December 2018 Moms

Due Date Check-In w/o 6/25 (12/9-12/16 edd)

1. How are you feeling? Any little baby kicks yet?

2. Rant/Rave/Questions? 

3. GTKY: Talk to me about your dream house - What are the must-haves? What style speaks to you? What is one thing you'd change about your current living situation if you could? Additional points for pictures. 
Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga

Re: Due Date Check-In w/o 6/25 (12/9-12/16 edd)

• 1. How are you feeling? Any little baby kicks yet?
    I feel pretty crummy. My tum is almost always upset. But I've also been feeling lots of flutters the last couple of days, which is SO COOL. Seriously the best part about being pregnant. 

2. Rant/Rave/Questions? 
    I'm really frustrated with my job. It seems like they can't be bothered to consider that my mom is dying, and I might not be able to commit to trips and whatnot for the next couple of month. Employees are people outside of work with real lives and feelings? Apparently brand new information here. 

3. GTKY: Talk to me about your dream house - What are the must-haves? What style speaks to you? What is one thing you'd change about your current living situation if you could? Additional points for pictures. 
    I'm drawn to mid-century modern homes, with lots of simple lines, tall ceilings, and big windows. I like the idea of more family-centered rooms, because I'd prefer to have us all hanging out in a central location instead of off in our own rooms doing our own things. 
    My biggest issue with our current house is the kitchen. It's so small that it's hard for us to all be in there at once. I'd like more of a communal space for cooking and eating, since we spend so much time doing that. 

Pictures that make me swoon

Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • Loading the player...
  • @PensiveCrayon a parade of homes sounds awesome. Was it an organized thing of homes for sale, or you two just did a lot of looking? Mh and I sometimes take walks on weekends to find open houses. Our own personal parade haha
    Still sick but possibly getting a bit better.  Feeling a few flutters which make it all worth it. Also my boobs are so tender all of a sudden which may be my least favorite pregnancy thing ever.

2. Rant/Rave/Questions? 
    Rant:  Hubs has an appointment today so he decided to take a personal day, but he woke the whole household up until he got settled between calling in, starting his computer and forgetting how loud the speakers were etc.  Now I've got cranky kids and a cranky self.

We currently live in a 2 br apartment above a garage with 3 kids and no bathtub.  So more bedrooms are a must.  I would love a dedicated homeschool room to keep things more organized.  Ideally, I'd love a family room and a living room so we can get the toys OUT of the living room.  A sewing/craft room or space would be lovely.  Currently, our master bedroom is full of what I call free-range yarn.  No carpet and newish windows are also a must as hubs and 2 of the munchkins have bad allergies. We're not too picky about styles as long as the space is useable.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • rosebud332rosebud332 member
    edited June 2018
    @runrinserepeat I’m sorry your employers are being twat waffles. The current work environment with no regard for personal life or balance is so shameful.

Feeling good...still cannot eat a lot in one sitting and then I’m immediately hungry again after eating. That being probably my worst symptom right now, I’ll call it a win. I think I have felt some movement in the last few days. It’s a lot different than my first pregnancy. More like little punches than swimming. Makes me wonder if the placenta is in a different place or something. 

2. Rant/Rave/Questions? 
    I went to target and basically bought out their maternity section. I really just needed a bunch of casual clothes that actually fit and I can wear outside the house and they had a good selection of that stuff. Now I’m happy and comfy!

I have put way too much thought into this. I love the modern country cozy look a la Joanna Gaines. Don’t judge me. I think it’s so cozy and lovely. Must haves include 3 bedrooms and 2 baths (2 toilets are non negotiable with the amount of time dh spends in there doing whatever it is he does). A kitchen that is not incredibly small like my current one, storage out the wazoo, and a backyard. We probably need a pool too for my special needs bil who will likely end up with us eventually, and the pool is his favorite thing ever. I would essentially change everything about my current living situation and that’s the plan, hopefully sooner rather than later. Bonus points for a home office of some kind, two living spaces (like a finished basement or something) and a library. Drool. Pics of rooms that make my heart pitter patter.

Edited because I accidentally put the same pic twice.

**June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • Sorry to post and ghost, I'll come back later, but lunch is almost over!!

Not too bad in general, pretty crappy today specifically though. And no kicks yet that I know of, which makes me think I have an anterior placenta again dammit. (For new mom's, not bad just can't feel kicks as early lol)

2. Rant/Rave/Questions? 

Definitely want a jet tub and nice nice sized master bathroom. Would love a shower big enough for two shower heads, nothing huge though, just comfortable enough for two people at once. A good sized kitchen with counter space!! My current kitchen isn't a bad size, but counter space is seriously lacking. I need a space for my sewing, whether it's my own room or a corner I don't care, but space. At least 4 bedrooms so we have a guest room (we're stopping after 2 kids). Wet bar would be nice! I used to bartend and I miss it, plus a space for a wine cooler/large wine shelf. Fenced in yard is a must, good lighting for indoor and outdoor plants (current house sucks for this). I can't think of anything else at the moment, but I'm sure there's more lol.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• @runrinserepeat I’m sorry that your employer is being a butt! Also, +1 for tall ceilings, I’ve been spoiled by them lately.

@PensiveCrayon We are trying to be more minimalist lately too! Too bad I am a closet maximalist and don’t see that changing. Otherwise we also want to retire in something small, with a dedicated library. We turned a spare bedroom into a library-office in our Kansas house and LOVED IT. 

@morgantu +1 for wooden floors and historic character! DH & I have a bad habit of buying old houses because new homes are just so…blasé.

@Boobopgirl New windows are such a luxury! My last home had new windows and I am already missing them…moved out of that house 10 days ago.

@rosebud332 Oh, pools are ambitious! Those are on our do-not-want list, but understandable if you have a good reason to consider one for your BIL :heart:

@CecilB93 …I think I just moved out of your dream house. It was far too large for us, but an investment property that we’ll likely sell in ten years or so. If photos are still on the property manager’s site - i’ll PM you the link :wink:

More headaches this week, but not bad enough to medicate myself. I thought I felt LO roll over under my hand, but it was probably gas. Not sure where my/his placenta is though - haven't had an ultrasound since week six.

2. Rant/Rave/Questions? 
    Nothing substantial. Houses are expensive, especially when you move into one that has more issues than originally discussed. Today we got a quote on sealing and drying out our too-wet basement - a cool $6,200. Still waiting on our worldly belongings to arrive, so we bought a card table and camping chairs to be our office. I'll be re-glossing our hardwoods on Thursday while the dogs are at the cleaners. Goodbye money, I hardly knew ye.

Muahaha. This is my wheelhouse. Luckily DH and I have enough overlapping style loves that I can mostly do what I like and he's on board. I'm a big ol' hoe for wood floors, big windows, white paint, Korean-style laundry rooms, high ceilings, crown molding, indoor plants, modern furniture & fittings, and the big one - exterior tile walls (we fell in love with them in Tokyo). Here are some favorite photos to drool over:

NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • @echo-charlietango right? I'm not really a fan of newer houses, although their aware corners and general predictability definitely have their place! Luckily, we live in an area full of older homes. Our house was built in 1910 and has original hardwoods, exposed brick, and leaded glass Windows. I freaking love this house. It's so little, but if we weren't having kids, we'd stay here forever. 
  • PensiveCrayonPensiveCrayon member
    edited June 2018
    @echo-charlietango The good thing about the military life is that it provides constant opportunity for paring down. Also, what is a Korean-style laundry room?

ETA @morgantu It was in my in-laws neighborhood -- I guess they build these homes, have the parade, and then people buy them? And like, sometimes they're not even finished? But these ones were, and furnished. We're not in the market for anything now, but the in-laws just wanted us to see what else was available in their neighborhood.
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • @echo-charlietango damn!!! I wish we were looking to buy!! We don't plan to move for a couple years at least lol.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• @morgantu Your current house sounds wonderful! Are your hardwoods the standard width or narrow? Our 1920s house (that we sold early last year) had wonderfully narrow hardwoods, I loved that look.

@PensiveCrayon Yes! I told DH that I want to try to get our HHG under 4,000 lbs - so if we got orders for Japan, we wouldn’t have to downsize. Currently we’re just under 8,000…so we’ve got a way to go.
    I couldn’t find a good resource, but what little I know is what I saw after one month in South Korea about ten years ago. Almost every home and apartment has a compact washer/dryer combo in the kitchen, and a little balcony for drying your clothes. I’m a big fan of tiny loads of laundry & line drying :heart:

@CecilB93 Well luckily we’re not selling that house for a while - it’s too good of a rental property to let go easily…at least for another nine-ten years. :wink:

Anniversary
  • @echo-charlietango they are the narrow ones! I love them! Last spring, we replaced the carpet in the bedroom (an addition) with hardwoods and of course couldn't find anything to match. But it still looks pretty good. Plus we did the install ourselves so I love it no matter What! 
  • @morgantu Aww yissss! DH removed the carpet in that house's master bedroom and got that floor cleaned up. Part of the carpet was CEMENTED to the wood (:heartbreak:), so we had to have those planks cut out & replaced. That was expensive, but so worth it for preserving that width. Jealous of your install - we're still a bit intimidated by DIY flooring, but we'll tackle it one day :smiley:

Anniversary
  • @echo-charlietangoit was actually not bad! MH is pretty handy, and I'm pretty good at being a helper. We got through it in one day, with no fights and no hospital trips! 
  • @Boobopgirl - I am so sorry your husband woke up the whole house! SO obnoxious!

@CecilB93 - Good lighting! Definitely a must for my house, too! Great point.

@echo-charlietango - Those photos! gorgeous! 

I'm feeling pretty good. Tired - but that could be because I'm taking a graduate class and driving 1.5 hours there and then back every day... plus I'm no longer sleeping well. Guess I should get used to it.

I thought I maybe felt a couple flutters, but I can't be sure.

2. Rant/Rave/Questions? 
    Anyone else having severely restless legs as you try to fall asleep!?

I have only had one ultrasound (NT scan at 12 weeks), and my next appt isn't until 18 weeks.  It's killing me! We've never heard the heartbeat either (only seen it on the scan). I am just going with the "everything's okay until it's not" mentality... 

Must-haves: large kitchen with space for both my husband and I to work in, 3 bedrooms, minimum of 2 bathrooms... I'd love a walkout basement.  I want a porch that gets sun. I'd love a master bedroom w/ bathroom. A laundry room and a mud room!
    I want something new. Not too picky about the style, but I'd love new.
    My current situation is a rental because both of us want to change jobs to better school districts... and that would require a move.  So, we're renting a lofted 1 bedroom for now. I'd rather put the money toward a mortgage, but that isn't possible right now.
  • @gordj87 Boop - sounds like I just moved out of your dream house too. The walkout basement is handy (but floods easily), the sunny porch is charming, and the master bedroom w/ bathroom is amazing :wink: 
    I haven't had the restless legs, but a cousin of mine swore by sleeping with a bar of soap at the feet. I think it's 100 percent un-scientific BS, but she swore that it worked. *shrugs shoulders* She also thinks that a half onion in a room magically cleans the air.

Anniversary
    Pretty crappy still, but YES! Even DH felt her! 

2. Rant/Rave/Questions? 
    I’ struggling sooo bad with anxiety. I’m being treated, but nothing is helping yet.

We currently rent, we have a preapproval, and are starting to look. Must have is a large tub. I dont have a lot of preferences, as this is new. But I love white kitchens.