July 2018 Moms

Weekday Randoms 7/2

Re: Weekday Randoms 7/2

• @kissableviv congrats!! 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Loading the player...
  • When you ladies say early labor signs what specifically are you referring to? I went into labor with my first with no warning, at least none I remember. I have been having frequent stretching like not quite cramping pains. Not sure if it is due to dehydration and need to drink more water or it is considered early labor signs? 
  • @kissableviv congratulations!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Congrats @kissableviv and @wildtot ! Cant wait to hear your birth stories. 
  • 5am feeding / pumping sessions more fun with new baby announcements! Congrats @wildtot and @kissableviv
    @lindsayleigh1989 glad for you that feeding is on the upswing! I’m still waiting for my milk to come in... day 5 post birth. Apparently as a FTM + CS + general anesthesia no less it takes longer? All I know is I’ve cried my face off the last couple days (hormones, frustration  and pain all contributing), and this feels like a marathon and a sprint all in one! Baby seems to have learned to latch overnight (!!), so still making him BF before formula (he lost 11% of weight in first 2 days bc he has daddy’s metabolism), but hoping we can switch over if my milk ever comes!

• Congrats @kissableviv @wildtot! So excited for all these babies! 
  • Congratulations @wildtot and @kissableviv!!! So excited for you both!!

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • nimmlenimmle member
    edited July 2018
  • And846And846 member
    Congrats @wildtot and @kissableviv!

@lindsayleigh1989 great tip for BFing! I’m going to jot that info down! 
  • @lindsayleigh1989 that made me remember this awesome latching trick I was shown with my son that really seemed to work for me. Idk how well I can describe it. Basically you point your nipple and areola up towards your face, get baby’s mouth in position, and when you let go it sort of flips into their mouth. I suck at describing it...so here’s a link!

https://www.drmomma.org/2010/08/breastfeeding-latch-trick.html?m=1
  • Goodness. Am I the only one who hasn’t had their baby yet.  :( Congratulations ladies!! All your babies are so beautiful!  <3
  • Congratulations @kissableviv @wildtot and @emsnedds!  So exciting seeing so many babies being born!
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @lindsayleigh1989 that sounds exactly like what I learned from my LC with DD! The nose into the boob thing I think makes a big difference (so u arent playing tug of war with baby's latch) and that's the image i couldn't find to share with everyone back when we were talking about it before. So happy it's going well for you!!

• Congratulations @emsnedds!!! So glad everything worked out with your DH making it home in time!

• So exciting to wake up and see new babies are here!! Congrats @kissableviv ans @wildtot

@paytonpedro I’m still pregnant too! It definitely gets frustrating feeling like you’re pregnant forever and it’s only day 3 of baby month lol. He’ll be here soon!
  • congrats @emsnedds I'm so glad your H was able to be there! 
  • nimmlenimmle member
    edited July 2018
    Congrats @emsnedds!

So many babies here in time for 4th of July. Independence day indeed no longer having evicted baby already!

@paytonpedro I'm also still pregnant and probably will be for a little while since my due date is on the 28th. It's a long haul.
  • nimmlenimmle member
    @acunamatada Goodness, you are so close. Exciting!
  • Oh my goodness congrats @kissableviv, @wildtot, and @emsnedds!!  Can't wait to hear all of the stories  :)

@paytonpedro I am most definitely still pregnant.  Due date is tomorrow and this little lady has made no indication that she is concerned about being punctual.  I did wake up last night in the middle of the night once to puke (but I think it was because what I ate for dinner just didn't sit well) and once with back pain, but nothing this morning.  Ugh.  
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • @paytonpedro I'm still pregnant too - and hoping to stay that way for a few more weeks since my  EDD is 7/31 with scheduled CS on 7/24.
    @foxbaby2016 +1 to @SmashJam that guests can go F themselves.  I'm NOT doing that this time - I did that with DD and this time you show up with either food I can eat or you pick do a chore.  I'm also seriously tempted to just go nap whenever DH's family comes over and let him deal with them.

congrats on all the new babies - @wildtot i absolutely love the symmetry of 7 lb 3 oz on 7/3! but im a total nerd about number patterns... part of me thinks I should have picked 7/25 for cs because then daughter is 5/27, i'm 6/26, and DS will be 7/25...or maybe I should hope he'll come 7/7 - DH is 5/5 so DS being 7/7 is also appropriate

AFM - contractors broke the storm door this morning and like I mentioned yesterday there's a major issue with the design of the uppers in the kitchen and I'm super calm about the whole thing.... like weirdly calm... not even non-pregnant me would be this calm... is sleep deprivation the new natural xanax?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @gingerbride26 omg i just realized that! Pretty cool! 
  • Congrats @kissableviv, @wildtot and @emsnedds!! So excited for all these new arrivals!!
  • amdftwamdftw member
    Congratulations to @kissableviv, @wildtot, and @emsnedds!  And anyone else I may have missed over the weekend or past few days!  The heat wave is killing me and making me want to retreat into hibernation.  My house is a mess but we don't have central AC... just a window unit in our bedroom that's great and a window unit in the living room that's only strong enough to take the edge off.  Just trying to survive until the heat finally breaks.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @foxbaby2016 +1,000 to what @SmashJam and @gingerbride26 said. New moms absolutely should not be entertaining, and I'm gonna be much more strict about that this time. Sure, some people will complain and grumble, but remind yourself this will help you be a better mom to your LO
  • Congratulations @kissableviv@wildtot, and @emsnedds! Very excited to see all 3 of you post this morning! 
  • emsnedemsned member
    Thank you!! 

+1 for the motn thread! Great idea!

Any STM+ have advice about how to manage a 2 year old at the same time as a newborn? How am I supposed to go to the bathroom or shower? I would love to carry the bouncy chair with me everywhere, but our house is all disconnected with the bathroom upstairs and the living room and kitchen downstairs. Also not sure how to manage my toddler and make sure she behaves/listens while I’m breastfeeding. This is just a whole new ballgame. 
  • Congratulations to all our new mamas! So exciting to see those yellow flags at the top when I log in. 

Reaaaaaally hoping my s+s is effective tomorrow, I am soooooo done being pregnant. Little miss gave me a bit of a scare this morning when I realized I hadn’t felt her move as much as usual so I actually had to chug some juice and lay down for kick counts which I haven’t needed to do yet (btw it’s hard to focus on fetal movement when two 21m olds are using you as a jungle gym). She’s now kicking the hell out of me after my coffee so I feel much better. 
    run along Pond...2015/12/10

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • @comealongponds +1 for scary quiet kiddos - never had to do kick counts with DD or with this little guy before last night and yea how the hell are you supposed to time contractions, do kick counts, deal with toddler, and not be a completely useless wife? My brain doesn't fracture that many times.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Congrats to all the new mommas!! @wildtot @kissableviv @emsnedds. I’ve been stalking this site checking for new birth announcements so many times a day. They make me so happy and convince me that my baby will come eventually!! (Even though at this point it feels like it’s never going to happen) 

@gingerbride26 same with me! We started our master bathroom remodel back in April. There were so many steps backward that I somehow felt so calm throughout. We finally finished it this weekend!! 1 week before due date. (Well almost..finally ordered a mirror that should come this week) I think knowing there are bigger things in life to stress/worry/prepare for, like baby!, that you just kinda figure everything else will work itself out. Good luck with your kitchen! 

Now time to go start compulsively cleaning to see if it can put me into labor like it did for @wildtot
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• SmashJamSmashJam member
    edited July 2018
    @emsnedds I have to shower in the morning before DS wakes up, or while DH watches him during his morning coffee. Today is the FIRST time I have showered with him playing in the adjacent playroom with the door open and not had a mild panic attack about what he's doing. He's 3. I imagine when DS2 gets here, I'll do much of the same thing...only shower while people are awake to watch at least your toddler, or shower very quickly while everyone is sleeping (FX that during the day/night that happens at least once, lol).

It's hot out guys. Did anyone know? lol. I am so thankful for AC our house is 77 right now, which probably seems warm to those of you with central but it was 88 on Sunday and 77 is completely doable.

I have a doctor's appt today and I am unreasonably excited. I feel like for every one of these I get out of the way the closer I am. I dunno if they'll do a cervical check on me, I was telling DH last night I feel like hospitals with midwives and OBs punish you if you choose the midwife side by refusing to do cervical checks until 40 weeks because you chose midwives and want things to progress more "narturally", whereas OBs would do it earlier. Maybe I'm wrong in this perception? I'm 37 wks on Thursday.
  • @rachelsogo bahaha i was telling that to H earlier. They should add deep cleaning as an inducing method.