February 2019 Moms
Options

Relationship advice?

im 8 weeks with baby number two me and my bf have been together 5 months we broke up Monday (he apologized and i ended up taking him back like always) because he is just
really disrespectful every time we get into it he would say that either he hopes i have a miscarriage or to get an abortion he use to hit me then he stopped but he has lashed out again once since ive been prego i use to be happy abt the baby but now i just feel like this is signing me up for a life time of hurt and i want to just break up with him but im scared of what he might do or say he has already aired some of my dirty laundry on fb i told him i would give him one last chance but now i regret it amd i feel like im just ainxiously waiting for him to do one little thing so that i can end it. Im just not happy i have no self love right now

Re: Relationship advice?

• Options
    None of what he does is ok. I would start here to look for resources, https://www.thehotline.org/

Make sure to use a device he doesn't use to research things, or clear your browser history so he doesn't see you're seeking help.
  • Options
    Think about how hard it is for you to love yourself right now and how much you don't want to be in this situation or with this type of person. If you do stay together, your child has no choice in being around him, how he treats her, anything. So, do what is best for you and that baby. Airing dirty laundry on FB will just give you more rights, etc with custody or anything if you need it. Document everything and stay civil and above all his BS. Get shit in writing from him, whatever. Give yourself the upper hand and don't worry about his trash talk- it will only cause more issues for him.

TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh my heart breaks reading this. Pregnant women are hugely at risk for domestic violence. Echoing what others said - think about how he treats you and imagine him treating your child that way. I'm sure we have some lawyers here who know more specific resources you can tap into, and I know I'm not the only one who has left an abusive relationship. Tap into Team You - whether that's family or friends - and quietly come up with a plan to safely get away. In many states, you're entitled to use your sick time to access resources to escape a DV situation. Please know we're praying and rooting for you.
  • Options
    It sounds like you know something is terribly wrong and that you and your baby are not safe. Until he gets help, you shouldn't trust anything he says in regards to any apologies or promises to do better and not hurt you. This man literally said he wants your baby to die (e.g. "he hopes i have a miscarriage or to get an abortion"). It sounds like you're choosing to be a mother to this little human you're carrying, and as a mother it is your job to care for, nurture, and protect your baby and yourself. You are worth more than the the way this man treats you and the way he talks to you, and your baby deserves more than to have his/her safety compromised by being around a verbally, emotionally, and physically abusive individual. 

All this said, take the first step and get some help!

Call 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or live chat on www.thehotline.org

Me: 31
         DH: 34
    Married 11/09/2013

LO#1: LMP 09/14/2014  BFP 10/15/2014  EDD 06/24/2015  DS Born 06/14/2015
    LO#2: LMP 09/18/2016  BFP 10/19/2016  EDD 06/27/2017 DD Born 06/27/2017
    LO#3: LMP 05/16/2018  BFP 06/18/2018  EDD 02/20/2019

• Options
    The ladies above have given some great advice. Please take care of yourself, get some help and don't hesitate to reach out here for support and advice.

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• Options
    Nothing to add to the above but please take care of yourself.  <3
  • Options
    I agree with everyone else here. Get help from the hotline, family, friends so that you, and baby, can be safe. Always remember that you deserve kindness and respect.