December 2018 Moms

FTM Check-in • 6/19

2»

Re: FTM Check-in • 6/19

• +1 to want to register for cleaning services. To start the day i go into labor so I come home to a clean house 
  • @echo-charlietango I think Foodhini may only be available in the DC area, but I'm not sure.  Your deli idea sounds like it will work well too.  The cleaning service is really not necessary for us either since we live in a very small place, but I thought it might be nice to have it professionally cleaned once since I can be a bit lazy about cleaning all the nooks and crannies.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I think I may be overthinking the registry thing.  I'm going crazy trying to make it perfect because it's one of the few things I can actually control about this whole process.  I'm trying to work on being OK with good enough rather than continually striving for the best.  I am seriously spending way too much time thinking about it...  :s

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I haven't even started my registry.  You guys are making me feel like a slacker. It just overwhelms me!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • kadeephdkadeephd member
    edited June 2018
    @lexidawg I think I'm mostly doing it now to procrastinate doing other things and also to feel like I have some control.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kadeephd Totally get it.  I need to get to it soon. I have done zero to prep and have 21 and a half weeks left since I have to have a c-section at 37 weeks.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @lexidawg I only started mine when I had movers in my house. When they're working, it's my job to let them work (that is - not pack with them), and be available for questions. Working on registries was the perfect task that was easy to interrupt while being honestly productive.
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • @echo-charlietango That was a great way to spend your time!! I just don’t even know how to decide what goes on it! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @lexidawg I think that Amazon’s registry checklist (for the free gift box) was really comprehensive. I would totally start there, then branch out to other sites for alternate products. Target for instance surprised me with super cute crib sheets and their selection of non-gendered clothing :heart:
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • I've got 3 registries going right now, target, Amazon, and walmart. I don't have that much on them, (maybe 30 items total), but I haven't added any bottles or anything for feeding yet, no clothes, etc. We've actually already got a lot of the big ticket items (car seat and extra base, stroller, crib, dresser, mattress, diaper bag, so many books), so most of the stuff on the registry is little. 

I agree with @echo-charlietango and think the Amazon checklist is pretty comprehensive and a good place to start. But, I quickly get overwhelmed by it and usually can't spend more than 15 minutes working on it at a time! Why are there sooooooo many choices for everything? I just feel like I don't wanna read descriptions for 23 different brands of nipple pads! Lol!
    Pregnancy TickerMe: 33, DH: 41
    Started IF Feb. 2014
    PCOS & MFI (low sperm count and motility)
    3 Femara cycles w/natural intercourse over summer 2014, BFN
    1 Clomid cycle w/natural intercourse Nov. 2014, BFN
    IUI March 2015, BFN
    IUI June 2015, BFN
    IUI Oct. 2015, BFN
    IVF Oct. 2016, fresh transfer, 2 day-3 embryos, BFN; nothing to freeze
    IVF Nov. 2017, fresh transfer, 2 day-5 blasts, BFP; ectopic; 1 blast frozen
    FET March 2018, 1 day-5 blast, BFP!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• @mag1cbeli3ver how do you decide what to put on each registry? I have Amazon and bbb but feel like I could probably get away with just one. Do you have duplicate items? 
  • l'll check out the amazon list!  Thanks guys!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @morgantu That's been hard too! I started with Target, so that originally had everything (by everything, I mean like 25 items! I don't want a ton of stuff, b/c no room, and I hate clutter!). Then I moved to Amazon and added some things I didn't have at target. I also looked for some of the same things, and went with whatever place had it cheaper. Like, the mobile we want for the crib (Lion King) was available at both Target and Amazon, but it was $10 cheaper at amazon! Plus, target didn't carry it in-store anyway, so I took it off target and added it to amazon. I don't know that I have a specific method, honestly! I wanted 3 registries to give people options of buying in store and/or online, with a bunch of different price points. I used Walmart for the glider I want b/c it has great reviews and was actually recommended by TB. And I have a lot of "plain" things from there, like packs of plain onesies, the changing pad, mattress cover, etc. I used target for more of the themed/cute things, like crib sheets and baskets. And amazon as the catch-all, I guess. I think that's part of the reason it's been overwhelming - what do we have on this registry so far? Didn't we already put a car seat mirror on the other one? I think DH and I really just need to sit down one night and have all 3 open at the same time and go through together to finish them up!
    Pregnancy TickerMe: 33, DH: 41
    Started IF Feb. 2014
    PCOS & MFI (low sperm count and motility)
    3 Femara cycles w/natural intercourse over summer 2014, BFN
    1 Clomid cycle w/natural intercourse Nov. 2014, BFN
    IUI March 2015, BFN
    IUI June 2015, BFN
    IUI Oct. 2015, BFN
    IVF Oct. 2016, fresh transfer, 2 day-3 embryos, BFN; nothing to freeze
    IVF Nov. 2017, fresh transfer, 2 day-5 blasts, BFP; ectopic; 1 blast frozen
    FET March 2018, 1 day-5 blast, BFP!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• How far along are you?
    15+3

Any appointment updates?  
    had a check up last week was an amazing experience to hear the heartbeat nothing till the 21st now when I have a checkup before my anatomy scan on the 26th

RR/Q/DD? 
    seeing the losses :( I cry my heart goes out to them it freaks me out 
    Random apparently my blood pressure is now high and that it may put me at a higher risk?? I've never had it before although both my parents have it and I am a bigger girl it still terrifies me I've been trying to exercise everyday (just walks not going silly) and eating as much healthy food as I can 

GTKY: Among your friends or family, what are you famous for?
    being the first to get married and now pregnant haha no but I'm always the one they come to for advice even on things I know nothing about