July 2018 Moms

Monday BF- July 2

With the heatwave still happening here in VT, I anticipate a lot of us are going to have some weather related BFs. Put em here, ladies!

Re: Monday BF- July 2

• And846And846 member
    90°s all week in Florida. Heat index spiking to over 100°. I took vacation time this entire week to relax and do final preparations. Our AC unitvis on the fritz (its 13 years old anyway) and needs to be replaced and the earliest a guy can do it is Friday. Here is to crossing my fingers it doesn’t act up too much this week and leave me with a hot house + hosing down unit to cool down so it kicks back on.
  • Back up in the 90s this week, i normally wouldn’t mind if i was back in Cali but come on not what i expected here. Also i need to go talk to one of our backyard neighbors. His flood light is on all night and shines through out window. It’s worse when the wind blows our curtains open to cool off the house and happens to be on my side of the bed and where baby will be. 
    Also i when back to sleeping with H last minute and of course everything i moved out for started again. He came to bed after me so he wakes me up getting in and wanting to cuddle and touch me. Then he was flopping around like a whale and taking the cover and most of the bed. Idk if he brushed his teeth but he better be because i don’t want to be smelling that (he has a terrible gross habit of not doing it). Oh and he left the seat up and i almost fell in. We’ll see if he gets up early to help take DS to the sitter since we never discussed it and we are both off work. 
  • Loading the player...
  • nimmlenimmle member
    90s here in NYC all week until Friday. At least it looks like we'll get a little relief by next Saturday (mid-80s) in time for a BBQ we are going to. We have a BBQ on the 4th as well, but people tend to stay inside for that one.
  • The forecast for central PA all this week is “very hot, very humid.” I think I’m going to die. I think I could handle being pregnant for many more weeks if it wasn’t hot but having it be so hot and miserable has me thinking I need this baby out ASAP. 

Our AC isn’t working correctly, which is dumb because the thing was brand new when we moved in here three years ago. So it’s going to be a long day trying to keep everyone cool enough. 

My DS has had a fever of over 100 for over 24 hours and I’m worried that it’s like heat exhaustion or something because we were outside all weekend. So I’ll probably take him into the doctors this morning. 
  • Feeling you all with this heat wave!! Hope everyone is staying cool and hydrated! I've had to rethink LOs going home outfit since I definitely wasn't expecting this! 
    Sorry for the novel below!
    Can I just say that I'm super annoyed with my doctor. I had seen him a few weeks ago and mentioned that I thought I had a yeast infection and he said okay and that was it and started talking about something else and so I got distracted and forgot to mention it again, this also happened at my appointment last week as well. I have been back and forth to L&D with contractions but I'm not progressing, my doctor was on vacation for 2 weeks so I saw the other doctor in the practice and she was super nice. my doctor had called something in the stop the contractions but he called in the wrong prescription and the pharmacy couldn't fill it and by the time the other doctor got the the message she said don't worry about it why are we going to bother stopping the contractions. A few weeks ago I had made an appointment with my regular doctor and I had to get back to work to cover lunches, the office was running late and so I rescheduled the appointment for the next day, when I showed up my doctor was not as nice as he usually is and I don't know if I annoyed him by rescheduling or what but it's been kind of weird ever since. I've had to call him twice about an issue and he kind of just brushes me off, my last appointment last week I had gained 5 lb in a week where I was I wasn't gaining at all for a while and he was a little concerned about possible preeclampsia but didn't seem too worried because my BP was fine. That was on a Tuesday, on Wednesday I had a horrible headache and ended up leaving work the headache lasted until Friday. I called the office on Wednesday at 10 a.m. And he never called me back, I called the office on Thursday at 2 and he never called me back I finally called on Friday evening after I went to CVS and got my blood pressure taken and I was 139 over 80 so I gave him a call he finally called me back and said don't worry about it you're fine take Tylenol for your headache and he was just very short with me. I'm  feeling very annoyed that I'm so close to the end and he just is being kind of a jerk, I have an appointment with him tomorrow and we are going to schedule my induction for the end of the week, which he said that we would do last week but didn't. I just don't know what to do I feel like if I do go into spontaneous labor at home I don't even want to call him. Maybe it's a pregnancy hormones, but my husband is also annoyed with him. Just had to vent a bit, this doctor is supposed to be amazing and everybody loves him and raves about him but I just not feeling the same experience as everybody else seems to have. 
  • SCIATICA I literally can't walk. My chiropractor is away all week until Thursday when I am scheduled to see her. I'm trying acupuncture again today, both for labor induction and sciatica. If that doesn't give me some relief, I am booking a prenatal massage tomorrow and I don't even care how much it costs because this pain is out of control. I can't concentrate on trying to get work done, there is literally no comfortable position  for sitting or lying down or standing up. I think the only position that would relieve me right now is floating in a pool but that's not really an option at this moment. 

I feel like I can't even complain about the heat because I literally refuse to leave my air conditioned house. 
  • nimmlenimmle member
    @ashbub714 ugh seiously? Kids are flexible, they'll be fine rear facing for longer.
  • Due today and there’s no end in sight. DH went into work today during his sabbatical to do his end of month count (inventory,etc). So instead of sleeping in after a night of counting contractions that went nowhere, I got to clean up the house for DS’s EI visit and try and try and stay awake until nap time. Spoiler alert, the toddler found a red sharpie and colored all over his favorite truck book, then had a meltdown when it wouldn’t wash off. Can’t wait to discover what else he’s colored. 
  • @ashbub714 that lady is just dumb. Kids are not as uncomfortable RF as an adult would be, especially if they don't know anything else. And anytime someone argues about broken legs, I want to slap them because a POSSIBLE broken leg is better than death, or internal decapitation.

My BF is the newsletter I am trying to print. Everytime I go to print this damn thing something goes wrong with the printer, the paper, the office kid ruining perfectly good copies...ugh...

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • +1 for heat and AC issues - I'm fine sitting here with a window unit and fan going but feel bad for the guys in the kitchen :( it's mid-90's all week in CT and our central air has been out for over a year (DH kept saying he'd call someone).  I got one wall unit on the 1st floor and a window unit on the 3rd and trying to put whole-house and box fans in places in the middle to get the flow to the guys on the 2nd floor because only thing coming in windows today is 95 deg heat.

IKEA Kitchen BF - worst IKEA trip ever including the time DH broke my rear-view mirror off trying to pack the car.
    So had to go to IKEA this weekend to return some stuff and pick up some stuff they were out of when we did the original order/delivery.  First we couldn't find the deco strips we decided to nix (they're like 2 inches tall and not particularly attractive and GC was already concerned about us being under the 18" standard height between counter and uppers - so we'll just go to a lumbar yard and get smaller/fancier molding later).  He's kind of rushing me and says we'll just return them later if they're buried but we'll still go to get the toe-kicks and return the lighting (our GC wasn't comfortable installing IKEA lighting and suggested we go with their brand instead - ended up saving us $500 so we did that).  Get the 45 min down there and get to returns - well somehow I have 2 of the 3 transaction receipts, and the one with the lighting wasn't in the master folder and got left at home.  Customer service are being tools and giving us different answers and we solve one problem for them to find another.  So then we go back to the car with the lights and DH is having a heat wave temper tantrum and I'm all like "yea I'm sorry we're missing the receipt, but why are you leaving without the toe-kicks, you already knew we couldn't return EVERYTHING today and had to come back because you left the deco strip at home so why did we come at all if we're not getting the toe kicks" so he stays all broody and we go back inside to figure out toe kicks.... look up aisle/bin and it says see attendant, so I see attendant and he's a complete jerk acting put out and makes me waddle back over to the kiosks after stealing a pen to write down sku # instead of helping/looking it up.  When we did the original order, they gave us a gift card for the exact amount needed for the toe-kicks with tax and wrote it out on the card 7x$19 so we'd still get the 15% back kitchen deal - well these toe kicks are now saying they're $39 each and I am having a panic attack trying to figure it out.... so upstairs to kitchen department we go to ask them to look up our order and help us out.  LADY IN KITCHENS WAS AMAZING! she got me water, had me sit down, pulled up our order and reprinted the lights transactions and said they were full of it downstairs and this should work and also confirmed it was the wrong toe kicks fixed the pull order for us.  Do a quick run through lighting to see if we can solve our lighting fiasco and DH is finally cooled off a bit but DD is starting to melt down.  I stop at CS with my new sheet and ask if this will now work before we go get the lights back out of the car - they say yes it will all work great and we can return and not do store credit.  Well - they didn't mention you have to physically have the CC you used with you to prevent store credit so after all that they couldn't put it back on our IKEA card anyway...AND she missed one of the lights in the return bag and argued that it didn't match the receipt - at that point I just wanted to go home.  DH then busts ass all weekend putting the drawers together and hinges on doors for the cabinets to go in today and tomorrow - and we're running around last night in the 90 deg weather trying to figure out how we're missing 2 doors or if they're behind something....if you have over 50 pieces they don't make you count at delivery, so we never realized they forgot to give us two cabinet doors until we put them all together last night - thank god for our type A personalities and we've been checking things off on the master BOM as we put things together so I know EXACTLY what doors are missing....but it looks like i have to call customer service today and we'll have to drive the hour back down this weekend to resolve...Maybe by then I can do some mental planning and pick up some drawer organizers etc so we don't have to go down AGAIN after baby comes.  I also wanted to get DD a kid wardrobe and mirror to set up a dress-up corner for her new room.

Even with the customer service drama aside - so far I'm still super happy with going with an IKEA kitchen.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My BF is actually going to the Disability office and website. I have been trying to start my disability claim online for maternity leave since last week. The online site continues to give me a generic error of "unable to complete your request. Please call...". So I call and go through the 10,000 prompts, just to be hung up on because they are at their max hold capacity. So I keep calling back in hopes to get into a hold queue. State of CA doesn't allow you to file early either. They are saying up to 2 weeks to process on top of all of this. Why isn't there an easier process?!?!

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• nimmlenimmle member
    @zombiehoohaa Ugh I hear you. I went through the same thing a few days ago with my disability insurance company for NY. Of course even though I started the claim I still have to call after I give birth to finalize everything. Then there's the waiting period. All just stinks...the last thing I want to think about when in the hospital is calling them again.
  • @zombiehoohaa @nimmle disability paperwork sucks! I won’t get approved for my 8 wks until i prove to them the form of delivery even if the doctor says it’s going to be a c section. So of course i have to remember to call them while in the hospital which stupid. How about i just call them while on the operating table, would that be enough proof? I got a week of waiting after that. 
  • After 45 minutes of being on hold, I got through! It kept throwing the error because my maiden name still reflected on my account. The lady was so kind, so I will ease up on how crappy their site and hold time was. Once she updated my name to reflect my married name, I was able to complete the process. I then had to call Kaiser's Record line and give them the claim number. Now I have to call my other insurance to give them the claim number. This is some straight up bs. I'm ready for a drink...oh wait...have to wait until baby is born. FFS!

@nimmle @wildtot Oh, goodness! You have to call back!!?!?!? Fuck that! They make is sooooooooo difficult to do all of this. I'm not able to comprehend it. I get wanting to avoid scam/fraud. However...just...make it easier for us pregos!!!!!

@wildtot totally agree with @nimmle send a video. "is this proof enough?!?!"

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• @zombiehoohaa @nimmle @wildtot sorry for your crazy disability issues! 

DH is off today but we didn't see him as he was completing projects in his basement office, which is cool since he didn't get time to do it this weekend (his fault). But he kept saying things like, "Ok, can I have til 1:30 and I'll be up?" and so I got really excited that he'd be up to help and then...he wasn't. I am so so so so tired today I don't know what my deal is, and having him here while I napped on the couch would have been amazeballs. He just took DS downstairs so I guess I could nap now but its almost dinner so I gotta clean up the kitchen.
  • @zombiehoohaa @nimmle @wildtot sorry for disability drama

OMG guys - the IKEA designers messed up and I'm seriously tweaking out right now.  All the uppers and half the lowers are in (not finished, but in) and there's a F'n huge gap on the right side of the window that is NOT in the design package and it's driving my super symetrical eye nuts... They kept the glass front cabinets to the L and R of window both 18"....the one to the L is 2" from the window...the one to the R is 4" from the window and then there's a 2" filler between it and the corner cabinet....so I got 6 f'n inches of dead wall.... off to IKEA website to come up with options to discuss when DH comes home....

Bonus BF - after having an actually decent visit with MIL yesterday and her understanding and agreeing that we just can't be going down their way any more because we can't be the extra 45 min away from the hospital any more, she calls DH to see if we want to drive down for dinner tonight >_< I told DH to go with DD and leave me home but sentimental fool won't.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • nimmlenimmle member
    I guess this is a previous BF resolution? A few weeks ago DH agreed to host his aunt and uncle at our place the weekend before our due date (they were supposed to come in June but then somehow they already booked up all the weekends in June) and that weekend was all they had left. Let alone the fact that they want to be here for 4 days while I'm trying to work from home. To be fair DH was pissed about the whole situation too, but wasn't sure how to deal with it.

Anyhoo - I talked to DH about the fact that my doctor thinks it's likely that I am going to go early. Even though it's not certain, it was enough of an excuse for him to call up his Aunt and Uncle and ask them to postpone until sometime after the baby is born with the recommendation they get a hotel. **phew**
  • wildtotwildtot member
    edited July 2018
    All day I’ve been getting random contractions with bloody discharge (MP i think) and I’ve been telling H about it. Because of this i asked him if he could put DS to bed today and I’d get him ready. He said yeah. 10 mins ago he asked if i can put him to bed...after i already got him ready. I said fine but with an attitude. I went to the restroom and again contraction with bloody stuff and i come out moaning (he hears me) and finally says “I’ll put him to bed”. Ok cool man thank you for being so considerate. I seriously feel like he doesn’t give a crap about how I’m feeling some times. I didn’t get any of this with DS so it’s like he thinks my contractions are nothing unless my water breaks. Like i can continue to do life as usual through a contractions. Ugh let’s hope labor holds up at least till Wednesday.

eta of course H hasn’t cleaned the litter after I’ve been asking for days and despite the cat pooping on the carpet.
    edited again because i still had to put DS to bed while going though a contraction. 
  • +1 for heat and AC issues - I'm fine sitting here with a window unit and fan going but feel bad for the guys in the kitchen :( it's mid-90's all week in CT and our central air has been out for over a year (DH kept saying he'd call someone).  
    Are you still facing a problem with your kitchen appliances? It's actually very vital for the homeowners that they give proper care to their kitchen appliances. Kitchen remodeling is the best way by which you can improve the current look of your home as we all know that the kitchen is the only room in the home where we cook our food and chat with other family members. With the kitchen remodel San Jose CA team, you do not need to worry much about your kitchen appliances as they properly replace your old electric appliances with the new energy-efficient appliances that give an attractive look to your current kitchen.