TTC After a Loss

Maternal Floor Infarction/ Massive Perivillous Fibrin Deposition

Hi all. I've posted here and there on a few threads, but since I haven't seen anything on this I didn't want to hijack someone else's thread with these questions. I had a 2nd tri miscarriage at 16 weeks. My placenta was tested and it turns out I have a condition called maternal floor infarction/ massive perivillous fibrin deposition. Apparently, the placenta forms hardened tissue, or clots, and the baby can't get the nutrients that it needs. My baby died of severe intrauterine growth restriction because my placenta wasn't functioning properly. Some women have this as a result of thrombophilia or antipospholipid syndrome (APS) but I tested negative for both - and for most people, doctors have no idea why it happens. The chances of recurrence are very high so for any future pregnancy I will need to be on daily aspirin + daily shots of Lovenox. Treatment does help 80% of women but often babies are born with IUGR and/or delivered pre-term. Has anyone ever heard of this before? My mind is absolutely reeling.

Re: Maternal Floor Infarction/ Massive Perivillous Fibrin Deposition

• @obsessedwithoranges I have not heard of that before but I just wanted to let you know I’m sending you all the positive thoughts! I’m sure that was a hard diagnosis to receive. I hope that you are able to talk with someone who has some experience with this and that the treatment works well for you!!