Trying to Get Pregnant

TFAS w/o 7/9

**This is a check-in for those with babies/children at home. Please be mindful that the discussion of living children in the WTO/TWW threads is prohibited unless extremely pertinent to your current cycle.** 
**If you are having a hard day re TTC or TTCAL, please note that this thread will discuss living children and/or issues specifically dealing with parenting and/or babies. Pregnancy may also be mentioned. Please lurk at your own discretion.**

What number are you trying for? 

Cycle/Month?

WTO/TWW? 

Ages of other child(ren)? 

Any thoughts about this cycle? 

Any questions? 

Rant/Rave/Brag:

GTKY: If you were stranded with your kid(s ) what are the three things you hope you’d have on hand?

Re: TFAS w/o 7/9

• What number are you trying for? 2

Cycle/Month? 2/2

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 9 months

Any thoughts about this cycle? Pretty sure I'm out, just wfaf

Any questions? 

Rant/Rave/Brag: Rant: DD has been chewing the crib railing (along with other wooden things in the house), so now I've got to buy or make crib rail guards. Rave: DD finally said mama and I know she meant it! Brag: DD took her first step on her own this past week. It was as she was falling, but hey!

GTKY: If you were stranded with your kid(s) what are the three things you hope you’d have on hand? Definitely a paci, probably a stroller so we could get places, and maybe a toy to keep her occupied?
  • @marebear15 Congrats on "mama" and first steps.  Both are definitely exciting moments!

What number are you trying for? 3

Cycle/Month? 2/2

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 3yo twins

Any thoughts about this cycle?  I'm hoping we can get better timing!  H and I both started new jobs so we're caught up in all the excitement right now.  I need to pay attention!

Any questions?  Nope.

Rant/Rave/Brag:  I had all of last week off to be with my girls (and the reason I wasn't able to bump all week - I hate the mobile app) and we had so much fun!  We were busy every day at the lake or the zoo or with friends.  I really hate to be back at work.

GTKY: If you were stranded with your kid(s ) what are the three things you hope you’d have on hand?  Food, wagon, more food?  All they do is eat.
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • What number are you trying for? 2

Cycle/Month? 2/2

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 13 months

Any thoughts about this cycle? I constantly worry about timing, and the energy to HIO on multiple work nights. 

Any questions? 

Rant/Rave/Brag: It is so hot here, I have no clue how people live in the desert all the time. Thank goodness for A/C! We took DS on a walk at 7pm when it was cooler and his little cheeks still turned red!

GTKY: If you were stranded with your kid(s ) what are the three things you hope you’d have on hand? Stroller, food/water and his blue giraffe (aptly named Mr. Giraffe). I'm trying to make Mr. Giraffe his lovey so we can (eventually) ditch his paci at night.
  • @marebear15 Yay for first steps and words! Sorry about your crib (and everything else wooden in your house!).

@mermaidca I love going to the zoo, also! What is your/their favorite animal? We're partial to the penguins. I'm glad you had a great week off with your girls! 

Cycle/Month? 7/7 

WTO/TWW? Tww

Ages of other child(ren)? 5 almost 6

Any thoughts about this cycle? Our timing was great but I'm trying not to get my hopes up. 

Any questions? None

Rant/Rave/Brag: dd is at the age that were she tells everyone everything we do and say especially to her little friends. I tell her no and explain why and she goes and tells them the exact thing I told her. 

GTKY: her tablet, snacks, and her stuffed cheetah  safari. 
  • @lilly91613 We just got pandas!  So those are the biggest hit.  The gorillas and penguins are also big pleasers.  When we were there the hippos started fighting and biting each other really aggressively and bleeding everywhere.  One of my girls got really scared and whispered "I don't like hippos anymore."  My heart broke a bit that she had to see that because they were one of their favourites too.

@asupernovablizzardstorm It's tough not to get your hopes up.  Fingers crossed.
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019

Cycle/Month? 4/4 

WTO/TWW? CD1  :'(

Ages of other child(ren)? 1.5 yrs

Any thoughts about this cycle? Not yet

Any questions? How do you distract yourself from TTC? I was so obsessed this past month and I have been so devastated it was a failure. I need a project to distract myself. I need something else to think about!

Rant/Rave/Brag: Rant: I never cried over failed cycles when we were trying for my DD. The only cycle I cried was the CP (understandably). But I've been crying every day since last Thursday when I knew this month was going to be a bust. Ugh. Pretty much everyone I know from my mommy groups and real life have gotten KU with baby #2 within the first three cycles, if not on the first try. I convinced myself it was going to be easier the second time, and here we are in month 4. This blows. 

Rave: DD is so smart she's picking up so much language. She's started singing songs and I'm pretty sure she has tons memorized, she just can't articulate all the words. She's currently obsessed with "Sound of Silence" from Trolls and "Daughters of Triton" from the Little Mermaid. Too cute! 

GTKY: If you were stranded with your kid(s ) what are the three things you hope you’d have on hand? Sunscreen, ipad, unlimited snacks. 

@marebear15 congrats on "mama"! It's so exciting when they start talking. Also, we have these crib rail guards and haven't had any problems with them. Just make sure you buy enough to cover all the rails. You definitely want to put the sticky ones on before too many chunks get taken out of the rails otherwise they won't stick properly! I think these are much safer than the tie-on kind as they're not a strangulation risk. 

@mermaidca congrats on the new jobs! Man, I wish I had something exciting like that to distract me from TTC. I'm too obsessed! I hate the mobile app too and pretty much only bump when I can get on a computer. 

@lilly91613 I worry about HIO marathons too. I just scheduled out July and I booked a HIO marathon for like 7 days straight because DH is going out of town and I want to make sure we get enough in case O is late. It's going to be so horrible. 

@asupernovablizzardstorm I think my mom started lying to me about her age when I started telling everyone everything. I believed she was 10 years younger than her real age until I was like 14 or 15. Ha. 
    *TW*

Me: 31 Him: 32

BFP #1 12/30/15 - CP

BFP #2 3/11/16 - DD born 11/16

TFAS since April 2018

• @mermaidca Pandas! They're so cute and fluffy! I am so sorry to hear that hippos are no longer a favorite. Not quite the same things as hippos fighting, but my niece had a *situation* with Minnie Mouse at Disney when she was 2ish, and she said the same thing! It's heartbreaking to see them sad.  

@asupernovablizzardstorm Perhaps DD is in training to be a supervisor/leader/president! So cute!!

@general_organa Are there any games you can download on your phone to help keep your mind off the TWW? Games can be really addicting, so maybe that would help? What about working out? Or a new hobby? 

• @lilly91613 I was really addicted to the Sims on my phone for a while, but I reached the end and kind of stopped playing. I think I need a new hobby, but I don't know what I should take up! Or a house project, but I know DH doesn't want a new house project right now.  :#
    *TW*

BFP #1 12/30/15 - CP

TFAS since April 2018

Cycle/Month? 2/2

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 22 months

Any thoughts about this cycle? I think we had good timing. I was talking to DH tonight about how perfectly it would work out with the amount of days I get off and summer break (I’m a teacher). Trying to keep my “hopefulness” in check. 

Any questions? None 

Rant/Rave/Brag: DD is in a screaming phase right now. We are trying to teach her “inside voice” but it’s a big ol’ flop right now. I’m sure it’s a phase, but it’s a very loud phase. But she’s saying more and more and I’m realizing how much she copies. The other day something happened and she goes, “oh gosh!”. It was hilarious. 

GTKY: If you were stranded with your kid(s ) what are the three things you hope you’d have on hand? Snacks, iPad, lovey
  • @marebear15 DS has lovely teeth marks, yay for walking and mama
    @mermaidca I love the zoo, bring on the penguins and sea lions.
    @asupernovablizzardstorm FX for you!
    @general_organa Well I decided to paint and redecorate my entire upstairs;)
    @nanner26  oh the screaming phase, wine lots of wine.

What number are you trying for? 2 biological, 4 overall 

Cycle/Month? 2/2(13 with 5ish being benched)

WTO/TWW? WTO CD 4

Ages of other child(ren)? DSS 20, DSD 16; DS 3.5

Any thoughts about this cycle? Hoping for better timing.

Any questions? Nope

Rant/Rave/Brag: Rant-Step mom to teenagers is hard. DH ended up fighting last night about expectations for his daughter. Part of the problem is instead of having a husband back me up when there is an issue he feels he has to defend them(which I get to an extent) but it makes me feel very alone and pointless trying to help raise them. 

Rave-Nothing particular, DS is being really funny recently though. He picked up my moms way of explaining things. My mom often says well when beginning an anwser to a question. So now DS is like wellllll, I think it’s hila the way he says it. 

GTKY: If you were stranded with your kid(s ) what are the three things you hope you’d have on hand?
    iPad, <——charger, goldfish 

Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga

Cycle/Month? 3/3

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 1

Any thoughts about this cycle? I'm in FW and I'm feeling hopeful. However, H and I need to BD tonight and the next 2 nights, but I don't think we'll get all 3 nights. H has been in a weird mood because of work stuff lately and he might not be in the right mindset for BDing. Ugh. If we do get to BD at least tonight and 2 other nights in the next few days I'll be happy.

Any questions? Nope.

Rant/Rave/Brag: DS is becoming more affectionate and cuddly! He will come sit in my lap and snuggle with me for a minute or two and then go back to playing. It's adorable. Until lately, he wasn't a fan of cuddling unless he was falling asleep. Also, he's been able to walk on his own for a couple months now, but he prefers to crawl because it's faster. Now he's starting to walk more and realize that he can get around just as well walking as he can crawling. It's so fun watching him!

I wish I had more mom friends to get together with. I am a part of a couple mom groups in my area, but due to my work schedule I don't get to attend play dates and mom nights out very often. I really value this community, but it would be nice to be able to talk to ladies in person about TTC stuff too.

A neighborhood asked me the other day "when are you gonna pop out another one?". It took everything in me to give a polite answer.

GTKY: If you were stranded with your kid(s) what are the three things you hope you’d have on hand?
    A ball (DS is easily entertained), diapers, DS's water bottle
  • MRDCleMRDCle member

What number are you trying for? 2

Cycle/Month? 1(ish)/1

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 3

Any thoughts about this cycle? Lots and lots, ha.  We're starting to NTNP this month and then next month we will start actively trying and it's like one minute I'm super excited and the next I'm terrified. 

Any questions? Nope!

Rant/Rave/Brag: DS is really at an amazing age...he's funny and smart and hella cute which is like, really great. Until he decides to be smart and funny and cute at like 11pm. Kid just won't go to bed these days.  "Mom I need to hug you. Mom I have to tell you a joke. Mom did you know hammers can't climb fences?" It's like he's trying to prep me for MOTN wake-ups again, ha. 

GTKY: If you were stranded with your kid(s ) what are the three things you hope you’d have on hand? Unlimited supply of applesauce pouches, filled water balloons, probably lots of cold wine for me (I'm assuming this is a desert island)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @general_organa I had to do the ones with the ties because DD isn't eating the top of the crib, it's the underside of the rail. So last night, since I didn't have time to go to the store, I grabbed a piece of heavy fabric, cut slits in it, and tied ribbon scraps to secure it. The ribbons are only about 4 inches long, so I don't think it's a strangulation risk, it's just not very pretty right now, lol.
    BTW, how long did it take you to get KU with your first? It took me 8 months + 2 of NTNP.
  • @marebear15 congrats on the 'mama' and 1st step!

@mermaidca @kindbytealikat thanks ladies!

@general_organa haha dd is the first to blurt out our age when we are asked how old we are. For distractions I usually do home projects or sew. I also have pixel art on my phone (color by numbers)  

@lilly91613 hopefully !

@MRDCle dd is still doing that. Every time I'm about to leave her room ' mom mom, what is...? I'm like just go to sleep so I can have my alone time.
  • MRDCleMRDCle member
    @marebear15 those first words are so sweet!
    @mermaidca I tried to convince my 3yo to go to the zoo with me last week but he chose the Natural History museum.  I haven't been to the zoo all year!
    @general_organa sorry for the tough cycle - that's super cute about DD singing though!
    @nanner26 T&Ps on the screaming - not a fun phase ha.  Hopefully it passes quickly!
    @kindbytealikat I love when little ones pick up adult mannerisms - so funny.
    @luckywife10 I feel the same way about wanting new mom friends.  I've even tried a couple of the "Friend dating" apps but they never seems to pan out. Blah.
  • @marebear15 oh wow she's biting the bottom of the rails?! What a stinker! I hope she doesn't mess with the rail covers too much! It took us 7 months and 6 cycles to get my DD. *TW* I had a CP with the 4th cycle, so the 4th and 5th cycles ended up being extra long. I just don't remember the process being this emotionally draining last time. 

@kindbytealikat I need a house project like that. We painted the entire house when we bought it 5 years ago - I don't think DH is down to paint again any time soon! We did attic insulation and had the whole upstairs carpet replaced while I was pregnant. The only projects I can think of that we need are outside, and we'd have to hire people to do them. I guess I can try to focus on those? 

@asupernovablizzardstorm pixel art sounds fun! what app do you use? 

@MRDCle DD doesn't stay up quite that late, but she squirms around for an hour every single night regardless of what time we put her in bed. In bed at 7 = not asleep until after 8. In bed at 8 = not asleep until 9. It's awful. I think some kids just don't want to sleep? If you know of a solution, let me know! 
    *TW*

BFP #1 12/30/15 - CP

TFAS since April 2018

• @general_organa one I have is called pixel art but I've seen others like it
  • MRDCleMRDCle member
    @general_organa it looks like your LO is 1.5? Right now the only thing that works is painstakingly explaining why he needs rest to build energy (your body needs rest so you can get up tomorrow and play at the splashpark!) and to consistently send him back to bed if he busts out. I don't know if that would have worked for him when he was 1.5...around then I let DH do some sleep-training while I walked the dogs each night. It was a pain but the sleep for all of us was worth it.
  • @asupernovablizzardstorm thanks!

@MRDCle yeah, DD is almost 20 months. We've sleep trained her and re-sleep trained her multiple times. It's the only thing that's worked on this kid. She used to nurse to sleep and we got to a point where I'd nurse her for 40 minutes every night and then she'd wake up upon transfer. She wouldn't sleep in the car, or the stroller or in my bed. So we had to sleep train. Even with the sleep training she still screws around once she's in bed and takes forever to fall asleep! I'm definitely at a loss for what to do with her. She's currently been fighting her nap for 25 minutes. Ugh. Go to sleep, baby!! 
    *TW*

BFP #1 12/30/15 - CP

TFAS since April 2018

Cycle/Month? 4/3

WTO/TWW? Tww (I think)

Ages of other child(ren)? 2

Any thoughts about this cycle? I just sort of gave up on this cycle. It's whatever. I took a short break from the bump just to stop obsessing for a bit. 

Any questions? Not really. 

Rant/Rave/Brag: I've felt kinda crummy and out of it for the past week. There's 3 different dates that could be my ovulation but for now it's just a waiting game...

I found out I have pcos and had started a medicated cycle, but then read the insert on femara after my 3rd dose. My son still nurses a little every day, and you absolutely cannot take it when nursing. So the clinic dropped me and told me to come back once he's weaned. I felt pretty crappy about that too, because now I have to wean him before he's ready for a chance to have another (it will be hell, he's very attached) or wait months for him to do it himself or me to just get tired of waiting. Crappy either way. Though I do know clomid and even the trigger shot is safe to use while breastfeeding but they won't even consider it and only use femara.

GTKY: If you were stranded with your kid(s ) what are the three things you hope you’d have on hand? Cloth diapers, clothes (you can cut a shirt into wipes), and one of those gps phones you can use anywhere to call for help. 
  • MRDCleMRDCle member
    @general_organa oh man. Yeah sounds like a kid who just hates sleep.  That's rough! Car naps were our saving grace for a loooong time because he was easy to transfer. Now that our son is a little older, I tell him he can either sleep or play quietly in bed/read books - he usually picks to play or look at books but then he usually PTFO pretty quick.  Maybe soon that will be an option soon! 
  • MRDCleMRDCle member
    @prpl11butterfly damn Alexa is stepping up her game, ha!
  • @prpl11butterfly Aww your DS sounds adorable! And Alexa better get her shopping list right this time!
  • Late to participate this week!

What number are you trying for? 2

Cycle/Month? 9/9

WTO/TWW? TWW... but BFNs

Ages of other child(ren)? 18 months

Any thoughts about this cycle? Well this cycle is obviously another bust.  My H and I have had a lot of discussions about moving forward with our RE's plan.  I have so many thoughts about this but we are going to start treatment.  The CD9 O this cycle was really the deciding factor.  I truly believe my early Os may be an issue.  It took us 9 cycles for our first, but I happened to get pregnant one of the few cycles I O'd on CD14 when the rest were CD11/12.  Could just be a coincidence, obviously we'll never know.

Any questions? Nope.

Rant/Rave/Brag: Our son has HFM this week so he has had to stay home from daycare, it so hard to balance work between my H and I!  We have no family in the area to help so it's all on us, wahhh.  Now here's to hoping we don't catch it...

GTKY: If you were stranded with your kid(s ) what are the three things you hope you’d have on hand?  Food, toys and a bed with a wine spout.  
  • @prpl11butterfly aww that’s adorable and sad at the same time. I hope this is your month
    @Sparty18 sorry about HFM that’s not fun
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga