December 2018 Moms
Options

12/9-12/16 EDD check-in (week of 7/9)

Let's do this.

Also, I'm shamelessly stealing the GTKY from the 12/1-12/8 ladies. Sorry not sorry.

1. How far along are you? How big is baby?

2. How are you feeling?

3. Rants/Raves/Questions/Dear Diary?

4. GTKY: What thing(s) from your childhood do you want your child(ren) to experience? 

Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga

Re: 12/9-12/16 EDD check-in (week of 7/9)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    17+6, baby is a pomegranate or croissant. Mmm, buttery flaky baby.

2. How are you feeling?
    Good! Really good. Not-even-sure-that-I'm-still-pregnant good (but I don't have any evidence to support a loss either so there's that). Evening and morning reflux are my life, and my new random hand or foot tingles are continuing. I still only have enough juice to complete two errands each day, I blame the heat & humidity.

Dear Diary, I think I'm going to trade in my car tomorrow. I wanted an all electric vehicle (because I'm kind of crunchy and tired of supporting the oil industry) BUT the logistics of long drives without a solid charging network (especially in the American South) isn't going to work with a baby...also, I can't trickle charge at home. *le sigh* DH has convinced me to give in and go hybrid. Today I'm washing, vacuuming, and getting pre-approved for the loan. Tomorrow DH is going to the dealership with me (for muscle, obvs) to test drive and negotiate.

4. GTKY: What thing(s) from your childhood do you want your child(ren) to experience? 
    Camping! Road trips! Being happy in nature! 
    I see so many kids that need to be plugged in to be happy or quiet - it just makes me sad. DH and I want LO to observe and question his surroundings, and to enjoy things like sunsets and interesting beetles. We also know that LO will be expected to be a digital native, so we'll have to figure out that balance. DH really wants LO to love music, so we're also planning a lot of classical exposure and ready to support musical exploration :heart:
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • Options
    @echo-charlietango I would love to get a hybrid for my next vehicle. I mean, ideally it would be fully electric, but the charging issue is just a lot to overcome when we frequently travel farther than the range to visit my parents over the weekends. 

But also, whyyyyy are the hybrids so much more expensive? :(
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • Options
    @echo-charlietango we talk constantly about 'when we get teslas'. Also big yes yes yes to nature. We both love being outside and hopefully our kiddo does too! 
  • Options
    @runrinserepeat I sincerely hope that charging networks improve when it's time to replace my next car! I was this close to buying a Chevy Bolt EV before leaving Kansas, but when I discovered how difficult it was going to be to drive 700 miles I decided that I could wait. Then we got settled in in Alabama and realized that charging was also going to be difficult. It's sad. I really want to support alternative fuels but it's just not possible now :bawling:

@morgantu Yeeeesssss to Teslas! Last summer when we moved (super close) to Kansas City, I was stoked to be near a Tesla dealership. I had my $1,000 ready to go so I could reserve a Model 3, but never did when I saw how the production was not meeting demand. I'm afraid that if I did reserve a car, that it would roll off the line in time for us to move overseas and need to sell our cars.
    Camping! I plan on reading memorizing How to Read Nature (and all of Tristan Gooley's books) so I can blow LO's mind with practical nature knowledge. #tryingtobethecoolmom
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • Options
    17+5, pomegranate 
    2. How are you feeling?
    Joining @runrinserepeat @morgantu I'm just so tired. I'll have a random good day, and think the exhaustion is tapering, and then the next day it hits me again.
    I cannot wait for my A/S on the 27th. The excitement is starting to wear down, and the nerves are beginning to kick in. I'm just praying everything looks good, and she's as healthy as can be. I think I just need to get in the mindset that constant worry/stress is going to be my new normal. I know it's not going to suddenly stop once she's born.
    Everything! I had a very fortunate childhood growing up, and I want my kid(s) to be able to experience the same. Spending holidays with family, supporting them with any sports/extra curriculars they're interested in, going on disastrous (but fun!) family vacations, summer camps, etc.

@echo-charlietango Re: the random tingling, I have been getting that too, and something that seems to help me, is eating a spoonful of yellow mustard, or taking some turmeric. Be careful with turmeric, though, because too much during pregnancy isn't safe. Anyway, my coworker suggested those to me, and I don't know if it's the placebo effect or legit, but it helps!
  • Options
    17w6d, size of a croissant

2. How are you feeling?
    Same as @echo-charlietango...am I even still pregnant? I hate this in between where my symptoms are fairly non-existent but I can't feel baby moving yet (I'm guessing another anterior placenta like I had with DS)

@morgantu my scan is the 23rd, I'm counting down the days!!

DH and I just talked about this. We both had big family holidays, but that's not going to happen for our kids unfortunately. 
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    17 weeks and two days

2. How are you feeling?
    For the most part good. But I am noticing I can't eat super big meals anymore. Anyone else experiencing this this early? I feel crazy! I have a short torso and I am short to begin with so I am guessing that's why. I am terrified for when I am bigger!

Rant: Why don't more store offer maternity? Why does it have to all be online?
    SO much. I love the outdoors. I want to expose them as much as possible to nature!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Me: 30, DH: 32
    Married: November 2016
    BFP #1: 4/3/2018 EDD: 12/16/2018

• Options
    1. How far along are you? How big is baby? 17w6d, pomegranate

2. How are you feeling? Jet-lagged and sore all over ;) Other than that, fine. 

3. Rants/Raves/Questions/Dear Diary? Hi from sunny Oslo! Desperately trying to stay up until a reasonable hour. Last night we went to bed at 10:30 (after napping from basically 10-4 and then walking aimlessly around the city) and in spite of giving it my all I woke up 2 1/2 hours later and stayed up for another 3 hours (with H, who also had trouble sleeping). At 4 a.m. we decided to try and get more shut-eye. Jet lag is so weird — I was wide awake when I went to sleep and exhausted when I woke up 5 hours later! Highlights of today include seeing The Scream and the best fish soup ever.

4. GTKY: What thing(s) from your childhood do you want your child(ren) to experience? The only things I can think of are the Mennonite relief sale and the 4H fair. Oh, blueberry picking!
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • Options
    @PensiveCrayon eeeeek! Omg so excited for you! If you stay up till sunset or get up before sunrise, head up to the roof of the opera house! It's so cool and beautiful! 
  • Options
    @Hollyyyyy For what it’s worth, I worried an insane amount while I was pregnant the first time and thought I would be just as worried when she was born. Somehow once she was in my arms I felt so much better and more secure that everything would be ok. I thought I’d be up all night worrying if she was breathing, but I never had any of that. Obviously I still worry but not like I thought I would. Hopefully you’ll be less worried than you think.

@echo-charlietango MH is trying so hard to give dd a good musical education. He plays music for her every night. Very cute. I think it’s working too!

17w3d The size of a turnip.

2. How are you feeling?
    In general good. The last couple of days, extremely tired and over emotional. I cried last night over the AFP test results thing (which is a normal thing to cry about) and again today because of my child throwing up (not so normal). I’m not really a crier in general so for me breaking down twice in two days is a lot. I just feel emotionally exhausted right now. And both times I cried after the fact...I cried after I found out the afp was fine, and today I cried after I knew dd was fine and she was napping and I just needed to clean the car seat. Bleh.

Business as usual for the most part. I need a nap today. Haha

Spending time with family especially on holidays. I always loved our big Christmas party every year. Birthday parties with their friends over to play and cake. Those were the best. Just little stuff like that. I had a pretty good childhood so really I just want them to feel that sense of security I had.
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • Options
    @NickNack11 The maternity clothes search is obnoxious! I have just been ordering online and returning things... but it's a pain.

18 weeks today! (artichoke, sweet potato, or bell pepper!)

2. How are you feeling?
    Terrible. But, not because of pregnancy. I have a stupid summer cold. I just want to curl up and nap. Good thing I don't have to work today!  Are colds worse during pregnancy? Usually I'm not a whiner, but DAMN this has knocked me out!

I am pretty sure I felt the baby thump on my belly the last couple of days... so weird!  I have my anatomy scan tomorrow. SO EXCITED!  We got results back yesterday saying that we are negative for trisomy and neural tube defects. So, that's awesome!  Let's hope things keep going well.  My doc has been monitoring my high blood pressure, and it's been lower this week. So, I'm also happy about that.

I loved my small holidays at home with just my parents and my brother.  It was relaxing and special. We didn't have much family around growing up, so holidays were quiet. I loved it.
  • Options
    @gordj87 I’m pretty sure colds are worse, yes. I had one two years ago with my son and it was miserable. I’m still struggling to get over my current cold, which I caught over a week ago and was never super bad but is just lingering. Could also be because of all this travel. 
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018