November 2018 Moms
Options

GTKY Daily 7/12: Babymoons!

I sincerely hope everyone is able to get away (or staycation) for a few days whether it’s your first or sixth baby. Where are you going? What are you doing that’s fun and relaxing? Who’s watching your kids if you already have some? 

Re: GTKY Daily 7/12: Babymoons!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ftm_jen Sounds peaceful! Where in PA will you be staying? 
  • Options
    runwmusicrunwmusic member
    edited July 2018
    @ginny_203 no clue! We have a camper van and tend to find state parks to stay in depending on how far we want to drive that day. Makes me sad to know we will be out growing it soon as it only has three seat belt seats and one king sized bed, but at least we can upgrade and have a full bath with shower rather than just a toliet next go around.

@middleschoolmommy where is the cruise headed? I have never done a cruise but it sounds relaxing!
  • Options
    @ftm_jen sounds like a fun adventure!! :) 
  • Options
    Probably not since we are planning Disney in the spring and my husband has reserved all vacation time for when the baby comes. We normally take short weekend trips a couple times through the summer though. 
  • Options
    Question for those planning babymoons: DH and I’s anniversary is mid-October. I am due Nov. 7, and my OB suggested not traveling after 35 weeks anywhere too far from home. We want to plan a long weekend somewhere probably a couple hours away to celebrate our anniversary/get away before baby, but want it to actually feel close to our anniversary. 

My question: is mid-late September too late to go on a long weekend? Will I be super pregnant and miserable? We’re debating between August and September but I want to actually enjoy myself! FTM here so no clue what would be best. 
  • Options
    @ftm_jen It is out of New Orleans and will stop in Cozumel and Progresso Mexico. It's the same itinerary as the very first cruise we took. We had such a great time, we decided to do it again. The only place we have liked better is Roatan, but it was too expensive just to go there and there wasn't a cruise headed there in the time frame we needed. Cruises are amazingly relaxing! We will have DS with us, but they have on-board daycare :D I also already told DH that when one of has to be the sober responsible one, it will be him. Every time. lol 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I wish! We haven’t been on a real vacation since before the kids were born (because $$). I’ve also been so swamped at work/trying to bank PTO for maternity leave this summer, we haven’t even had a long weekend or anything at the IL’s cabin like we would normally do for a mini-vacation (and...$$), so it’s likely a no for us. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @firsttimespartanmom i think that would be ok. i was hiking semi rocky terrain at 36w last time feeling pretty good. my recommendation would be just try to look at places not too far from in-network hospitals should some emergency arise.
  • Options
    I was really hoping we would be able to, but it's not looking good. We go on a vacation with my parents and sister for ten days, which will be nice but definitely no babymoon, and then MH is starting a new job. We have to wait and see what his new schedule and flexibility will be. :-/ 
  • Options
    @middleschoolmommy I plan on DH being the sober one for all outings for a year once breastfeeding is over! Probably won't actually happen but I will get my time after this baby is here! Haha
  • Options
    @firsttimespartanmom how are you feeling now, like overall? If you’re not feeling great, probably the sooner the better. If you’re overall fine though, I don’t think mid-sept would be a bad time at all! I went to the beach at 32w last time and will be doing a weekend away with toddler at 32w this time. If you’re low risk, I think anything before the last month is all good. 

We are doing three nights at the beach at the end of July. Soooooo excited to sit in a beach chair with a book and just read, maybe go float when I get too hot. Probably gonna get a massage, eat some good food, sleep a lot... My parents are keeping DD. 

• Options
    @lifesabeach85 okay so far! Normal stuff like tired, heartburn, etc etc but the small complications I had in first tri have gone away so I think we will be okay. Thanks for the advice! 
  • Options
    @wamam027 that sounds like so much fun!! :) 
  • Options
    @ginny_203 it should be! Nothing like girl time before babies arrive
  • Options
    Won't have time for a baby moon before the baby comes, but I'm VERY MUCH HOPING this Bub is a calm guy and easy sleeper so we can plan a last minute trip when he is 4ish months old. We took my niece all around Austria when she was 5 months and she was so easy to wear while we adventured. That said, I'm fully aware that I may change my mind once I'm sleep deprived  :D