September 2018 Moms

Deals, Steals, and Freebies

Re: Deals, Steals, and Freebies

• @Wishilivedinflorida - I'm intrigued by the seamless bra. Any chance that's the one you have? If so, does it provide a decent amount of support?
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • @DanyTargaryen Yes, that’s the one I like! I ended up settling down to a 36 D/DD postpartum last time and the size Large did well for me. There’s no underwire (which isn’t recommended for BFing anyway) and it was decently supportive and comfy. I wore them at home and nursed in them as well. Over time the padding gets worn from scrunching the flap down to pump and washing, hence me buying a new batch. The old ones I have are usable, but the prices were too good to pass up. 

I havent tried anything but the seamless bra, so I can’t speak to how supportive the others or the camis would be, but that one seemed to provide the most “structure” for bigger breasts just by judging by the pictures. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks @Wishilivedinflorida! I'm debating buying one to try out, which unfortunately means by the time I make up my mind on more the sale will probably be over, but I definitely feel like I need more support than what I get from the tanks and nursing bras I already have so maybe I'll give one a shot.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
  • @DanyTargaryen They are on amazon as well and qualify for completion discount if you are going that route as well...not quite as good a price but still better than $38
  • Thanks @Wishilivedinflorida I was looking for some recs.  I am a FTM, so I have zero clue what size...I was going to email with Kindred and see if they had any estimates on sizing, so maybe I could transfer that.  So many ladies talk about their boobs growing during pregnancy, mine only have a little bit.  

• @DanyTargaryen They are on amazon as well and qualify for completion discount if you are going that route as well...not quite as good a price but still better than $38
    Oh awesome. Thanks!
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
  • nackienackie member
    @Lisa113 last time around, mine didn’t grow at all until after my milk came in and even then, I only needed to go up one cup size. It looks like this time around is going to be the same. You’re not alone in that department!
  • Still no date, but Prime Day 2018 has a webpage now so maybe we'll get the date soon.

https://www.amazon.com/Prime-Day/b?ie=UTF8&node=13887280011
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
  • I keep seeing July 16-17 as the speculation and July 16 is my Amazon registry completion discount day so I am getting really excited over here! We really need to decide on a crib and a dresser ASAP! 
  • @nackie somehow I missed this notification.  Thank you, that makes me feel better!  

• New Target promo: spend $100 on baby care items, get $30 gift card!
  • runninginvarunninginva member
    edited July 2018
    @afineskyline, that's awesome! I wonder how long that deal's going.

*edited: Haha, just checked. It goes until 7/14 in case anyone's wondering.
  • jumpy57jumpy57 member
    edited July 2018
    If anyone lives near a younkers that is closing they actually have some maternity clothes in stock 70% off, nursing bras 50% off, and petunia pickle bottom diaper bags 40% off

ETA looks like they sell online as well
  • @DanyTargaryen thanks!  I missed that one!!

• DockATots and Bravado nursing camis/bras are on sale in the Nordstrom anniversary sale! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • But whhhhhy can't it count towards my baby bucks, Amazon!?
  • @patience7150 Right?! That part annoyed me but for 35% off, I wasn't about to fight it.
  • Cloth diaper deal! Everything at Fluffy Penguin is 30% off right now! I just got 9 newborn AIOs and a pod for $50 (including shipping) 
    Code is penguinday https://www.thefluffypenguincompany.com/
  • @stothi that’s so cute! I’ve done a couple of their mystery bag sales and have always ended up with just plain ol’ grey 
  • Amazon is being so glitchy right now! Prime Day is starting and today is my completion discount day and my registry has disappeared and I can't search for anything on Amazon - phone or computer. I will try again soon, I just needed to vent here so I don't scream at work! 
  • nackienackie member
    @magnolia209 I’m having the same issue!  I’m watching over a dozen lightening deals, but I can’t get to any of them or my registry. So frustrating!
  • ^same. So annoying! I’ve waited so long for this!
  • I'm having the same problems with Amazon. Everything I had in my cart is gone too.
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
  • I will join the group currently swearing at Amazon
  • magnolia209magnolia209 member
    edited July 2018
    Grrr!!!! To make matters worse, my shower invites just went out this weekend so people are missing out on getting stuff off my registry  at a deal today! 
  • I haven't gotten home yet to check, but I have heard lots of people having trouble today :/  they were talking about it on the radio.
  • Target's having a big sale today. 30% off Graco. If you're still looking for a car seat, the Extend2Fit convertible car seat in Spire is $100. 
    Me: 33 DH: 31 Baby: 9/2/2018 BabyFruit Ticker

• For anyone considering cord blood banking, dh has been doing extensive research. Cord blood registry and alphacord came out as the top 2 worth pursuing. 

AlphaCord is running a special this month $700 off!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

bfp#1-10/29/12,EDD: 7/3/13. nothing found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 12/10/12. "Bean"

bfp#2-5/10/13! EDD: 1/18/14. "Peanut" Arrived 1/13/14. Diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis

bfp#3- 9/26/14. EDD: 5/7/15. no heartbeat found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 10/23/14. "Little Bug"

**Psalm 139:16**

• Target is offering $15 gift cards when you spend $75 on baby essentials like diapers, wipes, and a few other things. 
  • @southernlady07 yaaaaasssssss thank you!!!!!! I needed better sleep bras (mine are all cheap and terrible)
  • Baby Discount Code can be used at all sites
    PTThanks17

www.carseatcanopy.com  $50.00 OFF

www.sevenbaby.com   $40.00 OFF

www.nursingpillow.com   $40.00 OFF

www.milkbands.com $35.00 OFF

www.hotslings.com  $30.00 OFF 

www.babyleggings.com  $50.00 OFF

www.breastpads.com $35.00 OFF

www.rufflebuns.com  $60.00 OFF

www.babsybooks.com  $40.00 OFF

'www.hothips.com  $60.00 OFF

www.eskimokids.com $35.00 OFF

www.icoil.com  $30.00 OFF 

www.littlefans.com $35.00 OFF

• For other moms who really really love underwire bras but have a small ribcage and huge breasts so you can't buy nursing bras at "traditional" or big box retailers like me, here's my absolute favorite underwire nursing bra for more than half off right now!!! $25 for a normally $55 bra (which is a good price when you're a 32H that's able to adjust to make a 34G fit. https://www.bravadodesigns.com/us/collections/underwire-nursing-bras/products/allure-nursing-bra?variant=1175328789
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Vitamins on sale at Walgreens! Buy one get one 50% off (the one by be also sells Calm)