October 2018 Moms

Product Spotlight: Diaper Bags

13»

Re: Product Spotlight: Diaper Bags

• Not sure if this should be a different thread but what do STM+ keep/put in the diaper bags?
    Diapers 
    Wipes 
    Butt cream 
    Change of clothes for kid
    Bottle/cup 
    Snacks for kid and you 
    Your wallet and keys 
    Pacifier 
    Toys 
    Changing pad 
    Small blanket? 
    What else am I missing? 
  • tlmilltlmill member
    edited July 2018
    Not sure if this should be a different thread but what do STM+ keep/put in the diaper bags?
    Diapers 
    Wipes 
    Butt cream 
    Change of clothes for kid
    Bottle/cup 
    Snacks for kid and you 
    Your wallet and keys 
    Pacifier 
    Toys 
    Changing pad 
    Small blanket? 
    What else am I missing? 
    When they’re little - diapers, wipes, change of clothes, extra shirt for mom (if BFing), nursing pads (if BFing), formula & bottle or two (if FFing), a couple of pacifiers, diaper rash cream, Tylenol/Motrin (once they’re old enough), snack (if they’re old enough to eat them), Band-Aids, and my stuff (wallet, keys, tampons). 

Once they’re older/potty trained - extra underwear, extra clothes, wipes, foldable potty seat, snacks, coloring book and crayons, iPad (if we’re going to be out for most of the day) Tylenol/Motrin, Band-Aids, and my stuff. 

We don’t use a changing pad. I also rarely have a blanket with us because 1. We live in Texas so we have like 3 weeks of cold weather each year, and 2. When I BF I didn’t use any kind of cover. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @SweetSweetTooth ^ what she said basically, but just emphasizing the change of shirt for yourself if you plan to BF. DS spit up a lot when he was little, so there were many times I was happy to have a spare shirt with me when we were out and about. 

I also always had my nursing cover with me in the bag, in addition to all the other stuff mentioned in the previous post. 
  • @mommy2ane I’m confident that it will be enough space for me and baby but if you have any packing tips for a first time mom, I’d love to hear.
  • So in addition to a diaper bag I strongly recommended one of these. We have two and keep one in each of our cars. They are super useful for once your kid gets a little
    bigger and you don’t need a full bag. I keep diapers, wipes and a change of clothes in one of these in each of my cars. It’s been exactly what I needed a few times when I just had to
    make a “quick stop” after daycare and didn’t have a diaper bag too. 

https://www.amazon.com/Boppy-Changing-Station-Pinwheel-Grey/dp/B00PVLNV8G
  • My new diaper bag came last night! I ended up getting the jujube vector (https://shop.ju-ju-be.com/vector-carbon/), and it seems great so far. Plenty of room with different pockets for organization, but doesn’t seem too huge, which was my initial concern. Definitely not the most feminine bag, but apparently it is from their new line of “dad-friendly bags” :wink:  Guess I just don’t really have a feminine style haha. 
  • So I was given a JJ Cole Satchel Diaper Bag but since it’s secondhand it doesnt have the shoulder strap, changing pad, or stroller grips. 
    But to replace these items it would basically cost me a new diaper bag in the end anyway. 
    But now I’m looking at a whole bunch of diaper bags and cannot make up my mind! I’ve narrowed it down to hear 2. 

How did ya’ll settle?! Lol I’m going crazy!
    I wouldn’t have to worry about my oldest having to pack her things. 

JJ Cole Satchel 
    JJ Cole backpack 
           15h x 15w x 5d
            Found this one for less than the website
    https://jjcolecollections.com/backpack
  • @alexa_94
    I personally like the backpack. I never used stroller straps and I have a travel changing pad I use, its bigger than those that come with the bags and it holds diapers and wipes so I dont have to find them in the bag. 

DS 12/15/13

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @alexa_94 go backpack! I had a messenger bag last time and I’m switching to a backpack this time.
  • +1 for switching to back pack style this time especially since DS still isn’t potty trained and needs five snacks on hand at all times!
  • Thanks ladies :)
    I’ve decided the backpack is the way to go. I remember with DD1 how the crossbody style was annoying. My husband just says to get whater (He isn’t much help with input).