Trying to Get Pregnant

TFAS w/o 7/2

**This is a check-in for those with babies/children at home. Please be mindful that the discussion of living children in the WTO/TWW threads is prohibited unless extremely pertinent to your current cycle.** 
**If you are having a hard day re TTC or TTCAL, please note that this thread will discuss living children and/or issues specifically dealing with parenting and/or babies. Pregnancy may also be mentioned. Please lurk at your own discretion.**

What number are you trying for? 

Cycle/Month?

WTO/TWW? 

Ages of other child(ren)? 

Any thoughts about this cycle? 

Any questions? 

Rant/Rave/Brag:

GTKY: What was the very first thing that made you think you were pregnant? 

Re: TFAS w/o 7/2

• What number are you trying for? 2

Cycle/Month? 4

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 2

Any thoughts about this cycle? Blah.

Any questions? Nope

Rant/Rave/Brag: Tomorrow is a holiday so I get to relax.

GTKY: What was the very first thing that made you think you were pregnant? I had been expecting my period all day and never had any feeling like it was actually coming.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::

Cycle/Month? 6/6

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child 2

Any thoughts about this cycle? Meh

Any questions? 

Rant/Rave/Brag: avoiding cleaning house but it has to be done for the BBQ tonight. 

GTKY: I was getting extremely dizzy pulling weeds followed by feeling like I couldn’t even lift my arms for my workout and really sore boobs. The sore boobs came back to bite me becuase I get them all the time now and obviously it means nothing. 
  • Loading the player...
  • What number are you trying for? 2nd (3rd counting niece)

Cycle/Month? *sigh* 12/9

WTO/TWW? WFAF to go full blown.

Ages of other child(ren)? DS is almost 3n niece is 9

Any thoughts about this cycle? I have too many thoughts heading into this cycle. Too many "this cycle would be great because....." thoughts.

Any questions? Nah

Rant/Rave/Brag: DS still doesnt STTN in his own bed. Getting better though. This morning he was in bed with us and I was awake after temping. He rolled over, put his little arm around my neck, and pulled my forehead to his. I just about melted.

GTKY: What was the very first thing that made you think you were pregnant? My boobs had never ever hurt prior to AF. One day I was at work and just popped down a set of stairs and they were killing. I found that to be super odd and began to suspect.
  • What number are you trying for? 2

Cycle/Month? 2/2

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 13 months

Any thoughts about this cycle? Optimistically cautious!

Any questions? 

Rant/Rave/Brag: DS has started running. It's equal parts adorable (tiny person moving quick!) and terrifying (tiny person moving quick!).  Now he covers twice the distance in half the time. On top of that he now refuses to hold my hand unless he needs help going down a step. He is Mr. Independent.

GTKY: What was the very first thing that made you think you were pregnant? I started getting heartburn (which never happens for me) and I felt really bloated. I literally had to go up a notch on my belt. 

Cycle/Month? 3/3

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 13 months

Any thoughts about this cycle? I'm cautiously hopeful that we'll hit FW this cycle with all we've got. Whether or not that does the trick, we'll have to wait and see. Our plan is to do the SMEP and I'll be really disappointed if that doesn't a) pan out because H to too tired or some other excuse and b) lead to a successful cycle.

Any questions? Do you find that pregnancy symptoms are the same with each pregnancy or are they different? I'm wondering if I should expect the same symptoms I had with DS before I took a HPT when I get KU again.

Rant/Rave/Brag: DS woke up 3 times last night and wouldn't go abck to sleep until I nursed him each time. I'm exhausted today.

GTKY: What was the very first thing that made you think you were pregnant? My boobs were so sore. So much to the point that I almost called my mom crying because I'd never experienced anything like that before and I didn't know what was going on. 
  • @luckywife10 I don't know from experience, but I've heard it both ways; some people who knew they were KU because of their symptoms and others whose experiences were insanely different. So it's really a toss up, but that doesn't keep me from being on the look out for the same symptoms.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • marebear15marebear15 member
    edited July 2018
    @prpl11butterfly Aww, your son sounds super sweet. 
    @lilly91613 DD is so quick crawling, I'm afraid of when she will be running!

What number are you trying for? 2

Cycle/Month? 2/2

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 9 months

Any thoughts about this cycle? I'd be very surprised if we got pregnant this soon after starting to try. DD took us 8 months and I'm expecting that again. However, I always have a bit of hope, and my temps are still looking good.

Any questions? 

Rant/Rave/Brag: DD is starting to eat a ton! I'm hoping to cut down to 5 feedings soon and stretch out the time between meals. Right now she's eating every 2.5 hours. 

GTKY: What was the very first thing that made you think you were pregnant? Two little lines. I POAS at 10 dpo and had absolutely no symptoms. I even told DH that I felt this wasn't the month.

Cycle/Month? 2/2

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? Almost 2

Any thoughts about this cycle? I’m hopefuL. Our timing was pretty poor last month due to me traveling so we should have great timing this cycle. 

Any questions? None at the moment 

Rant/Rave/Brag: I took my DD to a new story time library this morning and it was awful. They expected the kids to sit  on their carpets for the entire 30 minutes and an assistant would usher them back if they got off of it. We won’t be going back and it’s a bummer. But, I’m excited to spend some time with family tomorrow for the 4th! 

GTKY: What was the very first thing that made you think you were pregnant? I tested a couple days before AF was due but I didn’t have any symptoms. Just hopeful! Around the time AF was due though I got very bloated. I remember walking around the airport with a huge sweatshirt over my unbutton pants.  
  • @luckywife10 my experiences were different. With DS, I had nothing going on other then the sore boobs. And in actuality, I may have already been late when I noticed it. TW, loss...

With my most recent pregnancy (which was a MMC), I thought for sure I was out and AF was coming because I was cramping as usual. Then one day I grabbed a latte on my way to work and had serious heartburn from it. Odd but okay. The following Tue AF was due and I woke with a stellar migraine and took my meds because, clearly she was on her way. She never showed and the heartburn continued. I got another migraine that Fri and tested so I could know weather or not to take my meds. The answer was not.

Cycle/Month? 7/6

WTO/TWW? Wto (probably tomorrow ) 

Ages of other child(ren)? 5.5

Any thoughts about this cycle? Hopeful

Any questions? None

Rant/Rave/Brag: dd has this irrational fear of drowning when in any type of water and on shampoo days. I have no idea where it started but I get so frustrated when I have to shampoo. We tried swim lessons but those didn't seem to help bc she still refused to put her head in the water. 

GTKY: What was the very first thing that made you think you were pregnant? No symptoms. I was at baby shower at an old job and someone jokingly suggested that people in the department I was working in end up pregnant and they said that I was next. Which then had me thinking about when my last period was. Had a positive that night. 
  • @luckywife10 I don't know about the super-duper early symptoms (before AF), but my sister's second pregnancy was totally different from her first. She told me the MS period hit her much earlier with her second.

Does anyone have a "weird" pregnancy symptom that they had? Early on (like 6 weeks) I had terrible tailbone pain. It went away after I was maybe 9 weeks or so. 

Cycle/Month? 9/8

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 18 months

Any thoughts about this cycle? Well, since I ovulated super early at CD9, my hopes aren’t very high.  Trying to keep busy and not think about it.

Any questions? Nope.

Rant/Rave/Brag: Rave: We sent our son to daycare today and got so much yardwork done!!

GTKY: What was the very first thing that made you think you were pregnant?  I remember watching TV with my H on 10 DPO and my nips seriously felt like they were on fire. It was the craziest sensation and I had never felt it before. Then shortly after, I had a major blob of ewcm with light spotting. It was strange and I was sure at that point there was a high likelihood I was pregnant. BFP the next morning. Of course, now I feel like I need to have those same “symptoms” again. 
  • What number are you trying for?  3

Cycle/Month? Too many

WTO/TWW?  I am benched, but wfaf

Ages of other child(ren)?  7 and 5

Any thoughts about this cycle?  I think my cycles are getting shorter and shorter, I may temp the next few months on the bench

Any questions? No

Rant/Rave/Brag: not much specific to talk about, but things are generally going good.  Kids are enjoying summer break and are generally well behaved.

GTKY: What was the very first thing that made you think you were pregnant? 
    I noticed nothing with DD.  My next two pregnancies, I had heartburn and the cat wouldn't leave me alone.

Cycle/Month? 3/3

WTO/TWW? TWW, 8 dpo

Ages of other child(ren)? 1.5 yrs

Any thoughts about this cycle? I'm feeling really out and depressed. With my daughter I didn't really think about it at the time but I got a weird taste in my mouth that started at 8dpo and lasted the entire pregnancy. I don't have that today, so I figure I must be out. 

Any questions? If you have been pregnant multiple times, were your symptoms during the TWW the same each time, or has it been different for you? 

Rant/Rave/Brag: My daughter has started exploding with two-word phrases. And not just typical phrases, but she's putting things together and describing nouns with adjectives. It's so exciting to watch her language develop. 

GTKY: What was the very first thing that made you think you were pregnant?  With my daughter it was the positive test! AF didn't show up so I tested and got a very clear positive! I was feeling very sorry for myself the night before because I was convinced we were out that month. In retrospect, I did get a weird taste in my mouth around 8dpo, but I kind of get that weird taste every now and then during the TWW, so I think it's just related to progesterone. Horrific food aversions showed up about 5 days after my BFP. 
    *TW*

Me: 31 Him: 32

BFP #1 12/30/15 - CP

BFP #2 3/11/16 - DD born 11/16

TFAS since April 2018

• @general_organa with first pregnancy I had no notable symptoms (I was also super busy and traveling for work the second week of the tww, so I may have been less observant). **TW - loss** With my two recent losses the symptoms were very similar, but still somewhat subtle. **end TW**
  • @LElkCot thanks for humoring me with this question. I'm so sorry for your losses  <3
    *TW*

Me: 31 Him: 32

BFP #1 12/30/15 - CP

BFP #2 3/11/16 - DD born 11/16

TFAS since April 2018

• @general_organa happy to share my experience! And thank you.
  • @general_organa my experiences were different. With DS sore boobs was the only thing and I was already late *I think*. My second pregnancy I had heartburn a little and lots of cramping, never saw BFP coming.

Cycle/Month? Benched

Ages of other children? 2

Rant/Rave/Brag: anyone else feel like recovering from the 4th is hard with their kid(s)? DS was so tired that night but could fall asleep until 11 due to fireworks. His sleep schedule has been off. 

GTKY: What was the very first thing that made you think you were pregnant? I was super nauseous but it was 6 days before AF was supposed to show. I decided to test the next morning anyway. It showed positive right away. 
  • leksiLleksiL member

What number are you trying for? 2

Cycle/Month? 1/1

WTO/TWW? WTO (CD1)

Ages of other child(ren)? 1.5

Any thoughts about this cycle? Day one was great so far lol 

Any questions? 

Rant/Rave/Brag: today was a perfect day - DH and I took Bells to daycare and had a date day. I had a mimosa with breakfast and then we went to the movies. Enjoyed some special time together! We picked Bells up after nap and took her to the park and the heatwave seemed over. We came home and had popsicles and blew bubbles. Nice dinner bath and no fussiness. So happy.

GTKY: What was the very first thing that made you think you were pregnant? I didn’t have any symptoms but turned a positive 12 dpo. It took awhile to have any symptoms whatsoever. 
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020