1st Trimester
Options

Aspirin

Has anyone had to take a baby aspirin while pregnant? And if so did you have negative effects from it? 

Re: Aspirin

• Options
    Please talk to your doctor about. Some people have used it for specific reason but that should be in the guidance of your own doctor. 
  • Options
    hadufhaduf member
    Oh deffinitly I am! I have an appointment with a hemotologist next week, but my OB is thinking he may recommend it so I’m just wondering if anyone has. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have a mthfr gene mutation and take a baby aspirin daily. I have not had any negative effects. 
  • Options
    My blood pressure fluctuates and sometimes is high. I have a history of pre-eclampsia so my doc has me taking 1 baby aspirin daily. 
    BabyFetus Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I am taking it as part of ivf protocol, it can help prevent miscarriages. Of course, talk to your doctor about it... but when I researched it, it said just do not take it in the third trimester. I'm supposed to be on it until I'm 10 weeks.
  • Options
    malpy5malpy5 member
    edited June 2018
    I'm also on it. 1 baby aspirin daily. Doctor said to take it as a precaution as I've had 4 losses and nothing comes up "wrong" in all the tests we've done. He also has me on progesterone. No side effects thus far. 
  • Options
    OB is making me take baby aspirin daily for stress induced hypertension (high blood pressure) 
  • Options
    My OB has me take 2 a day to hopefully help prevent pre-e. They said research has shown one isnt enough and two is alright so thats where I'm at. I havent had any side effects from it. I wasnt told to stop at any point either just take it through to the end