September 2018 Moms

Symptoms & Questions | Week of June 25th

13»

Re: Symptoms & Questions | Week of June 25th

• adiratadirat member
    @klj0228 I feel like I'm starting to get that -- for a few weeks I've been getting winded more easily but now it's like I can't catch my breath just standing up from the sofa! I don't know how I'm going to manage ten more weeks!

• @klj0228 Yep - me too! I’ve started to get dizzy from standing and talking to long. I have to sit down and force some deep, slow breaths. And then sitting and leaning forward at all, I have trouble breathing. A short walk is getting me out of breath too. 
  • Loading the player...
  • +1 to feeling like I can’t breathe. @DanyTargaryen I’ve been starting on my back at night too. If I go to my side too quickly I feel “full” too, or I’ll get heartburn. I remember at this point with my son I was exclusively sleeping in a recliner. 
  • nackie My first I could wear my rings the whole time but this time I couldn't wear them by 2 months. I think I will have to get them resized because after DD1, they never fit the same again. I miss my rings!!!
  • The heartburn is real today. All day long, nothing helps. 

Also, skin tags ... why are they a thing? Ugh. 
  • Car0liiine  I got a support belt and been seeing a PT about my SPD and it is not helping as much as I would like. Rolling over in bed is the absolute WORST. 

starla  I am also getting small skin tags in my armpits. I got one in my thigh and it grew really fast and was very painful when I walked. I got my GP to freeze it off. 

ashh2018  I have been taking Tylenol a lot lately. Sorry you are in pain. I have wrist braces that I sleep in, hope they help you. 
  • @stothi and @mrsman2018 I’m right there with you. I’m constantly yelling out and even brought to tears. I’ve had the soreness since week 14 but this week the pain became unreal. Tylenol is a waste for the most part. I just keep the time to baby countdown in my head whenever I roll over in bed or get up from standing. 
  • mrsman2018mrsman2018 member
    edited July 2018
    stothi I had pain with my first too, but never getting out of bed like this time. I seriously wake up DH a few times a night because I am so loud with the grunting and sighing. I can't even explain the pain to anyone because they don't understand. I am trying to stay away from Tylenol too even though I also want to take it all day every day - I think I am on day 3 with none. But even laying down in bed, doing nothing, I still get a dull throbbing pain in my groin. Ugh, is it September yet? 
    How often do you plan on wearing the belt? All day? Only at work? At night?
    Also, DD was playing with a pack of drinks we just got from Costco just left them on the floor. Getting down and cleaning it seemed too hard, so I walked around it for 2 days. So did DH until I guess he finally decided to pick them up. Ha. 
  • I'll start a new symptoms thread in a minute, but first I need to complain. My IT band pain has returned and it sucks! I had it earlier during who knows what trimester and it has shown it's ugly face again. So stupid to literally be doing nothing while you're sleeping on your side and have pain radiating down from your hips. 

• adiratadirat member
    @nackie That's good to know! I'm going to share that with my husband. Thanks.

• @adirat - Opposite of what @nackie said, MH did not want to cut the cord so he didn't. Almost 2 years later he does not regret not cutting it at all.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • nackienackie member
    FFMC: I don't remember if DH cut DD's cord...
    I only know what happened because DH was telling our hypnobirthing instructor the story of how it happened at our last class. 
  • MH was ambivalent about cutting the cord but leaning towards no. When the MW asked him to do it, though, he did. It’s not a fond memory, but it wasn’t something he hated. Just a “meh,” or something that needed to be done. Everyone seems to feel differently!
    2/13 Blighted ovum, D&C -- 6/13 MC -- 8/14 DD born -- 3/17 MC -- 9/18 DD2 born
    Expecting again -- EDD 7/27/20
  • @stothi - I've honestly never heard of a mom being asked before. Maybe because assuming no complications baby is usually in mom's arms?
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • With my second (first vaginal birth) they asked my husband if he wanted to cut the cord.  We hadn't talked about it or anything.  He was like sure, why not.  It must not have been too bad though because I think he cut the cord with my third as well.
    Daughter #1 - Feb 2012
    Daughter #2 - Oct 2014
    Daughter #3 - Nov 2016
    Baby #4 - Sept 2018
  • The only reason I remember that DH cut the cord is because he’s still very proud about it lol. We’re very “meh” about pregnancy, so it was essentially his first dad moment. 
  • I have the worst taste in my mouth. Like so gross. It’s not metallic, it’s just...gross. I can’t have mint bc of my tummy (acid) and fruity tic tacs and gum are not cutting it. Is this normal? lol 
  • adiratadirat member
    @ashh2018 This may not be reassuring but I've had a gross sour taste in my mouth since like 4 weeks pregnant...my doctor said weird tastes are all normal.

• @adirat it’s reassuring to know it’s normal! Ugh but it sucks for us haha 
  • adiratadirat member
    @ashh2018 I know :( I find it really unpleasant and it has totally stopped me from eating some things, especially desserts and flavored coffees, which taste especially horrible!

• stothi  Wear the belt all day every day? Yeah right. I hate wearing mine. It's like a bra - can't wait till I can take it off.