July 2018 Moms

TW Tuesday 7/10

Re: TW Tuesday 7/10

• nimmlenimmle member
    Started selfishly. My boss got back from vacation this week and is totally stressing me out already. She's just adding more stuff to my plate and then on some items said "hold off for now". I'm sitting here thinking if I go into labor before you decide what to do here you better not hold it over my head!

Now I'm sitting here with a ridiculous headache and don't want to do a thing. I have my OB appointment this afternoon and I'm curious to see how this affects my blood pressure. With baby measuring big, maybe this is the perfect escape.

GAH!
  • TW was H this morning but he has apologized since then. I’ve been feeling like the only one who can’t sleep at night because of BFing and putting baby to sleep. He’s been extremely fussy once he wakes. H keeps giving me attitude about having to wake to change diapers which is usually only around feeding, once changed he goes back to bed. Today he asked to wait 30 more mins to change which pissed me off. I told him nvm I’d do it even though I had just gone back to bed 30 mins ago. I made the comment of how we are going back issues we had before with him not getting up to help at night. He got mad and threw a super low comment my way about how he does a lot during the day and does a lot more with DS1 than I do. I immediately started to cry because he knows i have major mom guilt about not being able to do things with DS1 due to CS recovery and having to Baby stuck on the boob most of the time. We eventually talked and he apologized but that hurt so bad.
  • Loading the player...
  • @nimmle yes - I love my boss and he hasn't been on my case but it's like he's in denial that i'm going out soon
    @wildtot why do they throw those low blows? so sorry he's getting you down

TW 1 is client - Currently the client is holding all the cards regarding how fast we move forward, but no matter how many times we explain this he doesn't get it and is asking how my team can go faster and when can we give him dates for activities....activities dependent upon his company's actions. The kicker is - we have 5000 servers left to do - including 3 of his he won't give us dates on... 

TW 2 is me/my body - my hip is officially FUBAR - could barely put weight on it when I went downstairs to heat up my lunch, then getting back into bed heard/felt a pop, huge pain spike that induced crying (which just made pain worse) and now i'm too scared to move.  Why can't I just produce normal collagen like a normal person - dang EDS! Looks like i'll be calling it an early day...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • nimmlenimmle member
    @wildtot Ugh, sorry DH is being a pain. My DH gets stressed over little things so I'm a bit worried how it will snowball when LO arrives and we have to figure out our rhythm.

@gingerbride26 I can't say I love my boss. She gets herself into these phases where she will stress herself out for no good reason and take it out on us. We agreed forever ago that we were not doing certain things or someone else was supposed to pick it up. It's not my fault that she decided to drop those items from the other person's plate 6 weeks ago and never told me she needed me to pick these things up until less than 3 weeks from my due date. That's on her. I look forward to job hunting on Maternity Leave. Labor can't come soon enough.
  • @nimmle oh no completely agree this sounds all her fault and I'd be wanting to get out ASAP too. They do say people either stay or leave because of their bosses. I've stayed for 5 years without a raise because I love my boss even though our parent company is complete crap.  I've seen people with amazing benefits/parent companies leave crap bosses too.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My TW is my cervix and all these pre-labor signs and the internet tricking me into thinking baby is coming everyday.

TW2: Also, I am getting more and more annoyed about not moving on in the interviews for the new position at work because of my part time schedule. I was told for months by my former boss/future boss that we could all make it work if I could come in 3 days a week. We talked at length about it many times, and he had me nearly convinced i would be hired for it no problem. He said he wanted me and that his boss wanted me...and yet, I am no longer a consideration because of my limited schedule. Because he was caught up in another search, he couldn't be a part of the search committee for this position (even tho he would be the supervisor) and it was left up to three people that I work with and help out all the time. Like, if something comes up, I am their first call to assist or take over a project and I always say yes. Yet...they couldn't see making it work hiring me for the position. I kind of wonder if they had consulted the boss before or after making the decision to drop me, and I definitely feel like if he were on the committee I would have an interview this week at least.

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • I have two.

Me- I've been a terrible bumpie since LO and I feel bad about it. I read often but havent responded, and I'm sorry.

Work- they still haven't posted my position for an LTS for the fall. Baby is here, and I work with a very specialized group of students so we need to be a bit picky. Wtf are they waiting for?!
    Met: 1/21/2005
    Married: 6/27/2008
    DS: 3/14/2010 Planned, PG first try
    M/C 6/2012
    DD: 4/22/2013 Planned, UnDx Infertility, PG on our own
    BFP: 10/28/2016 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE! 
    M/C 12/12/2016
    BFP: 10/27/2017 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE
    EDD: 7/2/2018

Babysizer Manly Pregnancy Tracker
  • Mine is a sales rep who took FOREVER to get pricing information to a customer despite constant nagging by me. The customer finally made a decision on the product he wants, but that means I have a huge project to complete before baby arrives. If I don't finish my boss can pick up the slack, but I feel bad because I like this customer, and am annoyed that the sales rep dragged the process out so much right before my leave. I have been working hard to prep for maternity leave and now I feel like I have this huge weight on my shoulders to worry about between now and the birth. arrrgggh
  • Hugs to all of you with last minute projects you are trying to finish before leave! It'll be here soon! 

I think my TW is DH and also me. he's been fabulous lately. But he's tired and is SO bad at sacking up and just doing what needs to be done. He's off today, and while I respect that he needs his down time so I am trying to give him space to just chill, it would be great if he took some more time with DS instead of being on the couch. I'm crawling around on the floor with him building trains and DH is sitting on the couch looking at computer specs and talking to his brother.

The TW is also me because I am annoyed with DH for not helping more when in reality, he helped a lot today and this is my every day reality, I can't expect him to take over every aspect of my life while I alternate between nesting and resting.
  • nimmlenimmle member
    New TW today. OB was running late to the office so now I’m finally in a room waiting for him an hour and 15 min after my
    original appointment time. Meh
  • TW is DD who came out of no where right as I opened the oven to check the chicken. She made a mad dash for it and I got a bad burn blocking her from it. 
  • @nimmle ugh that’s so annoying! They definitely deserve a TW vote 
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• @flockofmoosen3 I ditto that TW. Cervix and uterus for being so crampy but not contracting.

@wildtot I’m sorry but your H is def a TW. He needs to step it up for a bit until things balance out a bit again.

@gingerbride26 you win for saying FUBAR! I don’t think I’ve heard that since middle school!
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• gingerbride26gingerbride26 member
    edited July 2018
    @babybump1994 NOOOOO burns are the worst :-( did it blister? how bad? 
    @rachelsogo why thank you - I don't think we used FUBAR in middle school, picked it up working with military folks

Can I adjust/amend my TW to general women's health in the US!?  Hip pain spiked to 10 - so I call my PCP since baby is moving fine and it's not OB - what's the answer? uh uh uh call your OB, we don't know what to do with pregnant people....call the OB, nurse calls me back starting with "bethany...bethany...bethany..." nothing they can do for ortho issues and if baby is fine no rush to come in...  So here i sit on a frozen margaritta pouch, binging glee waiting for DH to get home with BK because I gotta pee again but don't feel confident getting there alone...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @gingerbride26 Sorry your hip is hurting so much and what a tease to be sitting on a margarita pouch! That has been my biggest craving all pregnancy so I cant imagine controlling myself If I were you! 

As for the burn,  it did blister but these cramps are distracting me from that pain!
  • @babybump1994 Thanks.  It's slightly better today - as in I can walk without screaming but every move hurts.  I had a mock margarita around cinqo de mayo - def doesn't have the same zing.  Lemon and Limeade have been getting me through...
    Pregnancy Ticker