Baby Names

Boy Name - too weird?

DH and I are having THE.HARDEST.TIME naming DS2.  DH recently suggested the name Briggs. He really loves it. I don’t hate it, but my concern is that it’s too weird and out there. I’m considering it bc I know a Fitz and Cal in real life.  They are adorable boys, and I like the short, casual vibe of those names. Thinking maybe Briggs falls into that same category?

Re: Boy Name - too weird?

• Briggs is very surname pretty random as a given first name, maybe if it was your maiden name but even then not loving it

short uncommon boy names

Trent
    Vaughn
    Dean
    Flynn
    Titus
    Rocco
    Hugh
    Heath
    Reid
    Hugo

• My cousin named her son Briggs a couple years ago. It still sounds odd to me. I feel like you can do better
  • Loading the player...
  • NAF personally

Me: 29 / Hubster: 31
    Married July 2010
    DC #1 Oct 2013
    DC #2 EDD June 2016

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • NAF personally

Me: 29 / Hubster: 31
    Married July 2010
    DC #1 Oct 2013
    DC #2 EDD June 2016

Pregnancy Ticker

• Makes me think of Briggs and Riley luggage. Or being tossed in the Brig (Navy jail)
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Agree with pp that it makes me think of navy jail. What about Brooks instead?
  • Good suggestion @kmvisioli. I’ll see if I can get DH on board. 

Very open to suggestions as we seriously cannot agree on anything and I feel like I’ve looked at all the name!
  • midwestmom12 said: go
    DH and I are having THE.HARDEST.TIME naming DS2.  DH recently suggested the name Briggs. He really loves it. I don’t hate it, but my concern is that it’s too weird and out there. I’m considering it bc I know a Fitz and Cal in real life.  They are adorable boys, and I like the short, casual vibe of those names. Thinking maybe Briggs falls into that same category?
    Far fetched, and dont love it, but could you name him Brighton with the NB Briggs? 
  • mb0112mb0112 member
    I don’t like it but there are good suggestions above. What is your other son named?
  • @mb0112 DS1 is Porter.

Some names that have been vetoed by DH or I are Cole, Beau, Ace, Cooper, Declan, Landon Cannon...
  • Rigsby nn Riggs? For some reason Riggs sounds less contrived than Briggs to me. 
  • I actually have met someone named Riggs, but never Briggs, so I can get behind PP's post above.
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • kmvisiolikmvisioli member
    edited July 2018
    A few more that fit your style: Dawson, Hayes, Bennett, Lance, Lawson, Ashton nn Ash, Case, Cash, Elliott
  • cantrelljacantrellja member
    edited July 2018
    NAF of Briggs at all. How about:

Brooks
    Drake
    Neil
    Paul
    Grant
    Jude
    Duke
    Finn
    Ian
    Lowell

• Briggs just makes me think of Myers-Briggs, like the personality test. I guess I don't hate it, but if it's not a family name for you then it does seem like an odd choice.
  • Not really a fan of Briggs... 

To go with Porter:
    Brett
    Colton
    Finn
    Sullivan
    Mac
    Arthur
    Spencer
    Graham
    Archer