November 2018 Moms
Options

Plus-Size Mom Check-In (6/27)

A place for plus-size moms to talk about anything and everything!  You can use the template below, or just free-post if you'd like. 

What is your estimated due date and how far along are you?

How are you feeling? What are your symptoms? Any anxiety?

How are you doing with activity and nutrition?

What are your questions, comments, and/or concerns?

(My apologies for posting this late this week!  I was in meetings all day yesterday. )
      Nov. '18 September Siggy Challenge: Falling into Fall

Re: Plus-Size Mom Check-In (6/27)

• Options
    Weight gain anybody? I lost 10 lbs from feeling so awful first trimester and I just gained 2 of those back this week.  I'd love to gain NOTHING, or at the most, just those 10 back. But I am panicking bc this is where I started gaining a ton last time.  Gained 20lbs/month from months 5-9!! I am weighing myself every day now hoping to keep myself aware of it but I have been starting to get so hungry! 
  • Options
    @Eveinshock I weigh myself every day or every other day. I've been within the same 2 lb range for the last 3 weeks. I'd love to keep that up until 3rd trimester...but we do have a vacation in 2 weeks :expressionless: I'm up 12lbs total from morning of bfp and I definitely want to stay under 25lbs gained. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Re: weight gain.  I haven't checked recently.  I think it's a blessing in disguise that our scale broke a few months back and we never replaced it because I'd be checking every AM otherwise.  1st trimester I definitely lost some weight from all the MS.  I feel like I'm probably starting to gain some of it back, but obviously don't know for sure.  I'm not constantly hungry or anything and most of my meals are smaller than previously, but I dunno.  I'm still eating about the same as I did pre-baby (just spaced out more) and I'm trying to make better choices in the food options.  I'm trying to take the "listen to your body" approach and not worry about the #'s.  <---spoken like a true FTM that likely doesn't know any better so apologies if it comes across wrong :joy: 

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    --------------------------------
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• Options
    I talked to my OB today and mentioned my goal was under 25lbs and she said that was good, 20 would be better, but 25 was okay lol. I'm worried about 3rd trimester (as I'm hoping to actually go through it this time), because I don't know what to expect weight gain wise.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    linz36linz36 member
    No weight gain yet. I lost 15lbs during first trimester and am still 7lbs under my prepreg weight. My OB said to gain no more than 10lbs (even though I have twins) and my MFM said no weight gain at all. The thing is...I don’t know if they mean from my starting weight or from my lowest pregnancy weight. I’m trying to weigh myself twice a week to keep an eye on it...but being constipated just makes me worry even more (I swear I can hold on to an extra 3lbs).

Two Furbabies: Mika (american eskimo) and Gypsy (wire-haired terrier, dachshund mix)

Twins: Kaiden and Zara born 10/2018 conceived after 6 years of infertility via a medicated IUI

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker
  • Options
    linz36 said:
    No weight gain yet. I lost 15lbs during first trimester and am still 7lbs under my prepreg weight. My OB said to gain no more than 10lbs (even though I have twins) and my MFM said no weight gain at all. The thing is...I don’t know if they mean from my starting weight or from my lowest pregnancy weight. 
    Last pregnancy my starting weight was 35 lbs less than this one and I was still told NO weight gain even back then.  Of course I went on to gain 80 lbs!  This one they didn't say anything (prob figured I was a lost cause after last time).  I am 23+ weeks and I am also about 7 lbs down from prepregnancy weight. I am also still breastfeeding a little so that might help a tad. I am sure if go into delivery at my start weight everyone will be ecstatic. 

I will say this....last time my endocrinologist was messing with my thyroid meds constantly. Every few weeks she was lowering stuff, adding different stuff, never could get the numbers "just right."  I realized she really screwed me over a few months after my son was born when the pharmacist told me she had cut my overall dosing drastically, by like half of what I took prepregnancy. I was livid.  No wonder I felt like crap, couldn't stop gaining weight, and suffered immensly post partum (physically and mentally). This time, I will confess, I am self medicating. I am taking what I've been taking the last 10 years, plus additional T4 bc the baby needs more of that.