January 2019 Moms
Options

GTKY: How did you and your SO meet?

edited July 2018 in January 2019 Moms
What’s the story on how you and your SO got together?

Married: May 2012
DS1: May 2016
DS2: Jan 2019
Baby #3 EDD: 6/18/24

Re: GTKY: How did you and your SO meet?

• Loading the player...
  • Options

The TL;DR version is that DH was friends with my cousin. 

The longer version:

My cousin and DH grew up in the same small community/school/church. When she was in high school, my cousin had the biggest crush on him for years. I remember listening to her go on and on about him.. he didn’t reciprocate her feelings, though. 

Fast forward a few years and I went on a church college trip with my cousin. This was when *I* started crushing on DH (my cousin was engaged to her now-husband at this point and over her infatuation with DH), but I didn’t say anything to my cousin because girl code.  

A few months later, I was staying with my cousin, and she said (out of the blue), “Would you ever consider going out with DH?” I tried to play it cool and just shrugged and said, “Sure, why not?” She basically set us up and we went on our first date that night. 

Married: May 2012
    DS1: May 2016
    DS2: Jan 2019
    Baby #3 EDD: 6/18/24

• Options
    sareej521sareej521 member
    edited July 2018
    Mutual friends thought we would be a good fit and introduced us. We didn't start dating for a while but would dance and talk whenever we would see each other out. He always would tell me to look him up the next time I was in the area and I finally got the balls to get his number from the friends and make the first move! That was 10 years ago now and we've been married for 6 :)
  • Options
    DH was actually one of my best friend's roommates. I heard about him all the time but I didn't meet him because he was deployed a lot. I started hanging out at my best friend's house one summer after a horrible breakup. DH was there too and eventually we started hanging out. I love how we have the same best friends now but it sucks because they live far away due to us moving (Navy). We celebrate 10 years married next year. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    These make me happy :)!

We met at our college study abroad program to Kenya and Tanzania. (We did technically know each other before then too, from similar friend groups!). We got pretty close as friends pretty quickly through the trip, and hung out all the time, both alone and with a few other close friends. He was always the realest though and talking with him really helped me through some hard times I had. I have some precious memories of us staying up late by the Indian ocean beach and smoking crappy pot, talking about life! About halfway through the trip during our 1 week break we kissed...which turned into major making out, etc... (drinks were involved). We were a little unsure what to do about the other for the next few days, but then we ended up holding hands under the sunset and continued through the trip, keeping things under wraps. When we got back home for the next semester we kept up our relationship and did it 'for real' in the open. We moved in together after graduating, moved states, had some good times and the rest is history! About 9.5 years together now and 2 married!
  • Options
    We met in college sophomore year through a mutual friend. We actually had the same friends for over a year and never met. I had a class with his roommate and he even took a girl on my freshman hall to the winter dance. DH and his roommate were hosting a small super bowl party at their on campus apartment and our mutual friend invited me. We started off as friends because I was hung up on some guy I worked with. Fast forward a couple of months and I was over Jerky McJerkface and DH and I had our first date. We went to dinner and ice skating. We got engaged in December of our senior year and got married the following September. Our wedding pictures are funny because we look like we should be going to prom. We were 22 when we got married. We’ll be married 11 years in September! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    These are all so sweet. <3
    DH and I met on a band field trip in 7th grade. (Technically we also went to preschool together for a few months but neither of us remembers meeting then.) We were together all of 8th grade, went to different high schools, dated for a few months senior year before I left for college, then ended up being just friends for a year or so at the end of college again. Finally got together for a real grownup relationship seven years ago and been married for four years. 
    <3 D 2014 
    DD- 11/2016