Chit Chat

The Handmaid's Tale Season 2

Okay who watched episode 9 last night?  :open_mouth:
People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
IVF
IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
Back on Levothyroxine
FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
1st Beta on 7dpt 93
2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

Re: The Handmaid's Tale Season 2

• I did! I'm scared for next week and what June's "surprise" is.

Also very happy Nick got those letters to Luke and that he updated June
  • Uh I don't even know what episode # I'm on but man is it getting good. I don't think I'm up to 9 yet. I am just about finished the episode called Womans Work (and Serna just got the belt :s ). I'm gonna have to get caught up this weekend (DH can watch something else and I'll use my laptop).
  • Loading the player...
  • @galactickates What do you mean her surprise? Do you mean about the narration at the end where she says, "F that!"?? Omg we were so happy when she said that. My husband watches it with me. We were so pissed off when she got captured again. I feel so bad for Nick because he loves her. My husband thinks that Luke is going to get her out of there, but it seems like Moira would fare much better at the task. 

@prpl11butterfly Hurry up lady!!!!! Oh wait, if she just got the belt, then I think you are only one or two episodes behind. Has your husband tried to watch just one episode?
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI

• Fred says that to June in the preview for next week 
  • I didn't see the promo. Well, we know it's going to be something really Fd up or it will be something like he is gonna send her to Canada after the baby is born, which is still Fd up, but then she'll get to be in Canada. Who knows though. This show seriously shocks the crap out of me every week! 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• All caught up! Oh man! I just love Nick. He really cares for June. It must have been so hard to say it was Fred's baby. Though I also don't think Luke would have taken it well if he'd admitted. 

I need Serena to turn. I think I see decency and regret in her enough that she might do it.

DH watched the last half of that episode. I think he would enjoy it if he watched the whole thing (or even read the book.....he doesn't read for enjoyment). But right now he's just too confused by how they got to this point.
  • Maybe it's messed up to say this but Serena Joy is my favorite character so far. Yvonne Strahovski deserves major awards for her portrayal. You can see how hard she's trying to stay loyal to Gilead but she hates it so, so much, almost as much as June hates it. The part where she had to say she enjoyed knitting when she was on her cultural tour (after just confessing to June how much she detested it during Women's Work) and then the look on her face when she got her "itinerary" without printed words... wow.

I'm on pins and needles to see what happens next. I really hope Serena joins the resistance! I love seeing reformed villains!
  • @wishiwaspreggo - I hate Serena Joy,  I feel bad for her sometimes like when her husband beat her and she was crying in her bedroom.  I also wanted her to take Brian Greenberg's help.  I was screaming at the TV. I also think Yvonne is doing an awesome job of playing someone so hated. I want so badly for her to help June escape.  I know it's in her.  It was her idea to have June and Nick together.  She hated those ceremonies too. Not as much as June obviously, but she didn't have a lot of joy on her face either.  
  • Anyone caught up? 
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    DS:  March 2014
    DD: May 2015
    BFP: 12/24/17 CP: 1/2/18 @ 4w 3d
    BFP: 1/26/18 CP: 2/2/18 @ 4w 4d
    BFP: 5/16/18 MMC: 6/15/18 @ 7w 5d
    BFP: 9/25/18! EDD: 6/9/19 TEAM GREEN  <3 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • suzycupcakesuzycupcake member
    edited June 2018
    @eleven_ yes! @galactickates are you? I don't want to spoil. I hope she helps her escape too, but it would be even better if it were the other way around. 

@wishiwaspreggo Yes her face. My husband and I said the same about that moment. They are all great actors but I really think that June takes the cake. 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• No  :s i'm going to watch when I get home. I've read spoilers but I haven't seen it
  • Half way through. I was planning to finish the other half on lunch but have to attend a funeral. Will watch on my laptop tonight though! 
  • This past episode was paaaaaaaaaaaaainful :'( and the cliffhanger is killing me. I don't know what I'm gonna do when season 2 is over and we have to wait an eternity for season 3! I'm still anxious about watching Stranger Things again but I heard it won't be released until 2019 because they want the kids to be older in the show. Bah.
  • Don't get me started on this last episode.  Seriously.  It pisses me off so much that nick didn't just keep driving.  It was just the two of them! He doesn't love his wife.  June is about to have a baby.  Why wasn't she spending the car ride asking nick to keep driving to Canada. Fred gave them 3 hours!!!!! That's a 3 hour head start! Wtf were they thinking??? It just infuriates me.  If I were June I'd be spending every waking moment thinking of a way to escape.  
  • He could've easily taken out that one guy that was guarding the martha and hannah, and drove the two of them to canada. He has a gun, why didn't he shoot the men walking to take him? 

The moment with her daughter was epic acting. It was so emotional and captivating. I almost started crying myself.

I think I would spend every waking moment doing that. She seemed to have and then it stopped, and then picked back up again. I think the story truly illustrates what it's like to be in a deeply abusive and traumatic situation. But they can't give us what we want or they could't carry it on into another season. Boooooo! 

It was really difficult to watch any of the rape scenes, but especially this episode. How disgusting. 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• Last episode made me cry, a lot. The scenes with the wolf was really beautiful. I thought for sure June was going to put a bullet in Fred's head so she and Serena could escape together. I really don't understand why the car was not going through the garage door! Awwww the baby, but won't someone see the smoke coming out of the chimney???? I think the best scene in the entire episode was when she fired into the air, a mother's sacrifice for her child. That made me tear up even more. 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• Just finished! I want to strangle Nick. Where the h... is he?! I also had hoped she would take care of Fred and run away with Serena. It was a very emotional episode!
  • @prpl11butterfly Agree about wanting to strangle Nick! Why didn't he drive her away while he had the chance? 
    TW

• @prpl11butterfly Did you see Wednesday’s episode? Talk about a flash forward with no explanation! I wonder if she and Nick have devised a plan we don’t know about yet. 

I wont spoil until I know you’ve seen it. 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• I don't remember any flash forwards.  
    edited July 2018
    @galactickates It went straight from her having the baby on her own in ep11 to her being back with aunt lydia in ep12. When ep12 opened, my husband and I thought she was dreaming. Maybe it was supposed to be implied that would happen because she fired the shot gun that night in ep11?

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• @suzycupcake was that just a preview for next episode? I don't remember it for some reason

Hope you guys don't mind me jumping in! I was on TTGP with a lot of you and followed y'all over to Chit Chat but it's been pretty quiet around here so I haven't been super active. 
  • @suzycupcake I'm almost done the episode. I'm at the part where Emily is sitting and talking to her new Commander after the wife's outburst, hopefully finish tonight. But yea, I wish there was more in there. 

I was shocked by the Eden deal, she seemed so devout. Wondering how that is going to play out....
  • @kristah2 No I'm talking about what went on in the episodes to explain why I thought there was some kind of a flash forward in the story line between ep11 and 12. 

@prpl11butterfly omg the dynamic between her and the new commander had me on the edge of my seat. I'm trying to figure out what the writers have up their sleeves! Eden eden eden, oh yea! Ikr? I'm curious as to why nick got up and walked out when june sat next to him to put her hand on him. My husband thinks he must know that june encouraged her to go for it, but I know that cannot be true since there was no communication about it and june could not have possibly known. 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• I don’t get how Nick is just totally fine.   Wasn’t he shot??
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • I think in Canada the episodes are one behind! So I should see episode 12 on Monday! 
  • @coco2787 I think it was one of the guys who approached them at the house that was shot (not sure if it was from Nick or the "partner"). I'm still trying to work that whole situation out because why didn't he go back for June?
  • @suzycupcake I thought you meant a flash forward in the episode somewhere not a time jump. That makes sense now that I read your other response.

That was annoying that we didn't get to actually see what happened with Nick 
  • @prpl11butterfly I don't recall any weapons being drawn when they took him. I think he just went willingly which is what pissed me off. 

@galactickates I'm assuming they are going to show us at some point what actually happened. It would make more sense not to if it was reality tv because it's common to sometimes miss things out in the field with production but with scripted, that would be highly unusual. I think I remember fred saying something about nick being some kind of a hero for the whole fiasco but that could just be their way of not outwardly blaming their house servants like how they did that with june when she first escaped, saying she was 'kidnapped'. 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• @suzycupcake a shot was fired. I had to google it because I started second guessing if he was shot. The thing I read said that he was able to hit the gun away as to not be shot but didn't put up much of a fight after that and was thrown into the truck. They will come back to it, they have to. It must be something major because June seems to have "forgiven" him and I do believe Fred was commendating him for something.
    edited July 2018
    @prpl11butterfly thanks for doing what I was too lazy to :D I still wanna know why his ass wasn’t carrying a gun or if he was, why he didn’t use it and get June the f out of there. Who knows if she would’ve been able to after seeing her daughter for the first time in years. 

She seems to be goinf back to playing fred. Idk if I can take another scrabble game between those two 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• It was my understanding that Nick was "arrested" when they were at the house. I saw the gun fire but it just hit the ground. Then Nick was shoved into the car. I think he could of had a gun on him but didn't have time to get it out. In the latest episode Fred explained the situation as being a misunderstanding. That they were just out for a drive when the other guards found him and thought he was doing something suspicious. I don't think we'll get any more of an explanation than that.

@suzycupcake I think it makes sense that Nick got up when June put her hand on him. I think he blames himself and partially June for what happened to Eden. If he wasn't in love with June then maybe he could of loved Eden and she wouldn't of ran off with the other guard. Idk, just my interpretation.

I'm still mad that Nick hasn't helped her escape! Like come on dude! If Moira got out by herself then it can't be that hard!

I'm also scared of Emily's new commander. At first I couldn't tell if he was going to be a good guy or bad guy. But the more we see of him the more I think he's a really bad guy.

Next episode is the season finally right? Omg I can't wait!
    *TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• @LJMoon6 I think you're probably right. I still wish it would've been explained a bit and it still hasn't been explained as to the reason for the time jump between ep11 and ep12. Ah well.... *sings* Let it go, let it go!

Gies, look https://envelope.latimes.com/awards/titles/handmaids-tale/ 

I hate that last night was season finale. My husband said if june gets caught or stays back one more time, he is going to boycott the show, but I know he will watch it again when the new season comes out. He has been saying that since the beginning :D He was yelling at the tv when he realized she was giving emily the baby. I was like will you please shut up?! You are ruining the greatest moment of a mother's love! 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• @suzycupcake - When I was thinking about it, if I were in June's situation, I would stay in Gilead until I could get my firstborn daughter out, too. Could you imagine the guilt you'd feel if you had one baby (especially a girl) trapped in such a horrible situation while you escaped with your other child? Could you really live happily in Canada if you knew your daughter was going to be a teen bride, unable to have free thought or live a fulfilling life, and live under constant threat of being sent to the Colonies?

That and if June did escape, there'd be no season 3 lol... I'm really curious to see what happens next! I was totally blindsided by where June ended up after she got in the van at the start of season 2. The writers do a good job of keeping the surprises exciting.
  • I didn't know this week's episode was the season finale  :'( 

@wishiwaspreggo I would stay in Gilead too. I could never leave one of my kids behind. It would haunt me forever. 
    TW

• I'm not sure what I'd do. I'd like to think if I got out and got one baby to safety, then I could devise a plan with my husband and my best friend to go back in and get my other child out of there and possibly bring the whole damn thing down! I'd go in there Khaleesi style and demand that they kneel muahahahahahaha! 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• So mad that it was the finale. I feel like it just came back on!

I fully get June staying. Baby will be in such good hands with Emily. I also kind of love that she told her to call her Nichole.

I'm really dying to see her and Serena tear Gilead TF down.
  • @suzycupcake See, I was annoyed with June for firing the gun so soon when she was stranded at that vacation home. There was plenty of canned food in the pantry and if she breastfed she could've easily kept the baby alive for a few weeks and waited until the garage door wasn't frozen over.

But then that would leave Hannah behind too... I just don't know what she could do from Canada. Moira and Luke were both trying to get the Canadian government to do something but they don't seem keen to take any action.

@prpl11butterfly - I'd be so excited to see Serena join the resistance. But I don't know if she's quite there yet. I think she's still pretty deep in denial but it's a really good sign that she let Nicole go with June.
    edited July 2018
    @wishiwaspreggo I wondered at the time if she did it because she started bleeding heavily? I thought that maybe because she had that bleeding scare prior and passed out right before nick found her. I agree. I have more hope for moira than I do for luke in that respect. :D 

@prpl11butterfly omg me too! Right after june had a finger removed, I thought to myself, she should've taken matchbook guy up on his offer! I was furious when a bunch of the wives turned and walked away when they were standing in front of the 'government'. 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• @suzycupcake yes! They should have stayed. 

@wishiwaspreggo I don't think she's there yet either but I also don't think it will take much more to push her.