Trying to Get Pregnant

GTKY Tues 6/26

What is your signature dish? If you're not particularly known for a dish, what would you bring to a potluck? 
*TW*
Me: 38 DH: 41
Married: 2016
BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19

Re: GTKY Tues 6/26

• We always bring cupcakes if we're going somewhere. But at home, it's a seared strip steak (cast iron pan), fluffy whipped potatoes with cream, and grilled corn on the cob. 
    *TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Vodka Sauce and Key Lime Pie. I made 4 key lime pies for my wedding, so that recipe has a special place in my heart.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Loading the player...
  • A Spinach and Artichoke with Rotel Cheese Dip
    its always the first thing gone at the party!! 
    Married: 6.28.14
    TTC #1: 2.1.15
    BFP: 2.23.15 EDD: 11.6.15  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @catlady2015 What are your cupcakes of choice? Making me hungry!
    @meggyme Love key lime pie. DH does not though, it makes me sad. 
    @happylife7 That sounds good. 

DH loves my potato salad, have to make a special way just for him. That goes pretty quickly. Otherwise always a dessert from me. Milk tart, cakes of some sort. 
  • Oh man, I am not a good cook haha. DH is the cook in our house. I am really good at making eggs (scrambled, fried, hard boiled, deviled), they all come out basically perfect. I do make a really good banana bread that I’ve tweaked the recipe for over the years, so I guess that’s pretty good. 
    *TW*

Me: 31 Him: 32

BFP #1 12/30/15 - CP

BFP #2 3/11/16 - DD born 11/16

TFAS since April 2018

• For the in laws I make sweet and spicy meatballs and dh stole my roasted potatoes so everyone thinks he makes them. My family side is banana pudding. 
  • Yum. All this food is making me hungry. Especially the key lime pie @meggyme

I literally never cook, but DH is amazing. Sometimes I think he should open a food truck. His specialty is anything smoked and he is known for throwing some great bbq's! My favorite is his smoked salmon. 
  • All this is making me hungry! 
    I don't know that I have a signature dish, I love to cook so I tend to experiment a lot. Maybe stuffed shells or lasagna. 
  • The key lime is a pretty easy recipe: https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/key-lime-pie-108125
    4 egg yolks, 4 limes zested and juiced. I use regular limes instead of key limes because they're less sickeningly sweet. I also add powdered sugar, vanilla, nutmeg and cinnamon to the whipped cream, but otherwise the recipe is the same. When I'm in a hurry I just buy a pie crust, but the homemade is easy to do and well worth it.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • I'm usually in charge of desserts. Cupcakes, trifle, cookies (M&M are the BEST!!), pie, cobbler, etc. My MIL makes a great "Margarita Pie" that I have also made. Great for summer!
  • Dessert. I'm always on dessert. Cupcakes, trifles, random things I find online. If I do something not dessert, it will be some form of pulled and bbq meet (pork or chicken).
  • I usually make scalloped corn or grape salad for Thanksgiving. That’s all I can think
    of that would be a “signature dish.” We use a meal delivery service for most of our meals at home which is a life saver! 
  • @nitnat007 - the staple is french vanilla cupcakes with a whipped vanilla buttercream frosting. I know it sounds like vanilla on vanilla, but there's definitely discernible flavors to each vanilla component so they're very complementary! DH also makes these chocolate cupcakes with a peanut butter frosting that are crowd-pleasers. 
    *TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • My mouth is watering reading about all the yummy food! I make a really good beer bread and beer cheese soup. I like making soups in general, even in summer!
  • Baked brie. It's SO easy and SO delicious. Everyone thinks I'm a genus or something when I bring it to parties. Always the first thing gone. Actually, I usually have to make two because my husband will eat the entire dish and no one at the party will get any. 

It's just pie dough wrapped around a wheel of brie, then baked, then some sort of jam or honey on top. I serve it  with crackers. Sometimes I'll make fun little shapes out of the pie dough to go on top, for the illusion of fancy :) 
  • vl_16vl_16 member
    @meggyme Key Lime Pie is my favorite! Thank you for the recipe!
    @nomangos23 I've never tried to make my own baked brie. I'll have to try it out. 

I don't know if I have a signature dish but I love making Alton Brown's from scratch green bean casserole. I like to do a big Thanksgiving or Christmas-like dinner once a year, even if we don't host. And we eat that dish up. 
  • I’m so not a cook. So I either bring Ghirardelli brownies or this dip called Disappearing Chicken Dip
  • Wow, this is making me really wish I wasn’t eating crappy microwave food from the cafeteria right now. 

My signature dish is spaghetti with ground turkey. It’s basic, but everyone likes it and I make a bunch of sauce at once to freeze for quick dinners. 

For special occasions, I make enchiladas, lasagna, or tostones and pastalillos (sp?). Pastalillos are kind of a Puerto Rican version of an empanada. Ground beef, green olives, and seasonings wrapped in egg roll paper and deep fried. 
  • Green bean casserole and pies. That's normally what I make for any holidays and potlucks.
  • @meggyme Vodka Sauce sounds amazing, I had to google it...

@happylife7 GIVE ME ALL THE DIPS! They make me happy!

It really depends on where we are going. The main favorites are Chicken and Cheese enchiladas or Buffalo Chicken Dip.

• I love dips too!! Mmmm 

I make OG’s Zappa Tescana That people always love and my Posole is always requested by lots of people. I’m not much of a baker so I envy all of your sweet treats!   
  • I don't know about a signature dish but when I bring meals to others this is usually what I bring:
    https://pearls-handcuffs-happyhour.blogspot.com/2011/04/two-timin-pasta.html?m=1

It's pretty easy, kids tend to like it, and you can bring it over assembled but uncooked so they can cook it when they are ready to eat. I like to add a pound of Italian sausage to it.
  • I am officially getting out of bed at 10:30 for a snack...so many delish foods mentioned. I am sucker for any kind of hot cheese dip. If I have to bring something I usually go lazy and do a quick taco dip with tostitos or veggie pinwheels (both involve cheese and are easy so win win)! 
  • I would always bring cheese cake or just a cake cause I love to bake. 
    Married for 10 years
    April 5th, 2008
    Me: 36 years old DH: 42 years old
    ntnp 7 years ttc 2 years

I have a 11 cm Fibroid and a smaller fibroid that is causing infertility and I also have an overactive thyroid.