September 2018 Moms

Symptoms & Questions | Week of June 25th

Re: Symptoms & Questions | Week of June 25th

• @sclarke7 thanks for the input.  I am still teaching classes.  TMI, when I teach classes I wear athleta spandex capris, so I don't wear underwear.   When I go walking in shorts I wear cotton granny panties, which I think can still be irritating my lady parts. I sweat a lot done there (I always have, I googled and now freaked myself out if it could be amniotic fluid, but I am only sweaty down there when activity moving or when it is ungodly hot out)  Since using A&D ointment, things have been a bit better.  I feel like a pretty big moron that at 36 years old I never put together that OTC yeast treatment may make my lady parts super sensitive and that is probably what is going on.  I was always told, don't put anything down there but water!!!  The A&D is helping. Tomorrow I have an appointment so I am sure they will do a quick check.  
  • @klj0228 I'm planning to install it a week before my EDD this time, because MH still isn't comfortable doing the installs. If needed we can do it together before we go to the hospital, though - as in, I'll tell him where to put the belt and where to tighten and he'll do all the work.

The first time, we went to a car seat clinic that was about 1 month before I was due. I can't remember if we left the base in the whole time after that or took it out and re-installed... This time I'm fully comfortable that I know how to install them so I'm fine waiting.

@samd6 Yes! I have this single dark hair that grows near my belly button now (started during pregnancy with DD1), and lately I've had these bushy "sideburns"... I actually shaved the sides of my face the other day because the hair is light but it was so long it was glowing in the sunlight and totally obvious. I felt like I was trying to grow a mane or something.
    2/13 Blighted ovum, D&C -- 6/13 MC -- 8/14 DD born -- 3/17 MC -- 9/18 DD2 born
    Expecting again -- EDD 7/27/20
  • Loading the player...
  • Ugg I ache all over. I'm getting crazy leg cramps (haven't had them too bad up until now) and my back and neck feel stiff. My lower abdomon feels uncomfortable and a little crampy (but more like round ligaments pains than concerning cramps). My head hurts. i'm so tired. Is this just 3rd trimester hitting me hard? I swear, I was feeling great last week! I have a dr. appoinment tomorrow and I'm sure she is just going to tell me that is all normal pregnancy stuff. I'm just complaining here. And, yes, I definitely feel dehydrated. But, I'm drinking so much water and peeing all the time! 
  • @magnolia209 me too! My belly was extra sore today, I assume from baby kicks and stretching or growth spurt. When I start getting foot cramps I drink more Gatorade (or equivalent) and that helps a lot
  • dexniedexnie member
    @samd6 you are not alone. I have so much hair on my belly that Ive had to shave it for 2-3 weeks now. 
  • @nlc8424 Ughhh. Nighttime is the worst for me with him pushing his whole body out as far as it can go. It's so uncomfortable! 

I've started having RLS some nights, which I had with DD too. Nooo fun.
    Me: 32   DH: 32
    BFP #1: 1/23/2012  DD: Born 9/20/2012  <3
    BFP #2: 12/30/2017  DS: Due 9/10/2018  <3

• @magnolia209 Me three! Especially when trying to sleep. Half my aches turn into a pain, then a numbness. Usually pretty much my entire lower body. Is it September yet?
  • @samd6 Yes. So much extra hair. On my neck, chest, stomach. Everywhere. When I was pregnant with DD, DH leaned in really close to my chest and then plucked off a freaking chest hair. I nearly died of embarrassment.

I also seem to keep whatever new hairs crop up during pregnancy.

@klj0228 I'd install it around 37 weeks? We procrastinated and let me tell you that you do not want to be trying to install a car seat in a hospital parking lot. DD ended up having an extended hospital stay, so we ultimately just made an appt with the local fire department and they installed it for us.
  • @magnolia209 if you aren't a fan of Gatorade the G2 line is a little thinner, or I cut it with water. You could also try Powerade or propel or a diy electrolyte drink
  • starlastarla member
    EErin86 said:
    @magnolia209 if you aren't a fan of Gatorade the G2 line is a little thinner, or I cut it with water. You could also try Powerade or propel or a diy electrolyte drink
    G2 also has less sugar than the regular Gatorade. 
    Me: 34 | DH: 33
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    BFP Jan. 15, 2017; MMC Mar. 4, 2017 at 10w6d
    BFP Jun. 5, 2017; MMC Aug. 2, 2017 at 11w6d
    BFP Nov. 20, 2017; ended in CP
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.
    BFP Dec. 25, 2017; EDD Sep. 5, 2018; DD arrived Aug. 26th
    My chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/63f71d

• I'm relieved I'm not the only one with extra hair growing! 

Seems like with the start of third trimester my morning sickness has returned...so far all day, every day...but fortunately I haven't actually thrown up yet- just had a few close calls. It's actually worse than it was first trimester. Hoping this is short lived and not life until September.
  • +1 for becoming hairy lol. I have always had a lot of dark hair, but yeah, it’s spreading lol. I use wax strips on my stomach...I mean, when I’m not too lazy. I haven’t in a couple months so it is what it is. Also I have serious facial hair now. Yeah, this is fun lol. 
  • starlastarla member
    @Car0liiine That's interesting! I've definitely felt what you're describing. I'll have to pay closer attention.
    @SkilledSailor My doctor's office will remove them for a fee. I already had a couple on my armpit as well, but now I have a bunch of tiny ones right by my armpit. Ugh! I'll see how big they get and may get them removed after LO arrives. I think the key is to not pick or irritate them. It's hard with the ones that are on my actual armpit though because I can't avoid them when I shave. :/
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.

• @starla That sounds like an annoying location! Does it hurt to shave over them? Mine is on my hip bone so while I don't purposefully mess with it, it's right on my underwear/jean line so there's not much I can do about friction. 
  • @magnolia209 - I don't like full strength Gatorade at all so I always water it down, roughly 1/2 and 1/2. You're still getting the vitamins/minerals (granted it takes longer to get the same amount), but the taste is a lot better.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • starlastarla member
    @SkilledSailor No it doesn't hurt and miraculously I don't cut it with the blade, but I'm always paranoid about doing that.
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***

• stothistothi member
    @jjess1201 I try to be open and respectful of my husband's thoughts and wishes about parenting but breastfeeding is the one time that I across the board say the menfolk can shut their pieholes and GTFO with their opinions. They can think whatever they want but since they can't actually do or experience any of what it takes to breastfeed, they can shut right the hell up. Personally I would shut those conversations down immediately. But I have no time for people who want to talk the talk but won't or can't walk the walk. 

My husband and son did lots of skin to skin cuddles and I have this video (that I don't remember taking) from when my baby was maybe a week or 2 old, where he started scooching/crawling up my husband and rooting for a nipple when he got hungry. I swear if my husband had let him, kiddo would have latched on and tried to nurse. So yeah, I think if your husband is so keen for the baby to be breastfed go ahead and get the man a supplemental nursing system and he can nurse that baby with your pumped milk or donor milk. 

Btw- did your lactation consultant suggest or did you ever consider a supplemental nursing system? Did anyone else here use one? I definitely don't want one more thing to wash, but I remember wondering last time if it would save me any time or frustration to use one with formula while I nursed so that I only had to feed my baby once instead of nursing both sides and then giving a bottle. 
  • @klj0228 fun story, the first time DD did this was exactly 10 weeks before my due date, and she was here 8.5 weeks later. I only remember this because we sent to get spicy food to get her to move off my cervix and it was kind of a funny day. Saturday is 10 weeks until my due date :) 
  • @ashh2018 I feel that way about Tylenol too, why do we do this to ourselves?! It’s totallly  fine, especially when used sparingly, but I’m sitting here in pain (serious sciatica thing going on this week( resisting Tylenol and telling myself I can get through it). I’m going to take some too!
  • @MandyMost I hope you feel better! You’re right, we are suffering for no reason! 
  • @ashh2018  can you order the wrist braces to sleep in?  That has helped my wrist a lot.  It still gets achey, but it's not nearly as painful as it was before, or going numb as often.  I'm sorry you're suffering :/
  • @ashh2018 did the Tylenol help at all yesterday? I am certain that gummy bears will absolutely fix it.
  • @ashh2018  yes!  The gummy bears will definitely help!  :D
  • @klj0228 I hate to admit it but I’m not even sure if they Tylenol helped. I had myself worked up into such a shitty mood at work that I wasn’t even focused just on the specific pain anymore haha. If it is unbearable over the weekend I may try again to see if it helps. Since the main cause would be inflammation I’m not sure it would make a big difference, I really need something like ibuprofen..sigh... lol
  • @ashh2018 of course! By the time you are able to take ibuprofen again you probably won’t need it!

Is anyone else having trouble breathing? I sometimes feel like my belly is so “full” that I can’t breathe. I want to take huge deep breaths and fill my lungs with air. I have laid flat on my back a couple times today for very short times just so I could get some good deep breaths in.
  • @klj0228 - Yes. I tend to notice it most towards the end of the day at work or sitting on the couch at night. That same "full" feeling squishing my lungs. Not the most comfortable feeling. I actually start most nights in bed on my back still because trying to lay on my side too quickly gives me the same feeling.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • stothistothi member
    @klj0228 yup. Totally can't catch my breath. Just another fun pregnancy symptom! Baby crowds out your guts and then your guts crowd out your lungs, plus extra weight hanging off your front and damn it gets hard to breathe.