Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#1: 11/15/2010 * Missed M/C 12/28 * D&C 12/29/2010
BFP#2: 3/31/2011 * IT'S A GIRL! * Born 11/17/2011
BFP#3 CP 11/15/2014 
BFP#4 9/3/2015 * Team Green turned PINK * Born 05/16/2016
BFP#5 12/26/2017 *SURPRISE* Due 09/02/2018

Re: Weekend Randoms 6/16

• Loading the player...
  • It rained all this morning and is now 90 degrees with a 5,000% humidity. I feel like a prisoner to my air conditioning. We went without AC in this house the first three years we lived here (someone hacked the condenser off the house while it was in foreclosure on the prior owners and we didn't want to afford to fix it). Sometimes I hate we have it since the escape discourages me from going outside, but pregnant me dgaf!
    I feel you with the heat. It’s not even our hottest yet and we’ve steadily been in the low-mid 90s. The next 2 weekends I get to stand in heat since I’m a coach for my daughters t-ball team. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#1: 11/15/2010 * Missed M/C 12/28 * D&C 12/29/2010
    BFP#2: 3/31/2011 * IT'S A GIRL! * Born 11/17/2011
    BFP#3 CP 11/15/2014 
    BFP#4 9/3/2015 * Team Green turned PINK * Born 05/16/2016
    BFP#5 12/26/2017 *SURPRISE* Due 09/02/2018
  • @Patience7150 That’s exactly why we haven’t put anything for AC in our house. It’s a very small house, so it wouldn’t take more than a window AC to make me never want to leave. 
  • @megnwingate I'm the same way... I don't want visitors in the hospital. I'd prefer them visit at home...... a month later or longer. Ha! I'm hoping I won't have to stay in the hospital for 24 hours.. just pull a Duchess Kate and leave the hospital within hours. 
    Me: 33 DH: 31 Baby: 9/2/2018 BabyFruit Ticker

• @megnwingate @smsaulino I really would like no hospital visitors, but am giving in for grandparents. But I’ve told them once we get home we need a couple weeks to settle before they visit. Our very closest friends are not coming to the hospital so they will drop in the first couple days at home, but will always bring food and/or help with chores. I’m considering a sip and see about 4 weeks after the baby is born so people can see the baby then. Only concern is it’s the beginning of flu season. 
  • @klj0228 I would have people show proof of their flu shot. At least attempt to have your shots before asking to hold the baby. I understand that the flu shot isn't always effective. That's why I said attempt. DH is stricter than me when it comes to holding Polly. He has already let the family know. 
    Me: 33 DH: 31 Baby: 9/2/2018 BabyFruit Ticker

• I think the flu shot takes 2 weeks to take effect, so keep that in mind for anyone you require to get one before holding baby.
  • I think the flu shot takes 2 weeks to take effect, so keep that in mind for anyone you require to get one before holding baby.
    You are correct! I’ve already started telling the grandparents they have to get their pertussis shot before they see baby. 
  • We asked grandparents to get their tdap too, but didn't worry about the flu shot since DS was born in June. They should be all set with tdap this time since it was 2 years ago, and I'm not sure how concerned I am with the flu shot yet. This is only because it doesn't really ramp up in my area until at least November, so we'll see.
  • @SkilledSailor How was your trip? Hope you had a great time! 

+1 to a hospital bag thread. 
    Me: 32   DH: 32
    BFP #1: 1/23/2012  DD: Born 9/20/2012  <3
    BFP #2: 12/30/2017  DS: Due 9/10/2018  <3

• @BusinessWife will the vaccine I wonder if it was called something different or given in a different combo.? And you are so nice to allow belly rubs and actually be okay with it!! Step-MIL ran up and rubbed my belly this weekend and I just gritted my teeth. 

@SkilledSailor  I hadn’t thought about flu shot! Though last time my DR said OB’s are in the first group to receive batches. Oye this worries me. I’d like baby to have something. 

• @nlc8424 Oh good to know! I had hoped that might be the case but wasn't sure. 
  • @SkilledSailor yup! Breastmilk is some superhero stuff!
  • @SkilledSailor, my OB said that they might have the flu shot available by August and to be sure that I check with them then.  If they don't have it by my last prenatal though, I'll just ask if they can administer it at my PP check-up. :)
  • Yeah, your flu shot is only good for six months, so getting it in August leaves you exposed on the tail end of peak flu season.
  • samd6samd6 member
    Super tardy to the party but @SkilledSailor if you are still looking for product spotlight suggestions baby monitors comes to mind. I couldn’t find it in the search.