1st Trimester

Pregnant after Vasectomy

hey girls! So my husband had a vasectomy back in the Spring. We had unprotected sex and I believe I’m pregnant! This would be our 4th. I’m so scared to tell him and anyone else. I have taken a ton of text and am getting the faint positive line. Period is due soon. Super stressed and not sure what he’s going to say :(

Re: Pregnant after Vasectomy

• hey girls! So my husband had a vasectomy back in the Spring. We had unprotected sex and I believe I’m pregnant! This would be our 4th. I’m so scared to tell him and anyone else. I have taken a ton of text and am getting the faint positive line. Period is due soon. Super stressed and not sure what he’s going to say :(
    Did he get a SA to make sure that his vasectomy worked? Sometimes they are not effective. Sounds like you already got a positive, but keep testing.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • delujm0delujm0 member
    edited June 2018
    hey girls! So my husband had a vasectomy back in the Spring. We had unprotected sex and I believe I’m pregnant! This would be our 4th. I’m so scared to tell him and anyone else. I have taken a ton of text and am getting the faint positive line. Period is due soon. Super stressed and not sure what he’s going to say :(
    Agree with prior poster...DH is researching vasectomies now (I'm pregnant with #3) and everything we've seen says to not assume it worked until you've been back for follow up testing about 3 months later.  You're supposed to use condoms until it is confirmed that the procedure was effective.
  • Loading the player...
  • It must have been a chemical pregnancy. I got 4 positive faint lines and then got all negatives for past 2 days :( part of me was starting to get excited 
  • samanthaw628samanthaw628 member
    edited June 2018
    I got another faint positive line. But this one came hours after it showed negative 
    **Image Removed by Admin**
  • Sounds like you need to talk to your H of what you really want regarding having more children. Also posting a pictures of your test is against the rules. I’d suggest removing it. Like PP said take a pink dye instead, blues are notorious for false results. 
  • Did you get a period? If you are getting lines hours after taking the test they are likely evap lines. Unless you have a positive pregnancy test within the time limit you do not have a bfp. Don't borrow trouble by thinking you had a loss. And I agree with PP's that you should get YH's semen testing done ASAP and remove the image of the test you peed on because it's against the rules.
  • Still no period :( 
  • Have you taken any more tests?
  • I got another faint positive outside the window time again :( I took another test and negative but still no period 
  • A positive outside the time window does not count as a positive. Maybe you are having a late ovulation or anovulatory cycle. Without tracking your cycle there's no way to know, but it seems like a positive pregnancy test would be happening WITHIN the time limit by now if you were truly pregnant. Generally the recommendation is that if you go 60 days without a real positive test or your period, call your OB.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • I got another faint positive outside the window time again :( I took another test and negative but still no period 
    No, you did NOT get a faint positive. The test instructions quite clearly state that the test is not accurate if viewed outside the time window. It is NOT a positive no matter what the lines look like if you are reading the test wrong.

Do you also temp the meat when you're cooking, read the thermometer, see that the brisket has reached 165*, read the thermometer again a couple minutes later after it's sat on the counter and the probe has cooled to 120*, and then put the brisket back in the oven because of course it's not done because the thermometer reads 120*?