January 2019 Moms
Options

Baby Registries

2»

Re: Baby Registries

• Options

Yep, I second BabyList not being the best choice. I loved the idea of it, but ultimately people were confused that you couldn’t just buy directly from the website or they wanted to buy something in store (i.e. Target), and it was too complicated to take something off the registry that way. 

Married: May 2012
    DS1: May 2016
    DS2: Jan 2019
    Baby #3 EDD: 6/18/24

• Options
    Ppl also didn’t buy much from my Amazon list (2.5 years ago). Most of the gift givers were family (older aunts, etc) and they mostly bought off our Target list. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    question for STM: I want to register at BBB and Target. Since a lot of items could be purchased at either store, do you split them up between the two stores or include duplicates and just try to keep an eye on them to delete the duplicate if it is purchased at the other store (this seems like a lot of work)? 
    Me: 36 DH:41
    DD born 1/3/2019
    EDD for #2 1/28/2021
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @lacroixliz I would not duplicate. Too much work for you and you will probably be making lots of returns. I registered for most stuff where I knew ppl would do more shopping (Target in my case). There were some items we could only find on amazon so I added those to a registry there. Target was close to me and easy for me to make returns. 
  • Options
    @UnbreakableKimmySchmidt That's exactly why I shyed (shied?) away from Amazon - I didn't think I would have a lot of luck with my farmer family, and I'd end up with a pile of random stuff.

@lacroixliz I'm not a STM, but I have pondered that exact question. I decided it would be risky and unfair to have the same items on both lists; what if multiple people show up at your baby shower with the same purchases? That's awkward and looks bad on you. I'd say to keep your items dedicated to one or the other.
  • Options
    @saltedcaramel518 is the website a lot different from the app? We have strictly been using the app and and it includes direct links to purchase the items. It also gives options of places to buy with the price. You’re also able to “reserve” an item without buying online Incase people would rather buy in store. We have actually already gotten a gift from a very excited friend who searched out our registry lol.

It seemed more user friendly than my brother’s honeymoon registry and that worked out well for him.
    married 7.11.09
    Me: 31 DH: 36
    DD (14) and DS (11) adopted from US Foster care December 2016
    BFP April 24, 2018 | EDD December 29, 2018
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    @DLpanda08 it’s not different. A lot of the people trying to buy from it were my parents’ age, and I think they just weren’t tech-savvy enough to figure it out. 
    Married: May 2012
    DS1: May 2016
    DS2: Jan 2019
    Baby #3 EDD: 6/18/24

• Options
    @saltedcaramel518 That makes me feel a little better knowing it was mostly older attendees struggling with it. I really like Babylist and didn’t want to have to move everything around. 
    married 7.11.09
    Me: 31 DH: 36
    DD (14) and DS (11) adopted from US Foster care December 2016
    BFP April 24, 2018 | EDD December 29, 2018
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker