2nd Trimester

Bleeding at 19 weeks?

I am 19 weeks this week and the past day or so I’ve been having some lower back pain. This is my third pregnancy (others all went perfectly) so I figured the pain was normal and it may be. I’m not sure if it is related at all. Today I had intercourse with my husband and during the end I noticed I was cramping. I then got up to use the restroom and when I wiped I had some spots of red blood. I then had some period like cramps for a few minutes. I laid down and they subsided and I haven’t bled any in the last 12 or so hours. Unfortunately it is a Sunday so I couldn’t call my OB and I wasn’t going to make a trip to the ER if it was unessecary. I’m going to be calling my doctor first thing tomorrow but I’m so nervous I will be put on bed rest or something to that effect and I’m only 19 weeks. Has anyone had similar experiences? 

Re: Bleeding at 19 weeks?

• I am 19 weeks this week and the past day or so I’ve been having some lower back pain. This is my third pregnancy (others all went perfectly) so I figured the pain was normal and it may be. I’m not sure if it is related at all. Today I had intercourse with my husband and during the end I noticed I was cramping. I then got up to use the restroom and when I wiped I had some spots of red blood. I then had some period like cramps for a few minutes. I laid down and they subsided and I haven’t bled any in the last 12 or so hours. Unfortunately it is a Sunday so I couldn’t call my OB and I wasn’t going to make a trip to the ER if it was unessecary. I’m going to be calling my doctor first thing tomorrow but I’m so nervous I will be put on bed rest or something to that effect and I’m only 19 weeks. Has anyone had similar experiences? 
    The leading is correlated to sex. Everything is a bit more "tender" in the cervix area and sex irritated it and you bleed a bit. It's not uncommon during pregnancy.  If you orgasmed, the cramping could be related to that also.  Unless you are having issues, still, on Monday or things get worse, I honestly wouldn't worry about it.  If it makes you feel better you can call the nurses line and ask what they think. 
  • Agree with PP, bleeding after sex can 100% be normal. If it's heavy enough to need a pad or panty liner, or spotting continues more than 3 days (per what my OB told me) then call your doctor. 
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18