November 2018 Moms

Disney World/Land Thread

2»

Re: Disney World/Land Thread

• @mojiejo Yikes. I would not have wanted to be the Disney employee breaking that news to a guest...
  • @MouseMama817 Yeah, it was bad all around.  I felt bad for the people trying to ride and the people who had to tell them they couldn't get on after all. :grimace:
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Our infertility journey (TW)
    ● IUI #1: BFN 
    ● IUI #2: BFP - early M/C :'(  
    ● IUI #3: BFN 
    ● IUI #4: BFN 
    ● IVF/FET #1 (2 transferred): BFP! TWINS!
    ● FET #2 (1 transferred): BFP!  BOY #3!
    ● Natural #1: BFP - M/C @ 8 weeks :'(
    ● Natural #2:  BFP - M/C @ 5w5d :'(

• Loading the player...
  • edited July 2018
    @MojieJo hmm that’s interesting because the harness is just a seatbelt style thing. I know they have issues with Flight of Passage and larger people, but I’d never heard of it being an issue on Soarin’. 

@MouseMama817 omg we love Toy Story Mania! My husband always beats me, but it’s one of our favorites. 

@offtoneverland @MouseMama817 I have no idea why one site said no Soarin’! That’s why I was like uhhh wtf? I’ve been on it many times, and I can’t think for the life of me why it would be advised against! 

The only one I’m really not sure about is the Safari. There are a few parts that get kinda bouncy/bumpy. Idk if that’s really a bad thing that far into pregnancy. I don’t want to miss looking at the animals with my family though :disappointed: I guess I’ll bring it up to my OB next appt.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • MojieJoMojieJo member
    edited July 2018
    @pink_polkadots Yeah, I know.  I wasn't paying too close of attention, but there were at least three people turned away while we were being seated.  

I know they were telling people that it was a known issue since the Soarin' Around the World revamp for "Pooh-sized" guests and that they were hoping to fix it soon.  Not sure if they replaced the seats when they updated it and that was the issue or what.

My husband and I were talking about how awkward it was for everyone involved at the time, but I don't know exactly what the problem was since it didn't affect me.  I'll update if my husband remembers more about it (he's putting the kids to bed right now).

ETA: He remembers it, but doesn't know the exact reason, either, other than not fitting in the seats.

• @pink_polkadots If your OB says no to the Safari, do the walking trails! I never used to do them, but DH wanted to the last time we went and they were awesome! They are shaded and have points where you can get up close to the animals. They also have two tiger cubs right now, that are adorable and you can only see on one of the trails (The one closest to the Safari).
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• @tessiesmom26 DD loves the walking trails! I was so disappointed last year because the cubs came out like the week AFTER we left. :disappointed:
  • I really love the term “Pooh-sized.”

I LOL-ed at that too! Is that a for real term? I kinda hope not...

• MojieJoMojieJo member
    edited July 2018
    @lifesabeach85 Yes, it is!  It's official Disney parlance for overweight/plus size guests!

I'm not sure what the actual guidelines are for being officially Pooh-sized, but they use it in the parks and on official marketing materials (website, magazines, etc.)

• Okay, this is probably silly but I'm a planner, so please don't judge me. As I mentioned before, we really want to plan a WDW vacation late next year (2019). I'm struggling with trying to figure out the timing because DD will be turning 5 next August, so she'll be starting kindergarten. I know nothing about school and I'm not sure about absences. I'm sure it depends on the school system, but I'm wondering, would it be better to plan our WDW trip for August so that she doesn't miss any of the school year? Or does it really matter if I were to pull a kindergartener out of school for a week for vacation? 
    Our favorite time of year to go to WDW is November and I would love it if we could pull that off, but I don't want to start planning it then find out next year that school policies don't allow me to take her out of school for a week for vacation. Does anyone have any thoughts or advice on this? I realize I'm probably over thinking it, but I can't help it.  :| 

Guys, I just want to plan a Disney trip so, so bad. I need it in my life!!!! 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • It probably depends on your school and their policies, but I know several people who have taken their kids on vacations throughout the school year and have no issues pulling them out for a few days. 
  • edited August 2018
    @offtoneverland HoCo public schools are pretty lenient with that stuff, as long as you let the school know ahead of time. You can even request any make up assignments or work before hand to complete so she’s not behind. I don’t think missing a week of kindergarten is that big of a deal. I’m sure my DD will also be missing a week or so of kindergarten next year as well in October, as that’s when we typically go. My 2 nieces last year missed 8 days of school (HoCo as well) for our trip last October when they went with us. My brother was worried about it being a problem but the secretary at the elementary school said it happens all the time and it was really NBD. 
  • @pink_polkadots Thank you! I figured it probably was NBD but I couldn't help but worry about it a little bit because I just know nothing about the school system here! 
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • @offtoneverland I’ve heard of this! I didn’t realize they made oils too. I wonder if they have an Animal Kingdom Lodge scent. That resort smells so amazing!
  • @MouseMama817 They do have an Animal Kingdom Lodge scent! The oils are new for them and I couldn't find any reviews, so I'm hoping they smell as good as the candles are supposed to. They aren't essential oils, just fun fragrances. MH gets headaches from strong scents, but I told him if I can make our house smell like the Disney cruise ship, I won't care if he gets a headache! (Not really...I'm not that heartless.)
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • So...the Disney scented oils did not turn out well. I put 2 drops in the diffuser and it was really, really strong and MH instantly got a bad headache. He had to leave the house.  :'( They smelled good, but were just very strong, too strong for my poor H.
    If anyone wants them, I would send them to you for free, otherwise I just have to throw them away.  :'(
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • @offtoneverland  Me me me!! Send them to me!!  :D Sorry they didn’t work out for you. I was telling my husband about them and he really wants to order the AKL one.
  • Who has done the 7 Dwarves Mine Train? I’m just wondering why the line for that one always shows as soooooo much longer than everything else. What makes it so special? 

• edited August 2018
    @lifesabeach85 I’ve been on it. It’s fun, theming is adorable, but it’s super short IMO. I think because it’s one of the newest rides in Magic Kingdom, that’s why the line is always so long. I’ve only ever used a fast pass to ride it, and after doing it, I would never wait more than 30 minutes for it.  
  • @pink_polkadots TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! I hope you have so much fun! Can't wait to hear!
  • @pink_polkadots I love those pictures! <3 I’ve never been and am hoping to go for DD1’s bday next year and ahhhh those pictures make me so excited! I hope we can make it work.
  • @pink_polkadots Love the pictures!!!! That Poppin' tank killed me.  <3
  • It's officially Day 1 of the Disney World / Harry Potter trip we were supposed to go on. My friends are sending me tons of pics and videos to keep me in the loop but a part of me is still a little depressed that we couldn't go. DH said I still look small enough that we probably could have gone but he was just being a brat. At almost 36weeks, there's no way we could've made the trip... He may not know it yet but we will definitely be going to at least Disneyland sometime before baby turns 5.

• @kamahina9 Oh man! I didn't realize you'd had a trip scheduled and had to cancel. I'm so sorry you couldn't go! It must be hard to see the pictures and know you're missing out. Yeah, definitely not a good idea to travel across the ocean at 36 weeks pregnant! It may have been fine, but better safe than sorry. It'd be awful to go into labor early and have your baby in a different state!
    And yes, you definitely need to go to Disneyland before your baby turns 5. It's so much fun seeing your kids experience the magic.  <3
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • @offtoneverland - thanks for the understanding! Yeah, I love seeing my friends having fun but still feel a little jealous.

• Just double checking on this - all men's restrooms at Disney will have changing tables, correct?