High-Risk Pregnancy

Tell me about how you got put on bed rest

I'm 32 + 2, and had some bleeding this weekend which led to some monitoring on yesterday that showed pretty regular contractions but like 10 min between. OB sent me home to drink water and rest and keep monitoring the contractions while keeping her updated. So that started at lunch time yesterday, everything stayed the same and I updated her at 6 p.m. at which time she said to keep doing the same thing and call her in the morning. Left a message this morning but still haven't heard back. How long can this pattern continue? Like have any of you ever been on play it by ear bed rest that gets updated every 12 hours? I can handle that if I have to myself, but my work is wanting more clear information on whether they should plan for me to be available later in the week or not and I have no idea what to tell them. Each time I've updated work I've just said I'm supposed to stay in bed still and I'm waiting on more guidance. Is bed rest normally handled so piece by piece or is there a point where it becomes clearer how long it's going to last?

DD #1: 2012; MMC: 2014; DD #2: 2015; It's a boy! 3/31/2018

Re: Tell me about how you got put on bed rest

• I was put on at 35 weeks for blood pressure issues and swelling ..I was misreble but it was best for the baby ..  I would recommend you go ahead and get your FMLA papers from work started .. you just don't know ..  this could go back and forth .. sorry you are dealing with this !!
               5 years IF & 2 losses

~~ DS Born 2/28/2013 ~~
                8lb 13 oz 22 inches 
    Happily expecting another miracle !
     EDD 11/20

• I was put on strict bedrest at 30 weeks after have a partial placenta abruption and going into labor. We planned to deliver but they gave steroid shots and I forgot the other drug but they transferred me hospitals and were able to stop labor. I also had low amniotic fluid. Then strict bedrest for 6 weeks till I got pre-e and emergency cescetion I went. I was never allowed off strict bedrest. I got an assisted 5 minute shower, I couldn't drive or anything. So it never got lifted and let me tell you I cried. I had to send my dog away for 6 weeks and it was so damn lonely. Not to mention your hips kill when all you can do is lay. 

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• Loading the player...
  • I have been on bed rest for 4 weeks (since week 12, I am 16 weeks now) and will continue to be until things (hopefully) get better. I had CVS testing and afterwards my water broke and I developed a subchorionic hematoma from trauma caused during the procedure. Lots of cramping, bleeding, etc...