July 2018 Moms

Weekend Randoms 714-7/15

Re: Weekend Randoms 714-7/15

• @smashjam lol to the gif and I am glad you had a good day! @julybabybear Benjamin’s hat is too stinkin’ cute. I hope his lung clear soon.
  • Loading the player...
  • I’m really just hear to complain. I hate nights. I’m so over being pregnant, and these stop and go freaking contractions. Not to mention my DS is either sick or just teething and has a 102.7 fever, and is miserable. Last night, I woke up at 12:20 to pee, checked on DS, and had contractions. Woke up again at 3 to pee, had more contractions. Up again at 5 because the dogs were crying to go out and HEAVEN FORBID DH awake from his slumber to do anything. I laid back down and started dozing off and I got RLP with a contraction which hurt so bad it made me nauseous. Then DS woke up at 6. And again, here I am up with my feverish miserable boy. Ugh. What even is sleep anymore? Best part is I already know it’s not going to get any better when LO comes. T-minus 3 days until eviction, seeing it looks like he’s sticking around for the long haul. 
  • Congratulations on your boys @julybabybear and @hillbillywife!
    run along Pond...2015/12/10

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Congrats @julybabybear and @hillbillywife!! 
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• @smashjam yay for a successful shower and first day not shadowing!I bet the Bernie Sanders onesie is awesome.

@paytonpedro I'm sorry about the stop and go labor, at this point it seems like it's a .after of days no matter what.

AFM, I'm nursing. LO has been awesome. Slept 8-1230am, nursed, slept until almost 5 and just because I woke him. Now he let me change him and nurse him without fusses. I'm letting DH sleep through this one because he did not nap at all yrsteryes and he went to bed at 1230am. Gotta get used to do this on my oeo once he is back to work!
  • Congratulations to all of the new moms out there! 
  • nimmlenimmle member
    Meh. One of the dogs in our building got skunked last night. Now I’m sitting downstairs trying to air out the lobby as best I can. Need to figure out how to air out the hallway on our floor since we don’t have any windows.  What a horrible smell. 
  • Congrats to all the new moms!

Just dropping in to say hi everyone! I’ve been MIA on here since having our baby boy. We got to come home Wednesday, had his doctors appointment Thursday and found out he had some jaundice. The doctor sent home healthcare out to our house to give us a lighted blanket for phototherapy. We had to go back Friday and his levels are safer. My milk also came in! We had been supplementing him but now we can stop that!

Things are crazy around here so I don’t know how much I’ll be able to bump in the coming days but I wanted to thank all you ladies for the support throughout this journey! It meant so much and was so helpful. 

• Congratulations @zande2016

• Congratulations @zande2016!! He's perfect and clearly not as big as they said he would be. Good job Mama!
  • Congratulations to all the new mamas!! 
  • Congrats to all the new mommas!
  • Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Congratulations @hillbillywife and @zande2016!!!

I'm starting to feel like once of the only July moms that's still pregnant.

I'm panicking about not having placenta encapsulation planned. I did it with my last pregnancy and had an amazing recovery, no baby blues, nothing. The funny thing is, despite my experience, I felt like it could have been placebo and never really swore by encapsulation.

Now, I'm feeling out of control hormonal and stressed out (Hi due date!) and think that maybe the placenta did help. IDK.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @runsomewhere also still pregnant! Due date is tomorrow  :p. If it helps, the science says placenta encapsulation isn't helpful and is potentially harmful so I wouldn't worry too much! I had a lovely postpartum period last time too, despite having preemies in the NICU!

• @runsomewhere still pregnant over here!  But not due until 7/27 (induction date).  I hope something starts happening for you soon!  You too @comealongponds!
    Married 9/19/09
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Still pregnant with a week left until due date (7/22). Was having cramp like contractions yesterday while on a walk with my sister and dogs. Then got home and they stopped. 
    Fx @runsomewhere@comealongponds@Sarafuss to labor happening sooner rather than later!! 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• And846And846 member
    Still here feeling like a beached whale as well!

So many congrats to all the new mommas this weekend. 
  • Random question for other pet owners:

When it became closer to.you going into labor, either watering breaking or contractions, were your dog(s) and/or cat(s) clingy? My dogs will not leave my side. So I'm wondering if they are sensing something is going to happen soon.

• @zombiehooha my dog has been normal, my cat's been weirdly clingy lately but that's kind of his new personality (he used to be an "appreciate me from a distance" kind of cat).

• I scheduled a manicure for noon tomorrow and then I’m meeting my mom for a fondue lunch at the Melting Pot (I’ve been craving it so badly and DH hates to go because “it’s not enough food” lol).  Then we are going to the mall (which I never do because, 3 kids).  I’m so excited to have the afternoon without kids and relax.  I had the brief thought that maybe scheduling a fun day would cause me to go into labor tonight but now I’m hoping I don’t because I’m looking forward to it lol.  (With my last baby I called and scheduled a mani/pedi for the following weekend and then later that same day I had to be induced for pre-e).  But I don’t think it’s going to work this time lol.  
    Married 9/19/09
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @zombiehoohaa our cat hasn’t left our side or the bassinet since baby was born. Idk if it’s because of our guests but it’s not her norm.
  • And846And846 member
    @zombiehoohaa my cats have stayed in the room I’m in at all times now. They used to be independent and look out windows in other rooms. Nope. Not anymore.

@Sarafuss melting pot sounds amazing!! 
  • @And846 they sent me a promotional email and I could not get it out of my head!  So excited to eat it! 
    Married 9/19/09
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yay for labor @flockofmoosen3 and @comealongponds

Well baby was with my mom for 40 minutes and when I go check on him he's sleeping with a pacifier. We've been giving in a couple of times in extreme fussy times but I really wanna limit it until we have BF down. She's like he was too desperate and I felt bad...ok well jusy give him back to me so I can cluster feed if that's the case...here we go with grandma spoiling him.
  • @zombiehoohaa my dog is always clingy so I didnt notice anything different in that way, but she did seem off in a good way for me, tho I can't quite describe it. I wonder if dogs can smell labor pheromones. Are there labor pheromones? Haha

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • Congratulations @flockofmoosen3!!!!

• @comealongponds I'm 40 weeks tomorrow too, I cannot believe it.
    I know there isn't any straight up science proving the effectiveness of placenta encapsulation but IDK I got this overwhelming need to do it again. I contacted the doula that did it for me last time and she will do it again. I know that without proper preparation there can be risks but this woman is an experienced, licensed midwife/doula so I feel confident in her work.

If you guys think I'm nuts that's ok :D

@zombiehoohaa I have two very sweet but dumb as rocks cats, they seem unaware and uninterested.

I'm finally feeling less grouchy. DH took DD out for a few hours, we got really tasty Indian food for dinner and now he's trying to get her ready for bed. Since I've been on maternity leave DD and I have been sleeping in till 8ish which made her not want to go to sleep till 9:30, sometimes 10. She didn't nap today other than 15 minutes in the car so we're hoping for an earlier bed time.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Congratulations @flockofmoosen3!  She’s precious!

@zombiehoohaa my cat definitely is more clingy this past month or so but it’s not been a super recent change so I wouldn’t think it’s because of signs of labor (since I’m still pregnant lol).  But I do think animals can sense things like that!  I’m curious to see how he acts as I get closer to delivery.
    Married 9/19/09
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @zombiehoohaa my two cats didn’t seem any different the day my water broke. But that’s just them. Or I didn’t notice 
  • amdftwamdftw member
    Congratulations @zande2016 and @flockofmoosen3!! So excited for the others in labor today!

My mom came over today to help with the nursery and it's about 99% done now. If little guy wants to show up early I'd be okay with it!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loved reading your birth stories @zande2016 and @flockofmoosen3! @zande2016 I'm so glad your doula came and helped you advocated and that your nurse changed because in the first half of your story I couldn't imagine the mind eff of being in labor, induced like I wasn't stoked about, and dealing with those attitudes. Those crappy nurses need to stow the attitude regardless of how they feel about your midwives!

@flockofmoosen3 glad you were able to go med free and can't wait to hear the name!

As for the dogs being clingy...my dogs are always following me and sleeping under my feet, so I don't notice anything different from them (however I'm also not in labor, lol). BUT DS is very different behavior wise. He's been asking us to play with him ALL the time instead of spending some time playing alone throughout the day, and he pouts a lot when I am cooking dinner or just need to sit for a minute and can't interact with him. There is a lot of "NO!" and crying when we leave the bedroom at bedtime or naptime. Now, he's three so it could just be that age, lol, but it could also be that he knows Bernie is coming soon, and is being clingy because of it.
  • Congrats @zande2016 and @flockofmoosen3!! I’m glad everything went pretty well for both of you!!