1st Trimester
Options

The constipation is about to kill me.

I even tried eating Mexican tonight....to no avail.  UUUUUGGGHHH!

• DD1: August 2009
  • DD2: December 2010
  • DS: August 2012
  • M/C 9/2013, 12/2013 
  • DD3: October 2014 - April 2015 Miss you baby girl.
  • Current Due date:  April 14, 2016
Musings of a Farmer's Wife

Re: The constipation is about to kill me.

• Options
    NO JOKE!!! I bought fig newtons and a HUGE bottle of water....hoping to move it a little!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Oh no!  Have you tried rubbing/lightly massaging your stomach?

I haven't had any such issues yet. Maybe it's the Stomach Ease tea I've been drinking for the nausea...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine just hit last night/today in a HUGE way! I am 7w0d...something to look forward to ...LOL
  • Options
    Try eating some carrots. Seriously, carrots are like my wonder drug. I eat a few baby carrots and within a hour or two I am in the bathroom!
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Coffee helps.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I will try the carrots...thats a new one!

As for the coffee...I am trying to weigh the pros and cons against the constipation to the heartburn the coffee will give me...ugh!!

• Options
    imagezeesbride:

I will try the carrots...thats a new one!

As for the coffee...I am trying to weigh the pros and cons against the constipation to the heartburn the coffee will give me...ugh!!

Its the fiber in the carrots that really helps and they taste good too!!. I can't stand coffee, so that is a no go for me..

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Try Activia... my doctor also told me in 1st tri that I could take fiber pills!
  • Options
    AMEN to that. Granola has been helping also.
  • Options
    My trick is tons of water and Fiber One crackers or cereal.
  • Options
    Try Fiber One bars or cereal.

• Options
    I seem to have finally gotten this problem under control - bran flakes in the morning and tons of water throughout the day.
  • Options
    I overate on the triscuits last night and this morning, BAM. For the first time in a month I was in and out of the bathroom in 5 minutes! Go Triscuits!
  • Options
    I eat bran cereal in the morning, drink plumsmart juice, and take Konsyl everyday. I'm just getting a little better. Who knew having a normal poop could make someone soooooo happy. lol
  • Options

have you tried the Danactive cheeses? ?i hate eating yogurt and have been eating them and they really helped me. ?

hope you find some relief soon!?

• Options
    May sound weird, but a brisk 45 minute walk on the treadmill seems to keep me "moving". 
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    I was just thinking that... does the constipation end?  Is that something I can look forward to?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Carrots have been my saving grace! I eat about 3 large carrots a day and so far I am still not having problems!
  • Options
    I have the opposite problem, I go about 2 times over a 3 hr period in the morning then the rest of the day I don't.
  • Options
    Raisin Bran has been my best friend.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

An oatmeal cream pie and a glass of apple juice.  Its magical.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I just got off the phone with my Dr. because I am experiencing the same problem for the first time in my life. she said to eat MORE fruits and veggies, avoid cheese (OUCH! one of my favs) and that it was safe to take Metamucil, Colace or fiber pills for now. I'll give it a try and hopefully something will work!
  • Options
    I have gone everyday since BFP until a few days ago when I swapped my breakfast from grape nuts/ cracklin oat bran to PB toast. Now I haven't been in 3 days so I am swapping back to my reliable breakfast. So far today I have had Fiber One Cereal and a Fiber One Bar.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    my girlfriend told me that when she had this problem during pg- she would sprinkle flax seed over foods and it really helped
  • Options
    Taking probiotics (available at Whole Foods etc) works wonders -- keeps the system going. The thing about preg is that the hormones slow down the "action" part of our intestines -- so that food stays in the system longer, thus getting more nutrients to the babe (cool!); probiotics both add to the healthy environment of the digestive tract and also help the system stay in action. FWIW.
  • Options
    that is the worst!  .  I'm having Activia everyday and my prenatals PRIMACARE has a stole softner.  Also, drinking one cup of mild green tea each day seems to settle my stomach.
  • Options

I had the same problem...I was actually planning on taking some medicne for it but then I started eating more bran for breakfast and that completely did the trick. I'm not completely into bran but it makes it so much more enjoyable knowing that it's actually helping your body. Good luck! :)

• Options
    My fish oil pills have helped.  Also, I notice I go more when I drink only water.
  • Options
    I have tried everything, from eating tons of fruit every day, drinking water non-stop, taking fiber (make sure you drink tons or it can actually make you more constipated!), to...well, I've pretty much tried everything. The m/s med I'm on makes it worse than normal. Wish I could give you some tips but not much has helped me. Hang in there...just remember the little baby in your belly is worth the constipation, m/s, cramps and all the fun stuff to come!
  • Options
    I don't have very hopeful news, but here is what has started to work for me. ?I drink 10+ cups of water a day, including some hot water with fresh lemon (supposed to help), eat fiber-filled cereal, take a dose of Benefiber with calcium, fish oil, prunes, prune juice, kiwis (also supposed to help!), lots of apples and other high fiber fruits / vegs, high fiber bread and now just added in with the okay from my doctor a twice daily stool softener (docusate 100 mg tab), laxative tab every three days or so, and (so gross!) an enema if desperate. ?Almost 11 weeks and no signs of improvement . . . here's hoping for a better second tri! ?Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"