July 2018 Moms

Weekday Randoms 7/9

Re: Weekday Randoms 7/9

• I'm so annoyed that I have this stupid cold right now.  And on top of it, I got freaking pink eye and none of my kids have it (which is good but wtf?).  I have no idea where I picked it up.  I'm pretty obsessive about washing/sanitizing my hands but I do have a bad habit of touching my eyes.  DD seems to have caught the cold now but so far no one else has pink eye.  I started the eye drops last night and thankfully it's better today.  I'm just frustrated that we have all these germs floating around with a new baby coming home in a couple weeks.  What kind of karma is this that gives you a cold and pink eye at 38 weeks pregnant?  It definitely could be worse but I'm just grumpy about it all.  

On a positive note, today is my last full day in the office!  I start working from home on Monday and just go in the office on Wednesdays for 4 hours which will be my new schedule after baby as well.  I'm so looking forward to only commuting one day a week and not having to pay for childcare anymore!  (My mom is watching the kids on Wednesdays).  
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @gingerbride26 oh I definitely squeaky wheeled it up, I was calling quite a bit. For one thing my poor mom has been at our house since 5 yesterday and had to sleep on a futon last night, I didn’t want to make her do that again tonight if it wasn’t gonna be necessary. Anyway, the latest update is L&D is supposed to call me in the next hour to tell me when to come in, and I’m assured it’ll definitely be sometime this afternoon. I’m honestly still not too convinced but we shall see. i was told to not go too far and to make sure I eat something so grabbing lunch now and hoping they really do call. I’m so nervous they’re gonna stick me in some overflow room without a tub or something. 
  • Loading the player...
  • nimmlenimmle member
    @zande2016 Fingers crossed for you!
  • @zande2016 I’m glad the hospital finally called you or got an update. Even if you get put in an overflow room, you’ll be admitted and baby will be on his way- tub or not. 
  • @zande2016 its good the hospital called with an update. Here's hoping you get in there and get things started soon!

So I mentioned before I had to take back my acceptance of the science job I got with a school. I emailed the principal because the curriculum coordinator said she wasn't going to be in the job anymore. I have yet to get a response back from the principal, but did get a job alert from the website all the schools around here use and that job is reposted. I think its kind of ridiculous if they are mad about it, and kind of weird that they didn't email me back saying they understood. It's only been maybe 2 weeks? Its not like I left them hanging until right before my start date! Weird.
  • @hillbillywife I know you’re right and that’s what I’m telling myself. But this whole pregnancy I’ve felt like my wish list for labor and delivery has been slowly stripped away from me and the stupid tub was one of the only things I had left from my original plan. Oh well. 
  • @SmashJam I once turned down a job offer at a law firm because I decided it wasn’t the right fit and the owner who I was dealing with completely ghosted and never acknowledged my email to her. I felt it was kind of unprofessional especially since the field of law I work in is tiny and I was bound to see her. I ended up seeing her at a conference in March and she was super overly friendly and acted like nothing had happened. You did nothing wrong, people are just weird! 
  • @SmashJam and @zande2016 I also got ghosted after turning down a job offer.  It wasn't the right time and there was no upward mobility when that used to be important to me...I would totally take it now but I've been too afraid to apply when things come up there because of the experience.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • We had DD 2 week appointment today and I'm so annoyed at the pediatricians office. So we go to an office that is basically the place that sees all Medicaid patients, and all patients who never chose a dr and get stuck with one here. It's a school of medicine and tons of residents see patients there. When we had DS 6 years ago we chose a private pedi who never showed up to the hospital to do the newborn overview and we got stuck with this practice. Well we have always been exclusive to one pedi and she is amazing so we chose to stay with her and the practice since we only see her. Anyway, DD goes to her as well. They saw her at 5 days old and her dr was out of town which she advised us she would be ahead of time.. no big deal. Had another appointment today and a resident came in, which is not uncommon before the actual dr, but then did the entire visit and sent us on our way. When she tried to let us leave I asked aren't we supposed to see her actual dr? To which she gets snappy and says the visit is over, she looks good I see no reason to see her unless you just want to say hi and smile? I was so annoyed, I let her know we attended that practice solely to see this specific dr and my appointment was booked with her for a reason. She didn't go over growth info or anything with me like the actual pedi does, tried to shun my decision to let my baby sleep 5 hours at night between feedings (although she hasn't lost any of her birth weight since being born, and has steadily gained.) And didn't address any of my concerns. I just left and when I scheduled the 2 month visit I made sure to let them know if I saw anyone other than DD dr that I would be calling her nurse directly to schedule appointments from here on out. Maybe I'm being snobby about it because plenty of people see the residents but I'm just heavily annoyed.
  • @zande2016 I know, I’m sorry, I wasn’t trying to diminish your feelings. Your path to delivery has been rocky. Don’t give up hope that even without all these things you thought you wanted, you can still have a wonderful delivery. I’ve had two awesome inductions and would do them both over again in a heartbeat (pitocin and all!) 
  • @kbernal2021 that’s really annoying. I’m totally fine seeing residents, so long as the actual doc checks in and goes over everything too. I would let the doc know, residents are still super new (they started July 1) and it sound like this one might be a bit too big for her britches and need to be brought down a peg or two. 

@zande2016 yay! I’m glad you got a time! Just don’t answer the phone again between now and 3 lol
    run along Pond...2015/12/10

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • @knernal2021 Sounds like the resident was getting their ego hurt because you asked for the doctor. I would have said, yes, send her in so we can both say Hi and smile. Thanks. You obviously do not agree with her recommendations (rightfully so) so you did have concerns that should have been addressed with your doctor. It is hard to push back though when you are caught off guard. You will know what to do next time.
  • And846And846 member
    Been busy with work the last week prepping for leave. 
    @zande2016 ugh, so sorry you are in your current situation! I hope as the day progresses that they give you some favorable news!
  • fingers crossed things go smoothly here on out @zande2016

@kbernal2021 I wpuld report the resident for being so rude! 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• @zande2016 good luck today and I hope you are able to stick as close to your birth plan as possible even though that includes being induced!

I called the actual pediatrician's nurse and left a message for them to call me back. I'm not so worried about a lot of the visit as much as I am that the resident completely disregarded my concern of thrush. I had it when DD was 3 days old, and DD was never treated. Well here we are at 2 weeks old and DD now has white patches on her tongue that wont wipe away and yeast blisters in her diaper area are appearing. I had my dr check me over for it again since I have yeast blisters appearing on my breast and the same feeling I did at 3 days old. My dr confirms yes there is thrush and it was likely passed back to you as a result of your daughter not being treated the first time. The resident today told me dd tongue wasn't "cottage cheese looking enough" to suspect thrush and said yes the blisters appearing look to be yeast, stop using aquaphor and start using desitin. I told her aquaphor was the only thing working after trying a zinc cream and she told me aquaphor does nothing. I took that with a grain of salt as I'm going to do what works for my child over what she thinks is better. Anyway, all my BF to say I should have just waited on the pediatrician instead of leaving. 
  • @zande2016 I can only imagine how hard the past 24+ hours have been! Fx you get the room you want and you have a good delivery despite the Rocky road! So close to meet baby! 
    @Sarafuss I'm so sorry you're sick! There should be an immunity shield for prego women, especially heavily prego women! 
    @kbernal2021 wow, that's just wrong. I would also make sure to let them know. Sarcasm is definitely not the way to address the parent of a newborn! Especially when you also have another child and take time to hustle out of the house!
  • @kbernal2021 I can't stand drs. like that and the fact that she's a resident who doesn't yet have years of experience makes it even more annoying.  Why would Desitin help a yeast rash?  Lotrimin, sure, but Desitin isn't going to help anything.  I'm glad you called the nurse line and hopefully you can get in to see the pedi to check out the thrush situation.
    Married 9/19/09
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • nimmlenimmle member
    @zande2016 Thinking about you and hoping you're getting checked in and settled
  • nimmlenimmle member
    @zande2016 Dang! Glad you're all settled in! Good luck!!!
  • @zande2016 woo hoo!  Glad you got an awesome room!  Good luck!
    Married 9/19/09
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @zande2016 so happy everything is working out!! Enjoy and Good luck!
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• @zande2016 yay!! If that’s not a sign that you’re gonna rock this labor then idk what is!! Good luck mama!! Will be thinking of you!!
  • yay @zande2016 that room looks amazing by the way!! 

• nimmlenimmle member
    @zande2016 Yay. I'm glad you called the MFM. It seems like he really set you up for success.
  • @d_marie_23 congratulations!!! 
  • @zande2016 Awesome! That tub sounds good right about now...

@d_marie_23 congratulations!

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• We are home and DH just ran to pick up dinner that I called into a local italian place. I'm alone with both kids for the first time. DS is asleep.....and I'm sitting on the couch with my feet up letting DD watch Daniel Tiger. I'm actually a little disappointed in myself that I don't feel guilty about it either! Lol

DShas been asleep for almost 3 hours after cluster feeding most of today. I'm guessing that will mean no sleep for me tonight but still least I'll be home! My room was right next to the nurses station so I woke all night long hearing them last night even though DS was asleep. Annoying!
  • Congratulations @d_marie_23, Ziggy is adorable!

hope things are continuing to go well @zande2016!
    run along Pond...2015/12/10

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • @d_marie_23 congratulations!!!!! So precious!! 

@zande2016 yayy! Sending you all the labor vibes!! Good luck! 
  • @zande2016 that's a sweet room, yay for you getting in and getting the tub you hoped for! Best wishes today!

Congratulations on your precious baby @d_marie_23
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Congratulations @d_marie_23!!! And all the other mamas I missed in the past day or so! 

So happy for you @zande2016 you deserve the best care, can't wait to see your birth announcement! I have a huge rant...has to do with my disability benefits! Guess who has to apply via MAIL and wait WEEKS because someone illegaly used my SSN in the past to get benefits?? More in spoilers...
    I went online to apply for CA disability. Kept getting an error that my data did not match what California has. WTF? Everything was correct. So I called...lo and behold... SOMEONE WAS USING MY SSN!!! On the phone, they told me that they were "using it to work". I take it that meant they got hired somewhere and provided my SSN. 
    I was instructed to apply via mail -which takes WAY longer than online so I was already pissed. Additionally...they said to mail in a COPY OF MY BIRTH CERT! as well as copy of DL and SSN. 

I go to download the form but...I have to get it mailed! And it takes 2 weeks! So I panicked and decided to rush to the disability office between feedings. LO was asleep...I drove there with my mom and DH stayed home. Got there, thankfully there was no one in line so I got the forms and some precious help...which is a blessing because of course the instructions I was given on the phone were incorrect! No birth cert needed but I may have to go to a SS office to get a letter. They told me to check and see if I can get it online.

Got home and poor DH said baby was fussy and he had just fallen asleep again...this was 3pm...I quickly ate lunch (finally...) And nursed him... I'm shocked at all the stuff I have to do to get my benefits and just SO THANKFUL that I have enough savings to get by my maternity leave regardless of when this will all be solved. 
  • Congrats @d_marie_23 !!
    @kissableviv oh no!! So sorry you have to deal with that!! 

• I think babe has flipped breech! So annoying as hes getting bigger so obviously he is gonna lose chances to flip again but I hear the heartbeat above the belly button so pretty sure it's TRUE. Hopefully I can flip him again but next appt isn't til Thursday next week at 39 weeks so I won't be sure til then. I'm so bummed, I've been doing all this shit to help further myself along and it might not even matter.
  • I am super behind as I always get with the randoms, so congrats to @d_marie_23 and a belated congratulations to @MichelleAG05 and @stlmegs on those adorable babies! 

@zande2016 when I started this reply earlier today it was to send positive thoughts your way, and it looks like they made it! So happy the MFM came through and you got a room, with a giant tub to boot! Best of luck tonight!!

@kbernal2021 sorry you had to go through that and so happy to see the pediatrician making things right

@kissableviv what in the heck??? I love how their response to a fraudulent issue is to make you send in a birth certificate. Like, exactly how did the other person get past any verification to “claim” your SSN? Sorry you’re having to deal with this. I’m continually amazed at the hoops we have to go through for these pregnancy-related coverages. Good luck!