November 2018 Moms

High Risk Check-in w/o 6/27

Hey, y'all! This is a check-in for those of us that are high risk. Whether you've known from the beginning or were just told, this a place to get some extra support. High Risk pregnancies bring an added level of stress and fear to an already stressful time, so use this as your safe space. It should go without saying, but I will, a lot of this thread thread will be TW, so there is no need to use them. We've either all been through this or are navigating together. So let's support each other as we navigate the craziness of a high risk pregnancy. 

1. How far along are you? EDD?

2. Why are you high risk? How many weeks were you when you found out?

3. What is your protocol? I.E. extra monitoring, early delivery, etc.

4. How are you? Use this as your rant/rave/screw this whole situation post.

GTKY: What is your favorite way to relax and de-stress?

Re: High Risk Check-in w/o 6/27

• 1. How far along are you? EDD? 18w - 11/28

2. Why are you high risk? How many weeks were you when you found out? Twin pregnancy (found out at 8 weeks), previous preterm birth (knew going into this), and some other things. 

3. What is your protocol? I.E. extra monitoring, early delivery, etc. Delivering early, lots of monitoring.

4. How are you? Use this as your rant/rave/screw this whole situation post. I am enormous and tired, but I figure I'm about halfway done!

Nap. I'm not very exciting these days!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1. How far along are you? EDD? 
    21+4

Two pre term labors and straight away

3. What is your protocol? I.E. extra monitoring, early delivery, etc. extra monitoring, they decided to skip bi weekly and go straight to weekly appointments at 30 weeks, I also just got put on a list of restrictions. Our goal is to keep him put until 34 weeks, I am sooooo hoping, praying, wishing we can go longer though.

4. How are you? Use this as your rant/rave/screw this whole situation post. i am doing ok, my weight restriction is making life hard though. I have always been so independent and it’s so frustrating to have to rely so heavily on other other people.

sleep, I seriously love sleeping lol
    nws
  • Loading the player...
  • This whole post is probably TW.

1. How far along are you? EDD? 
    18w1d, EDD 21 November.

2. Why are you high risk? How many weeks were you when you found out?  I have a mechanical mitral valve and have known from the start that I would be high risk. Last week I found that I have a large subchorionic hematoma sitting over my cervix.  Today's ultrasound showed that the amnion and chorion (the two membranes that make up the amniotic sac) have separated.

3. What is your protocol? I.E. extra monitoring, early delivery, etc.  I have been on extra monitoring from the start, but it has really ramped up now with the additional complications. I’m having weekly ultrasounds and visits with my OB. Also seeing my cardiologist at least every 4 weeks for monitoring.

I have been on bed rest at home for the last 10 days or so.  After today's visit with the OB, it's more bed rest, until I get to 28 weeks or the baby is born, whichever comes sooner.  Just have to wait, hope no infection develops, and that baby stays put as long as possible.  Delivery will be induced at 38 weeks, if I make it that far.

4. How are you? Use this as your rant/rave/screw this whole situation post.  Feeling quite worried, not surprisingly.  Hoping that I can hold on to this baby long enough for her to be viable.  It feels particularly cruel because baby looks totally perfect and really active in all the ultrasounds.  Also worried about not really being able to work for the next 9 weeks.  My work has been great so far, and I'm lucky to (a) be in a good financial position after saving for a few years before getting pregnant and (b) living in a country with paid parental leave, but I don't really know how this situation is going to play out.

GTKY: What is your favorite way to relax and de-stress? I love sewing.  I mostly make quilts, and sometimes clothes.  I'm nearly done on a quilt for the baby, and I just started a birth announcement cross-stitch for her too.  Happy that I have still do at least one of my hobbies while I'm on bed rest.
  • @stitchnz i’m thinking of you and little one in your situation right now. sending positive thoughts from the other side of the world that baby stays put for as long as possible. 
    20+4. Nov. 11

I had ICP and pre-E with ds along with preterm labor and delivery.

It looks like I'm going in every two weeks for blood pressure checks and maybe u/s. Once a month labs. I won't go past 37 weeks, but will probably deliver earlier than that. I expect to start bi-weekly NSTs and once weekly BPPs by the end of second tri.

I'm ok, I think. It's unnerving to be treated like I have pre-E even tho my blood pressure is great. I would rather be productive about it. I tend to be fine one day and deathly ill the next, so I know why my Dr is being overly cautious. 

I will either sing or read and if it's really bad, I will do both. Haha
  • @stitchnz I'm so sorry you are dealing with this. Praying that you can hold on to baby for a while and that there are no infections. As far as work goes, is it possible for you to work from home?
  • @stitchnz I'm so sorry this is happening! I hope bedrest isn't causing too much of a hardship on you and your family. Praying for you and for little one to stay put as long as heathily possible. :heart:
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    19+4, 11/18
    Type 2 diabetic, history of preterm labor. I knew right away! 
    Extra monitoring and progesterone shots. My next OB appointment is next week and I'm going to ask if we can start the weekly cervical measurements @ 28 weeks, since I had my son at 29 weeks. 
    So tired lately. Worse than first trimester tired. I thought this was supposed to the point where I got energy back?? 
    GTKY: What is your favorite way to relax and de-stress? Sleeping,or playing a game. Recently started playing Stardew Valley and I like it. I just hate that I'll have to give it up when I go back to work in August! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • ginny_203ginny_203 member
    edited June 2018
    @stitchnz thinking of you and your little one! Hang in there! <3 How do your Lovenox injections affect your SCH? 

1. How far along are you? EDD? 18+2, 11/27

2. Why are you high risk? How many weeks were you when you found out? Risk of blood clots, have known since pre-conception

3. What is your protocol? I.E. extra monitoring, early delivery, etc. Daily injections, extra monitoring.

4. How are you? Use this as your rant/rave/screw this whole situation post. So far, so good. I live several states away from all of my family and we are heading in for the weekend, so I'm excited for that. My brother was a nuclear physicist in the Navy and passed away of a GBM (brain tumor) a few years ago when he was 28, leaving behind a wife and 1 1/2 year-old daughter. Every year around the 4th we have a memorial golf tournament to raise funds to provide a scholarship to a local student who has lost a parent. Although I'm not golfing this year, I'm excited to see everyone and to give the scholarships to the recipients (twin girls who lost their father during their senior year of high school). It's a great reason for everyone to get together and cathartic for us all to get together doing something good for someone else, in remembrance of him as he was an avid golfer. My niece (now 5) is super excited that I've got a "baby girl in my belly" :) 

I love reading and spending time with friends and family. ETA going to the spa, I don't know how I could have possibly forgotten that! 
  • @highsteaks @middleschoolmommy thank you!

@wildrainbow thank you!  I can do some work from home, but not my whole job.  I work in New Zealand's Parliament, which is a combination of the legislature and the executive (we're a small country, so we have a unicameral system of government).  It's a pretty fast paced environment and although I can deal with a lot of stuff by email, there's an element of the job that you really have to be present in the building for - lots of talking to the right people at the right time, etc.  My time in that role was coming to an end in July anyway, so I'm guessing that my manager will just try and bring forward my replacement, maybe with me providing a bit of remote gap cover in the interim.

@ginny_203 thank you!  My OB said that the Lovenox didn't increase my risk of having bleeding in the first place (given that we had been keeping within the therapeutic range), but that it increased the amount of bleeding I had.  The doctors have dropped my dose back slightly to try and manage the bleeding risk, but I can't stop taking it entirely because my risk of having a stroke / blood clot is too high.
  • @ginny_203 sounds like a great weekend ahead.  How wonderful that you and your family have been able to create something so joyful and positive out of tragedy.  Speaking of going to the spa, I have a pregnancy massage scheduled for the start of next week (after checking with my midwife that it would be ok) and I am so looking forward to it.
  • @stitchnz I had one last weekend and it was heavenly! I liked being propped up on the wedge during the prenatal massage even better than being flat on my back during a normal massage. ENJOY!! :) 
  • I don't know if I ever shared it here, but I don't have to do progesterone shots. I'm so thrilled! They gave me nasty hot flashes and going to weekly appointments was rough. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @KellyT22 They are definitely an inconvenience!  We work longer days Monday - Thursday and we are off on Fridays.  I have to use my day off to go to the appointments or us all of my sick time to get the injection.  They don't have a clinic near my office or I could take it during my lunch.  Last weeks shot didn't hurt too bad after about 30 minutes, but I am already over them!
    Me: 43  Hubs: 42 
    Married My BFF 3/22/10
    3 Beautiful Girls: 17, 21, 23 (previous marriage)
    Tubal Reveral: 10/12
    Ecoptic: 3/13 (Lost Right Tube, Left Tube Blocked)
    IVF #1: 3/14  = BFN 
    IVF #2: 3/15  = BFN
    IVF #3: 6/15  = BFN
    FET#1: 11/17 = BFN
    Endometrial Scratch: 2/18
    FET #2: 3/18  = BFP! 
    Pregnancy Ticker