November 2018 Moms

Re: FFFC

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @highsteaks omg! I'm chuckling a little bit simply because I know if it were me I would have been panicing like a chicken with it's head cut off. Glad all was alright in the end! Maybe they should put a sign up saying to split the bagel before toasting you can't be the first person to ever do that :)

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• Options
    @lurvleybunchococonuts re: the last sentence—that’s exactly what the worker said! 

also, i totally had the same exact thoughts when we found out dd1 was a girl. now, i LOVE that we have a girl (and two more on the way). i’m sure you’ll be a great role model.
  • Options
    @lurvleybunchococonuts I'm not a ftm and I'm still terrified of having a girl! I cried when I found out, saying to DH "I'm okay, it's just that she's going to hate me" lol I didn't have the best relationship with my mom growing up, and with teaching middle school, I'm terrified of having a teenage girl :worried: 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @lurvleybunchococonuts I feel the same way with my two girls and now another girl on the way...You're not alone in this <3 Hugs.  You'll both be fine. You'll see :)
    Siggy Challenge - Summer Movie Scenes

• Options
    Dunno if this is really a "confession" but, we found out yesterday we're expecting a baby girl and I'm freaking out in my head! I was not at all this scared when I was thinking baby was a boy. I already have a SD who is great so it's odd that I'm feeling so uneasy about it. Obviously all kids are unique and to say "boys are easy than girls" or whatever isn't true. I'm just not always good with other women, I have female friends but I'm not like BFFs with any of them. Nor am I a very girly girl.  Also I know how many self image/self esteem issues I had growing up and I don't want LO to go through the same things. Granted both parents are important but I'm going to be her primary role model in how to become a woman one day and I'm terrified I'ma eff that up royally.  

TL;DR ftm worries are starting to set in lol
    I was terrified to have a girl for many of the same reasons as you. My daughter is only 4 (almost 5) and we both teach other everyday but I’m so thankful for her. I am terrified of the teen years with her though, not gonna lie. 
  • Options
    I'm so glad I'm alone in feeling like this! +1 for hoping to not raise an asshole. I know we'll be fine. Just man... It's scary! 

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• Options
    @offtoneverland your comment gave me the warm fuzzies too <3 

@runningyogimama *hugs* it's okay to feel the feelings!

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• Options
    @runningyogimama Not sure if it helps, but I would have felt the same way if we were having a boy this time around. I grew up with just a sister and I love girly things, so the idea of having a boy scared me a lot. And I just don't like boy clothes as much as those adorable girl clothes! So I don't judge you for those feelings one bit. 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • Options
    @offtoneverland I have a brother, and I grew up always wanting a sister, so I LOVE that my girls have that, and even more so, since they’re almost Irish twins so have always had each other, and I think a third girl would have been cool. I hope this one doesn’t feel left out since he’s a boy AND so much younger. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @lifesabeach85 Yeeeeesss to this. So much getting up and down. We still eat together as a family every night but a lot of nights that looks like her pouting and saying “I don’t want!” and me saying “Okay well you know where to find it when you’re hungry.” and continuing with my meal. Not sure if that’s a better approach to forcing her to sit and eat but it’s all I can muster at the end of the day.