January 2019 Moms

Weekly Appointments 6/25

Any appointments this week? How'd they go? Updates?
TW

M/C 06/09/2011
DS 05/29/2013
M/C 02/14/2017 
M/C 06/05/2017 
C/P 03/01/2018
BFP 05/17/2018 EDD 01/27/2019 
Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

Re: Weekly Appointments 6/25

• Ultrasound with my RE in the morning. I was trying to wait until I see my OB at the end of next week but PGAL brain is making me anxious. 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
    BFP 05/17/2018 EDD 01/27/2019 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • NT scan is on Thursday. Freaking out justttttt a little bit. Hoping I can get my NIPT results this afternoon. I called the OBs nurse like yesterday and she said nateras site said they would be available between yesterday and the 27th.
    Me: 28 DH: 26
    Married: November 2015  3 
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP #1: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    BFP #2: 10/06/16: 6 - EDD: 06/20/17
    DD Born 06/23/17 3
    TFAS: April 2018
    BFP #3: 03/21/18 - CP
    BFP #4: 04/23/18 - EDD 01/04/19

• Today's our 10 week appt...4 more hours to go.  I'm guessing it'll be just a blood draw and a doppler today.

TW
    absolutely scared sh!tless.  This is the appt. that we found out about our loss last time.   I'm an emotional mess. 
  • I don't have any appointments this week, but doctor just called me. On Friday we had our first OB apt, and since we were in Mexico in February, he had to contact the CDC to report it and see what next steps should be. They aren't concerned, since we did not get any bites or have any symptoms, so we don't need any testing. However, they do recommend MONTHLY ultrasounds just to monitor :) Yes!!

--for anyone who's needed multiple ultrasounds, does insurance cover it as "prenatal care" so long as the doctor deems it necessary, or do you typically need to pay for ultrasounds done outside "typical" prenatal care?
    Me: 30 |  DH: 33
    Married: 8/11/2007

DD: Born 2/3/17
    BFP#2: 5/3, EDD 1/10/19
  • @sweetyjenj my insurance has always paid for my ‘extra’ ultrasounds. But I imagine it’s on an insurance by insurance basis. 
    DD Born 06/23/17 3

• @sweetyjenj my extra ultrasounds were covered with my first pregnancy as they were required by the doctor. (I was working for the State of MN abs was covered under their insurance—in case, by some off chance you are also covered by the State). 
  • @mrsmang good luck on the results!! Glad to hear the NT scan went well :)
    Me: 30 |  DH: 33
    Married: 8/11/2007

DD: Born 2/3/17
    BFP#2: 5/3, EDD 1/10/19
  • I have my next appt on Thursday with the OB. Will fully discuss the NIPT results and check on baby with the Doppler. I will be 12 weeks tomorrow! So glad the first tri is almost in the rear view! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• I have my 12-week appointment with OB tomorrow. Friday I have my first appointment with Maternal Fetal Medicine for measurement and genetic testing. 
  • I had my FTS screening appointment this morning.  The baby finally looked like a baby, and was moving all around. It had the hiccups, which was pretty adorable.  We also got to hear the heartbeat for the first time.  This was my first abdominal ultrasound.  I definitely prefer the TV u/s - abdominal is so much messier!

The doctor said everything looked great!  It was such a relief after a really unsettling dream that I had on Sunday night. 
    easier! 

I have an appointment with the OB on Thursday. 

• @sweetyjenj I have had several ultra sounds (not by choice), but I pay $101 each time, and to see the doctor afterwards is "covered". Sometimes I wonder how good insurance is... or maybe mine just plain sucks! Ha! I have had 5 visits to see my doctors (every two weeks) in the last 1.5 months and had an US at  each one. I definitely have plenty of US pictures, but I am really worried about the plethora of ultrasounds. (They are monitoring a hematoma and placenta previa)

@BitterBetty12 its 12pm my time... any news yet ??!! I know you are anxiously waiting. :) My test weren't able to determine the gender or down syndrome results.. I was so bummed. Today however, the ultra sound tech asked if I knew the gender, I said no, unfortunately the screening wasn't able to tell me. She said, well I can give you a pretty good guess. So, she showed me where the baby was moving, and when the leg lifted up, I saw a little statue sticking up.. she said I am pretty certain its a boy. It was pretty clear, but I do not plan on running out and buying boy things just yet :)  
  • @AshVA I agree... plus I swear the tech is not using enough gel, it feels as if she is running the wand over a dry stomach, not to mention the force she uses as she presses down. Glad you got to hear a heartbeat, it's an amazing sound and always a relief.
  • @furmama1986 don't be scared. Keep positive and know you will see and hear great things today. Good luck!
  • @AshVA I agree too!  My last was t/v and I also felt like the picture was much clearer on that one. The abdominal was messy (definitely used at least enough gel if not more than needed) and there were also a few spots where it hurt. They assured me that was normal because of how much they had to press in.

I was a little concerned today because I didn’t actually hear the baby’s heartbeat and the lines they measured on all looked straight to me. However they said the heartbeat was good and we saw baby moving and waving it’s arms and it was measuring a couple days ahead of where it should be based on the last US so I’m just telling myself they would have said something if they were concerned or couldn’t find it. 
  • @texasmommie I called this morning and they still weren’t up yet! She told me to call again tomorrow. I should have probably waited until the afternoon to give myself better odds of it being out. I’m so anxious!
    DD Born 06/23/17 3

• Does anybody know when the fetal measurements stop becoming as accurate and start having more variation? The measurements have been spot on until today.  I'm 12+3 (for sure, as we did IVF), but the baby measured at 12+6.  I'm sure three days doesn't make a huge difference... I'm just hoping this isn't an early indicator that this is going to be a giant baby! 

FWIW, DH and I are both taller than average. 

• @AshVA I have no idea for sure, but my baby was measuring ahead a couple days today as well (11+6 actual, 12+1 measured). I’m guessing maybe it’s just getting further along so it’s more varied?