Pregnant after IF
Options

Postpartum bod

Squishy middle anyone? I suffered from an eating disorder in college that led me to under 100 lbs (and I still 'felt' fat). I had been doing sooo well after I met and married my husband since he wouldn't let play my food games (making a big dinner and eating nothing, for example). So I got to a more normal weight....and then IF. I gained more than I would like on the meds (and the med my doc put me on after the MMC for depression -- off that now -- but that makes you basically hungry ALL THE TIME). I'm taking baby on walks and working myself up to some indoor routines, but I'm terrified that I'm going to become obsessive over food again. Finding clothes that fit well and are flattering would help sooo much. I fit into my old jeans (mostly; they're a bit snug but nothing horrid) but the squish in my belly makes all of my old clothes look terrible and the C-section apron gives me a huge "bulge" in my lower belly area from all the extra skin/fat/etc. Any tips for clothes that are flattering? I got an Amazon prime wardrobe box last week and did find some good things, but most of them are just 'wear around the house' stuff.  :-(  I really need some outfits for day to day wear and business meetings >.<
~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
Fall 2012 -- started TTC
Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

Re: Postpartum bod

• Options
    JWatt5JWatt5 member
    Forever 21 has a bunch of pants that have “slimming tops” but honestly, long before pregnancy and all, I’ve loved Spanx. If you get fitted right, they aren’t uncomfortable. That being said...give yourself some time!! You’re bod will come back! I’ve taken up Pelvic Floor Physio which also works the hidden abdominals that may be responsible for some odd shapes (don’t do crunches right now!! So bad for post partum Boda) and it’s been great - plus it’s billed through my insurance! Look in to it! 
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• Options
    @mbradfo2 I got the c-section apron belly too. How about a loose, flowy top? I’ve always had an apple-shaped figure (pudgy mid section argh) and I’ve preferred wearing a flowy top and a slim bottom to hide my pudge.
    Me: 41  DH: 46
    Unexplained infertility/AMA, polycystic ovaries, insulin resistance
    FET#1(July 2017): eSET of first of 4 PGS-normal embryos, DS born 3/30/2018
    FET#2(Oct/Nov 2019): eSET  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mbradfo2 It definitely takes a while for the loose skin to firm back up. It's really hard to be patient and not get frustrated with how you look. I got reminded that it was 9 months of stretching your skin out during pregnancy, it's going to take time for it to un-stretch. 
  • Options
    Aera11Aera11 member
    @mbradfo2 do you wear some kind of belly band underneath any of your clothes?  The hospital gave me one so I didn't need to buy one, but it honestly makes me feel like things are 'tighter' and smoother underneath my clothes.  I am only 3 weeks postpartum with a c-section as well & I am just starting to wear regular clothes again.  Luckily it is summer now so maybe try looser dresses!  I have one pair of maternity jean shorts that are really cute & I am not opposed to wearing those this summer if they are more comfortable; the last thing I want is anything digging into my scar.
  • Options
    I’m a month post birth tomorrow and after birth I instantly lost about 20 pounds but I gained about 45 being pregnant and haven’t lost pound since... I think it’s due also to not being able to breastfeed. It’s difficult and I still feel pretty large and have a belly. Ugh. Nothing fits either. 
    TTC 4 years. 7 failed IUI's with either Clomid, Femara and/or Trigger Shots. Started IVF journey in February 2017. Polyps removed in May. 1st IVF Transfer September 26th. BFP. Expected due date 6/14/18. Baby boy born 5/25/18 at 6 lb 9 oz. My bundle of joy. 
  • Options
    My friend who works in a plastic surgeon office said the women there all used compression garments to help things get back to together after a birth. Sounds similar to the belly band though?
    TTC since May 2013
    Mild PCOS, Compound Heterozygous MTHFR
    No Folic acid/pharmaceuticals/supplements (too many to list- private message me if interested), IVIL infusion
  • Options
    @Holls214 I'm in a similar spot - I lost about 15 lbs when I delivered but between fertility treatments, new meds and pregnancy, I've gained 30 in the past two years (incl. preg). And it's just being very stubborn.

Maternity leave didn't help much since little baby couldn't go out much until 6 weeks :expressionless:

I got a box of new clothes to try out from amazon wardrobe and it helped a bit (I love fashion >.>). I got these very comfy leggings with a nice band for your middle which helps smooth things out. As long as I can smooth it out, I'm more okay with it - the C/S apron was just sticking out extra :expressionless: And tunic tops or tops with empire waists are my friends.

I got another bellyband thing that's for after birth, but my incision is still occasionally odd-feeling (I still don't have normal feeling there and so it just feels off), making the compression garment a little uncomfortable to wear. I figure I'll focus on eating better and taking baby out regularly for strolls/shopping/visits and that should help. -pout-
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks

TTC #2
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

• Options
    Yeah I feel you there. I was almost more comfortable with my body being pregnant then I am now. 
    What brand are these leggings? I just bought another Nike pair yesterday in a bigger size that for fairly well but I need another option as well. I also ordered a belly band too. 
    Yeah more outings is my plan as well. I agree that as long as it can be smoothed out it’s better. 
    TTC 4 years. 7 failed IUI's with either Clomid, Femara and/or Trigger Shots. Started IVF journey in February 2017. Polyps removed in May. 1st IVF Transfer September 26th. BFP. Expected due date 6/14/18. Baby boy born 5/25/18 at 6 lb 9 oz. My bundle of joy. 
  • Options
    The brand is Daily Ritual -- i think they're yoga or exercise pants?? - but their soft 2-pack leggings are sooo comfy. They also make jeggings if you want to branch out. I got them on Amazon...like everything else I own. :"p

Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• Options
    I was given an abdominal binder to wear from the hospital after my c-section to keep the belly tight against my body and help with the healing.  It helped with the pain and also kept my belly looking smooth(er).  My belly steadily shrunk in size from 3 day post-partum to about 6 weeks post-partum, and then at that point I stopped wearing it as I thought the binder added more bulk under my shirt than not wearing one. Maybe it was a bad idea to stop wearing it because my belly has stopped shrinking and has been the same size since 6 weeks (now it's been 12 weeks pp).

I have a pair of yoga pants from Athleta that keeps my belly flat without being uncomfortable on my incision. Unfortunately that particular pants is no longer available but there are similar ones, so maybe I’ll stock up a few. 
    Me: 41  DH: 46
    Unexplained infertility/AMA, polycystic ovaries, insulin resistance
    FET#1(July 2017): eSET of first of 4 PGS-normal embryos, DS born 3/30/2018
    FET#2(Oct/Nov 2019): eSET  
  • Options
    I'll have to check out that brand. And I think I just need a different bellyband; the one I bought is not designed with a c/s incision in mind at all. And now she's more bouncy so we go out and about at least once or twice a day which should help my flabby belly ha ha.  Although people seem to think we're odd bringing her around to places and say things like, "you're brave!". She's an easy going baby so as long as she's fed, she's usually good for a couple hours. And she likes seeing all different people and places.
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2