Working Moms
Options

California FTM trying to figure out maternity leave: Full-time job plus freelance on side

Hey mommas!

I'm planning on taking 6 weeks of disability followed by 6 weeks of PFL after giving birth in September. My question is ... I also do freelance graphic design on the side for a few companies, and I read something online that mentioned if you continue to do freelance work, you will have some sort of deduction from what you're getting from the state. In other words, you get penalized for continuing your freelance work while on disability or while getting PFL. Does anyone know from experience if this is true? I've looked around a bit online and can't seem to find any super definitive answer. If doing some light freelance work while at home with baby recovering from childbirth is going to cause me more trouble than it's worth, I'm probably going to go on hiatus from my freelancing as well while on leave from my full-time job.

TIA! <3

Re: California FTM trying to figure out maternity leave: Full-time job plus freelance on side

• Options
    If you call the office where you’ll be submitting the paperwork, they can help you. They were very helpful when I had some strange circumstances with my PFL.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::