October 2018 Moms

Wednesday Ticker Change (7/11)

Ticker change simply means that you have started a new week of pregnancy.  For example, I go from 27 weeks to 28 weeks on Wednesday 7/11, so my “ticker” changes on Wednesdays. It is our way of marking a milestone. 

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?

2. How are you feeling?

3. Any appointments this week?

4. Rants/raves/questions?

5. GTKY: Where is the farthest you've ever traveled from home?

Re: Wednesday Ticker Change (7/11)

• Loading the player...
  • 1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?

26 weeks, a double gulp at 7/11

2. How are you feeling?

cranky, irritable, tired, heartburn, other than that Im just peachy :D

I had my regular OB appointment Monday, did my 1 hr glucose test and failed :( Now I need to plan for my 3 hr glucose test.

Question about the 3 hr glucose test, I was given info from my doctor to carb load for 3 days prior to the test.  Did anyone else get this info? I haven't heard it before so I was curious.  With my first I was told nothing different except for fasting for the 3 hr.  I will probably shoot my dr a message about it today and see what she says.

Raves: speaking of 7/11 today is free slurpee day!!!

California and I live in Maryland, so I hopped the coast.  I would like to travel to Italy and Ireland one day.

• drb2424 said:

Question about the 3 hr glucose test, I was given info from my doctor to carb load for 3 days prior to the test.  Did anyone else get this info? I haven't heard it before so I was curious.  With my first I was told nothing different except for fasting for the 3 hr.  I will probably shoot my dr a message about it today and see what she says.

@drb2424 I opted out of the 1 hour and going straight for the 3 hour.  I wasn't given any instructions for my test and its this Friday.  I'm all for carb-loading though lol.  I'll call my doctor today, just to see if anything special needs to be done.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers   Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • 1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?

28w eggplant!

2. How are you feeling?

Big, tired, out of breath, crabby, the heat makes me nauseous as hell.. my abdomen hurt last night I think from growing more but I cried and DH felt so bad he couldn't do anything but hug me..

Next Tuesday is a growth scan and the 1hr glucose test

Cant think of any

Las Vegas when I was in 5th grade lol we went to the bull riding competition my dad was into watching at the time. 

• @drb2424 I think your baby size description is my favorite one so far!
  • @rc-cola - Yours is my favorite trip story so far!
  • @drb2424just got off the phone with my doctors office and only instruction I was given was to fast for 8 hours prior.  I can drink a small sip of water if I have to take any medication.  My appt is at 8:45am.  I'm wondering should I set an alarm for midnight to get up and eat something lol.  I'm usually up at 4:30am and having breakfast by 6:30am...waiting until almost noon to eat is going to be tough!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers   Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • @tropical1982 - If it helps- you’ll actually be eating something at 8:45.  Just not what you want.  :D 

My test is Saturday; I plan to be at the lab by 8am.  I don’t plan to do anything differently on Friday, just my usual for dinner and go to bed. The one thing I will do is move my snacks to a different location.  Occasionally I grab a cookie or some crackers when I let the dog out during the middle of the night, and even just switching the shelves should be enough reminder that I’m supposed to be fasting.  
  • LOL @knottieamusements very true!  I'm just hoping I get orange flavor.  I had that one before and it wasn't gourmet but it was pretty tolerable.
  • I liked the lemon lime flavor I had when I did it at 10.5 weeks
  • Idk if I get an option for the drink. The receptionist called it glucola so I'm hoping it's like coke?? We'll see next week!
  • I always forget to do this thread.. 

26 wks and this baby feels much bigger than the kale (I think) that TB said

2. How are you feeling?

Today I feel great! Just really hot and can’t breathe much. 

Only my weekly chiro appointment I think. Better check my calendar to be sure.

Rave I guess? I’m soooo excited! Finally bought a ticket to go see my sis’s baby!! Flying to OH the 26th then driving back to CO with my parents in their RV. I can haul back all the blankets my little sis is making for me and the clothes.. I have room to bring back all the stuff! Curtis is already asking if I’m leaving food in the freezer for him. (Giant eye roll. Not sure how he survived on his own from 17-24)

Probably Cancun. 

• Idk if I get an option for the drink. The receptionist called it glucola so I'm hoping it's like coke?? We'll see next week!
    That's the formal name for it
  • mamabearcjmamabearcj member
    edited July 2018
    @sammierose464 awe lame... then I really hope they have options
    ETA words are hard
  • That's interesting to know!
  • I totally forgot yesterday was Wednesday. Oops!

26, a bunch of kale.

2. How are you feeling?

Still pretty normal. A lot of stretching in my belly but not really uncomfortable yet.  Way more movement this week, it’s crazy!

Currently sitting and waiting for my one hour glucose test. Seeing my OB next week but hoping they will call me with the results before then.

We’re getting ready to visit day cares next week. Off to the day care thread! I love this board, pretty much every question I have there is already a thread for it.

Maui, Hawaii for our honeymoon. DH and I are dying to take an Asian vacation to see China, Japan, Thailand, and Vietnam.  Unfortunately I think that will be hard with LO, maybe when she’s a teenager!