December 2018 Moms

Fit Mom Friday 6/29

TGIF! I’ve been slacking on this post for a few weeks. 
1) How far along are you? 
2) How is your fitness plan working for you? Have you found yourself making modifications? 
3) Ask a question that the next poster has to answer (this may be a disaster, fair warning). 

Re: Fit Mom Friday 6/29

• ActivebabyActivebaby member
    edited June 2018
    I’ll start in case my prompts were confusing. 
    1) 17 weeks
    2) I have no fitness plan anymore. It’s more of a try to run when I can. I ran 3 days this week then had horrible RLP yesterday. Today it’s all better ??? I have modified my workouts by slowing my speed and distance. I feel good about it because it’s more than I’ve done during my last pregnancies.
    3) question to next poster: Are you having any food aversions? 
  • edited June 2018
    1) 16+2
    2) No plan per se, just trying to not be a lump. Kind of hard when our stuff (elliptical, rower, workout clothes) are all in storage. I’m at least trying to walk the dogs with DH after their dog dinner! They’re extra bad when I’m with them, but I love strolling the neighborhood. 
    3) I’m still kind of averse to Mexican food :grimace: but I’m going to give it a go tonight for dinner. DH misses it and thinks I’m ready. Let’s hope so!

Q. What is your favorite piece of workout gear? Not a category, but the single piece that gives you the most confidence or motivation? Why?

ETA: Had a local place's Southwest Pasta Penne for dinner - I wasn't into it. It was lacking Mexican spices, so I can't call it Mexican food at all. But still the black beans and corn were unappealing. One day I'll eat Mexican food and bland Alabama-made approximations.
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Last question: What is your favorite piece of workout gear?
    My bluetooth headphones. I sync them with my apple watch and go, and it's so freeing to not need my phone with me. 

1. 16w4d
    2. Like @Activebaby, I don't really have a routine anymore. I get out when I can, but I've been so busy with other things and just not feeling great, it hasn't been much. 
    3. Do you have any lifetime fitness goals (run an ultramarathon, complete a triathlon, etc?)
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • 1. 16 w + something. 
    2.  Trying to get back in a routine now that I finally stopped puking all day.  I typically do an upper body day, leg day, cardio day, yoga day rotation and I do the daily yoga flow from spinning babies to get ready for birth.  It was greatly helpful with my last birth, especially since I have longer labors.
    3. A: Not really.  My goal is to be fit enough to be healthy and keep up with my munchkins.
      Q:  Do you have a favorite trainer or workout? Or just do kind of your own thing?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • ActivebabyActivebaby member
    edited July 2018
    I like to run on the treadmill mainly, but I also really like the blogilates monthly calendars for specific areas https://www.blogilates.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/30-day-butt-challenge-no-gray-hi-res.png 
    because i find them doable and easy to fit in. One of my M14 moms started us on it and we do monthly challenges on and off. 

Q: What is your favorite movie or TV show?

also not sure if I’m not creating an engaging thread - if I’m not please feel
    free to take it over/start it. I’m not offended. But I do like to have fitness accountability- it helps me. 
  • I'm thinking of signing up for a 10 mile or 10k ... in October. I'll be 7 months pregnant. I figure absolute worst case scenario I'm just out the cost of registration, but at the very least I feel like I could walk these races and be fine. I feel like I need something. I have no reason to run right now. 
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • I'm thinking of signing up for a 10 mile or 10k ... in October. I'll be 7 months pregnant. I figure absolute worst case scenario I'm just out the cost of registration, but at the very least I feel like I could walk these races and be fine. I feel like I need something. I have no reason to run right now. 
    Wow! That is awesome. I’ve dropped my distance and speed. But even at my best I can’t do a 10k or 10 miler. So impressed!
  • 1. 15 w, 3 d
    2.  Trying to get back into a routine, but it's super tough since my sleep has been problematic. I've been taking an extra hour for sleep in the morning rather than waking up to exercise. I *know* that if I get up and exercise I'll probably sleep better that night. Went for a 40-minute brisk walk in the hills near my work today during lunch. That was really nice. Hopefully do some strength training and yoga later this week too.
    3. A: Oooh, favorite TV show or movie? I am the world's least picky person when it comes to movies and shows. Unless it's really bad, I tend to like it. Some of my all time favorites would be 24, Breaking Bad, Harry Potter movies, Hobbit/LOTR, Monty Python and the Holy Grail... and lots more. Haha. We just saw the new Jurassic World and I have to say I wasn't expecting much, but it was oddly satisfying.
    Q: Did you play sports as a kid (or do you still play sports)? (If yes, which ones?)

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @omnommer I love 24! I watch it while I run, which means I’m about to watch it now! 
  • Don’t be too impressed. I haven’t done it yet. It’s probably a very stupid idea, but I’m hoping I’ll find it a little motivating. Who knows. 
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga