Trying to Get Pregnant

GTKY Wednesday 7/11

Since we all love talking about food...

What are your favorite foods from your childhood? Either foods you grew up eating or favorite things that family members used to make? 

Re: GTKY Wednesday 7/11

• Sentimental - my Grammy and my Nana both used to make the best soups. So different from each other, but both so good. Have yet to be able to replicate either recipe. My Dad has come close, if we tweak it a bit we might have a winner. 

Favourite memory - Kraft Dinner with hot dogs boiled in the water with the noodles, then cut up in little pieces and smothered in ketchup. lol. I haven't eaten KD in years (since I found bugs in a box when I dumped the noodles in the water in 2012) but oh man, definitely one of my fav meals as a kid haha. 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• MRDCleMRDCle member
    My grandpa made the most amazing grilled cheeses. Nothing fancy - just regular old bread and Kraft singles but holy cow they were just perfect.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • mmmm.... y'all are making me hungry, and I was already hungry to begin with lol

My favorite restaurant when I was little was this little mexican place called Casa Jose. We used to go there like weekly with the whole family. Grandparents, aunts and uncles, like 15+ of us lol. My grandparents went there so often that they knew them by name, and they would start making her nachos as soon as she walked in the door. (She like them almost burnt to a crisp lol). The guy shut down after it burned down not once, but twice.... his daughter took over, but she was always kinda crazy so it was never quite the same until she got divorced a few years back and her husband got the restaurant in the settlement lol. it's still not 100% the same, but as close as its going to get probably.

and now i want mexican food...........
  • We had a few family favorites - grape leaves (or dolma), fried chicken and pizza. We actually call our version of pizza "LastName" pizza since it was a recipe my Dad came up with. It is childhood personified!

I can make all of them myself, but DH doesn't like grape leaves and Pizza. Boo! The fried chicken is just so messy and takes sooooo long so I rarely make that anymore.

@kiki047 Eww. Bugs. I don't think I'll ever eat KD again. 

• My mom makes the best spaghetti, chili and lasagna. I tend to request these things when I go home. She also makes an amazing short rib dinner  in a special sauce with boiled potatoes and carrots. The sauce is so good so you would mash your potatoes and coat them in the sauce as well. My mom is a good cook. I like spicy foods now so I tend to add a little cayenne to every one of her dishes now :)
  • Favorite is clam dip. My dad used to make it as a late night snack when I was little and he’d wake me up and we’d eat it and watch the tonight show.  As we got older, it became a snack staple for watching football.  I make it all the time here, but my dad stills always makes me some whenever I go home because I can’t get mine as good as his. 
  • @lilly91613 It was so traumatizing. I think it was a bad batch, I shipped a couple boxes to my brother in Japan when he was living overseas as a surprise and he had bugs in his too. Haven't bought or eaten it since. My SO is fine with that because it was one of only about 5 things his ex would eat, so he's happy to never have to see KD again in our house. 

@meri-mac you had me at short ribs. YUM. We make braised short ribs in our Instant Pot and it is the best thing ever. Which reminds me, that's going on my Costco list for this week. Thinking of things we can easily make in the new house, and that fits the bill because it's a one-pot meal. 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• MRDCleMRDCle member
    We had a few family favorites - grape leaves (or dolma), fried chicken and pizza. We actually call our version of pizza "LastName" pizza since it was a recipe my Dad came up with. It is childhood personified!

I can make all of them myself, but DH doesn't like grape leaves and Pizza. Boo! The fried chicken is just so messy and takes sooooo long so I rarely make that anymore.

@kiki047 Eww. Bugs. I don't think I'll ever eat KD again. 

Growing up, every Thursday's we had Mama "MyMom'sName's" Pizza. When her and my dad were dating his mom would make them Mama "Grandma'sname's" pizza!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Every Sunday night we had breakfast dinner with grits, eggs, toast, or sometimes pancakes. My mom always made pancakes Saturday mornings too because my dad was home and could eat them. We'd smother them in real maple syrup!
  • Pasta dinner with my grams homemade sauce is my favorite childhood food. And her salad dressing. Okay, most food my grandmother cooks (which is a lot since we are Italian)   :D Then there is also my dad's homemade chicken nuggets..... I just ate lunch and now my mouth is watering lol
  • Pinto beans with cornbread and hot sauce. 
  • My grandma made homemade bread from scratch. We always got to have some fresh out of the oven with melty butter! My mom also makes the best homemade chicken and noodles.

One of the quick weeknight meals my mom used to make was a box of chicken flavored Rice-a-Roni with canned chicken mixed in and a side of blueberry muffins. It’s seems like a strange meal looking back, but it’s so nostalgic to me now! 
  • My dad used to make this awesome chow fun for school fundraisers and sometimes at home, too. I asked him to make it for me and DH a few years ago and he decided to "improve" it and use different noodles and I was so sad! 

I still eat things I call "baby dinner" when I'm not feeling well or sad which are: pasta with Hormel Chili No Beans on top, or Top Ramen in a Hot Sour Soup packet. I've loved these things since I was little and they still taste just as good as an adult! 
    *TW*

Me: 31 Him: 32

BFP #1 12/30/15 - CP

BFP #2 3/11/16 - DD born 11/16

TFAS since April 2018

• @general_organa i just shiwed that to my husband and said "see!!! Spaghetti and chili is a real thing! I'm not weird!!!" Lol except I'm lazy and use plain ramen noodles because it's faster lol

@asupernovablizzardstorm can't go wrong with pinto beans and cornbread!!! I'm still trying to get a recipe down for pinto beans in my instant pot that tastes like my grandpa's.
  • @jurassicsarp yes! My husband is from the south and it's called "chili mac" there. They put a bunch of shredded cheese all over the top of it. He doesn't love it as much as I do, though  :D 
    *TW*

Me: 31 Him: 32

BFP #1 12/30/15 - CP

BFP #2 3/11/16 - DD born 11/16

TFAS since April 2018

• Chocolate chip cookies. My mom makes the best chocolate chip cookies ever! I loved helping her make them when I was little. She would let me eat raw cookie dough too!
  • I miss my grandmother's cooking, especially her holiday dishes.  She had given me the "recipes" for them, but they were more like general directions.  This Christmas though, I mastered her sugar cookies.  My aunt took one to my oldest cousin (he was insanely close to her, he visited her every day) apparently he cried when he ate it.
    She made the best homemade noodles, which I can't get quite right.  I need to get over my fear (disgust) of using  the giblets from the turkey....

• Grandma- Roast and mashed potatoes for Sunday dinner. Aebleskivers for breakfast (with strawberry freezer jam. Yum!) My mom would only make these on Christmas morning so it was a treat to have them when we visited. 

Mom- homemade rolls. Too many other dishes to count.