Pregnant after 35

Post Your NIPT Results Here!

Hi all! I had the Panorama blood draw done about a week ago and I am extremely nervous about my results. I am 43 and a first time mom, with age being my only risk factor for abnormalities. I would love to hear from you 40 + moms that had the test done and what your results were! This has been the longest week of my life waiting for the phone to ring

Re: Post Your NIPT Results Here!

• I'm 36 and going to be 37 when i deliver (estimated due date Jan 2019)...but as you mentioned, age is my only risk factor.  The NT (fluid behind neck) was measuring 2.14mm...which is on the high end of normal but paired with my age gave me a 1 in 75 chance of baby having Downs....however i did the Materniti21 along with the 1st trimester screening blood test which showed all normal levels and lowered the risk of the baby havings Downs to 1 in 10,000.

I am a bit scared bc of the high fluid in the neck but according to blood drawn...looks like I'm still low-risk...the geneticist wasn't concerned at all...
  • I think your results sound really good! Isn't anything below 3 on the NT scan normal? My doctor discouraged me from even having the NT scan due to the inaccuracy of the test. Pregnancy is so full of worry!
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks!  I'm trying to tell myself that and ignore the 1 in 75.  I think the NT is normal under 3 but 2 is pushing it.  Pregnancy is really full of worry...i rather just have the baby already LOL!  This is my 2nd pregnancy but I'm still nervous about what i eat, etc...seems like a new thing we can't do every day!

Good luck and best wishes on your Pregnancy!!
  • I know! I'm constantly googling, can I do this, can I do that? What did women do before the internet? Lol!!! Good luck and wishing you a happy and healthy nine months!
  • I’m 38 and all results low risk and having another boy :)
  • How long does it take to get your test results? I got for my test next week I’m so nervous.