November 2018 Moms

Ultrasounds: Anatomy Scans/2nd Tri

Re: Ultrasounds: Anatomy Scans/2nd Tri

• @pink_polkadots so glad to hear that! Thanks for the update.
  • bkosybkosy member
    @pink_polkadots what will they be looking for exactly at the 28 week one? Just curious cause my NT measurement was abnormal also. Didnt you get NIPS blood test done if I can remember correctly?
  • Loading the player...
  • @bkosy I am not sure, I guess to make sure no physical abnormalities develop? I asked and she said it’s just procedure for them. I did get the NIPT which came back negative for chromosomal abnormalities. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • bkosybkosy member
    @pink_polkadots Well I will keep you in my thoughts! So glad everything looked good this time :)
  • Aww we have the same due date!!! Im having a girl...my very first and she's a miracle baby...
  • @phoenix870509 That cracks me up! Your baby girl is like "I can't even!" and she's not even out of the womb yet!  :D 
    @firsttimespartanmom I don't have any experience with that specific marker, but my first baby had a marker for trisomy 13 during the anatomy scan, but she is just fine. This baby had a marker for down's syndrome because her head was measuring pretty big, but we're not really concerned since DD's head is big too. I wouldn't worry too much about the marker because they seem to find them on almost all babies nowadays! I know it's hard not to think about it though. 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • edited June 2018
    I had an abnormal quad screen and have had my 20 week ultrasound and a level two ultrasound only thing found is kidneys at 4.2 instead of 4.0 and took the cell free DNA test today just patiently waiting for results to confirm everything is definitely ok. Talk about stress  :# Any one else experiencing this?
  • Loving seeing all your scans!
    My appointment isnt until July 12th, so I’m trying to stay patient! Can’t wait to see my little one again and find out its gender!
  • xrae05xrae05 member
    I had to wait until 21weeks 5days for my anatomy scan (which is TOMORROW!!). My practitioner got sick and I had to reschedule, which messed up all my appointments. Alas, at least we get to see him tomorrow morning! And we did the blood test so we knew early on we’re having a little boy. Love seeing everyone’s pictures though!
  • @firsttimespartanmom Had our AS as well which also showed a couple things, one being what sounds similar- shiny spot in the heart that is correlated with Downs but the other markers were fine. The OB said this happens commonly amongst happy/healthy babies and not to worry. Definitely hard not to worry though... hang in there! Do you have a follow up us?
  • @jkmartin723 we were offered the option of being referred for a level 2 with an MFM or another in-office ultrasound with the OB in 8-12 weeks. I’m waiting to make the final decision until my next doctors appointment a week from Wednesday because I want to understand if anything would change as far as my prenatal care if something were to show up on the level 2. My dr sounded like yours and said this is relatively common and usually means nothing if there are no other markers, so I’m trying not to worry. Do you have a follow up scheduled? 
  • runwmusicrunwmusic member
    edited July 2018
    @ginny_203 that is so adorable
  • @ftm_jen Thanks! I thought it was pretty adorable too, but my husband says she looks like an alien :( haha 
  • My baby boy at my 17 week sneak-peek gender reveal