November 2018 Moms

Thursday and Friday Ticker Change (7/12-7/13)

This is for those of us with a Thursday due date of: 11/1, 11/8, 11/15, 11/22, & 11/29
OR
a Friday due date of: 11/2, 11/9, 11/16, 11/23, & 11/30

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?

2. How are you feeling?

3. Any appointments this week?

4. Rants/raves/questions?

5. GTKY: In honor of Friday the 13th: what’s the freakiest or strangest thing that has ever happened to you? Also, if you have a good spooky story that happened to someone you knew, add it!

Re: Thursday and Friday Ticker Change (7/12-7/13)

• 1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?
    21w
    2. How are you feeling?
    acid reflux has been pretty annoying this week.
    two. an ob appointment on tuesday (stats looking great) and a routine mfm appointment this morning (babies showing no signs of ttts, so good). 
    the mfm doctor brought up getting an amniocentesis because of the problem with baby b’s kidney to check for genetic disorders. in what has been explained to me and with what i’ve read, the kidney thing is most likely a fluke, but there is a slim possibility that it could be related to a genetic problem. i’m annoyed because i feel like the doctor didn’t adequately answer my question as to the benefits of knowing whether it is genetic or not (at this point). amnio has risks, and doubly so for twins, and i just don’t want to do it only for the sake of knowing. if there’s more benefit to harm, maybe, but she didn’t actually give me concrete reasons to get it done. but she told me the deadline to decide is 28w. i have no clue what the right answer is. the same thing happened when she mentioned genetic testing at 12w, and left me confused as to how reliable it would be because they were twins (i got conflicting opinions from them, my ob, and the internet). i wish she would be more transparent.
    5. GTKY: In honor of Friday the 13th: what’s the freakiest or strangest thing that has ever happened to you? Also, if you have a good spooky story that happened to someone you knew, add it!
    i have two, both happening to me.
    1) when i was around 10 or 11yo and going door to door selling girl scout cookies, a man in a green jeep stopped me to ask for directions. “do you know where x street is? y street? z street?” when he got to a street that i recognized, he asked me if i would get in his car and show him where to go because he was lost. i told him no and turned around and went straight home. i’m so thankful i had the sense to not get in the car because now i know how bad that would have ended for me. i’m almost certain i saw the same man in a green jeep a year later, with the same ploy, but i didn’t even stop to acknowledge him. it breaks my heart to think back and wonder if something ever happened to someone else. i can’t remember if i told my mom or if she called the police or anything.
    2) the summer before highschool my mom and i visited her family in the philippines. it was my first time going there since i was a toddler. filipinos (my mom definitely included) can be a deeply superstitious lot. i became incredibly ill the first week i was there. saw a doctor who had no idea what was going on. somehow or another, the family determined that a recently deceased family friend must have been possessing me, so they called the next of kin who lived an hour away to come and do this ritual with me to release the spirit. i swear that within minutes of the ritual, i felt back to normal.
  • MojieJoMojieJo member
    edited July 2018

22 weeks tomorrow.  Coconut.

2. How are you feeling?

Other than being tired and short of breath, I'm feeling great!

Nope.

Baby's moving a ton.  I can see my stomach moving when he gets going!

Nothing too weird has ever happened to me, though I wish it had because I'm all about weird happenings.

I guess the weirdest thing that's ever happened to me was that once I was in our garage with my brother when I was maybe 8, and suddenly a bag full of aluminum cans (tied tightly at the top with no way to get into it) fell over and started rustling/shuffling like there was something in it.  I guess it could have just been cans shifting inside the bag, but it moved like there was something alive in there.  I noped out of there without investigating.

My mom saw a ghost once, though!  She works in a jail and saw what she described as a vaguely human-shaped mist or shadow cross the hallway and disappear into the wall opposite. 

She absolutely doesn't (or didn't) believe in the occult and wouldn't lie about something like that, so I absolutely believe her.  I'm a little jealous, actually!

@highsteaks I'm sorry you're facing that sort of decision without your doctor giving you enough information.  Could you get a second opinion on whether the amnio is worth it, maybe?
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Our infertility journey (TW)
    ● IUI #1: BFN 
    ● IUI #2: BFP - early M/C :'(  
    ● IUI #3: BFN 
    ● IUI #4: BFN 
    ● IVF/FET #1 (2 transferred): BFP! TWINS!
    ● FET #2 (1 transferred): BFP!  BOY #3!
    ● Natural #1: BFP - M/C @ 8 weeks :'(
    ● Natural #2:  BFP - M/C @ 5w5d :'(

• Loading the player...
  • @MojieJo that’s a good idea. there are two doctors at that mfm, and if i get the other one next time, i’ll ask them for clarification. i suspect that since she never mentioned it (she was the one that found the kidney problem last time), that her answer will be that she doesn’t find it necessary. at least that’s what i’m hoping for.
    24, woo-hoo!!! Cantaloupe. 
    2. How are you feeling?
    Same...exhausted, SI joint pain getting worse. 
    Nope, glucose test next week, bleh. 
    My boobs are HUGE! Huge. As big as they got at their biggest with DD2. 
    5. GTKY: In honor of Friday the 13th: what’s the freakiest or strangest thing that has ever happened to you? Also, if you have a good spooky story that happened to someone you knew, add it! I can’t think of anything...I’ll have to come back to this! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

21! 
    2. How are you feeling?
    The last few days I have been exhausted. I thought I was over this tired phase but I guess not.
    Nope
    Still rarely feel him because of this dang anterior placenta
    nothing to me but my uncle did live on a haunted apartment. Every morning he would go to the living room and his radio would have the headsets plugged in, unraveled and laying on the couch. Radio volumn turned all the way up. And the ceiling tile on the bathroom would be taken down lying on the toliet. Not sure how he lived there so long!
  • @runningyogimama yay for 24w!!! 

@ftm_jen i don’t think i could live there anymore after the 2nd time that happened! whoa
  • @highsteaks I'm sorry the dr is leaving you with more questions than answers right now. Hopefully you get some clarity soon. Also, super creepy about van man!

@MojieJo My stomach has started to move with baby too. It's so neat!

@runningyogimama I don't feel like my boobs are bigger, but DH says they certainly are! I don't mind that pregnancy perk!

@ftm_jen That's freaky! I would have been out of there so fast!

24 weeks. Baby is the size of a small pizza!

2. How are you feeling?
    Pretty good overall. I touched on this in the symptoms thread but I am having acid reflux and all the emotions. Other than that, pretty good.

I had one Wednesday to talk about my pelvic pain. For those who didn't see the update, one of my hips is rotated in and up so my pelvic bone is out of alignment. The Dr did some muscle manipulation to try to help it, and it helped while in the office, but as soon as I got dressed to leave, it came back. I thought I might just be sore from him poking around, but last night I woke up from a dead sleep because of pain and I almost couldn't get out of bed. I'm going between standing and sitting every few minutes just to try to get comfortable. I have at PT appt next Friday and I am hoping they might be able to help.

See above.

Nothing specific to me, but one of my cousins had a ton of stuff happen to him when he was a baby. At night his parents would take Elmo out of his crib and every morning they would wake up because he was in the crib playing with Elmo making noise. He was still too little to get it on his own, so someone was giving it to him. They would also find silverware in random places all over the house.

My mom also woke up one night and swore she saw a nurse standing in her bedroom. The nurse disappeared pretty quickly, but it freaked her out for sure. 
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• @tessiesmom26 moving doll?! noooo thank you.
    21 weeks - Endive size

2. How are you feeling?
    Pretty good! I don't have much discomfort during the day, but I'm having a hell of a time sleeping comfortably. My hips just aren't happy sleeping on my side (even with the preggie pillow between my knees).

I had 2 on Monday (Fetal Echo and MFM), but I won't go into it too much as I did that on the appointments thread.

I talked about the fact that one of my babies has a Pulmonary Stenosis in his/her heart in the appointment thread. The cardiologist vaguely mentioned that it could be a result of TTTS (which I have no evidence of), or a genetic condition, but it's most likely just a random thing. I'm trying to cling to it being random, but now I'm curious as to whether or not it's genetic...but I would think that if it's a genetic issue, Baby B would have signs as well. So far - other than the Pulmonary Stenosis - they're both doing great. I'm trying not to get too hung up on the small chance that it's linked to a bigger issue. They're going to look a little more closely at Baby B next time (they were both SUPER active on Monday and made it hard on the tech/doc) when I have my monthly Fetal Echo with them. 

5. GTKY: In honor of Friday the 13th: what’s the freakiest or strangest thing that has ever happened to you? Also, if you have a good spooky story that happened to someone you knew, add it! I'm going to have to think about this. The only spooky thing I can think of is that we had a huge picture window into our back yard when I was a kid - mind you we had about 6 acres of woods behind us. So, every time it was dark out, I would always feel like there was someone out there and I had to RUN out of the room to make sure they didn't get me. Totally unfounded...but you know how kids' minds can be. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @tessiesmom26 I hope you find some relief today. I feel just awful for you  :/