Appointments and Updates 6/24-6/30

When is your appointment?

How far along will you be? 

What is being addressed?

Questions/Comments/Concerns:
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Re: Appointments and Updates 6/24-6/30

• Loading the player...
  • @middleschoolmommy I may be crazy, but do you mean 5cm? 5mm sounds really small. I’m having a follow up scan tomorrow and I was thinking about asking more about cervical length but I guess I don’t really know what’s normal. 

• When is your appointment?
    Tuesday

20 weeks 6 days

What is being addressed?
    anatomy scan!

just anxious to make sure everything is okay in there with the babe. I haven’t had an ultrasound since 7 weeks so I can’t wait to see our baby,!

• @lifesabeach85 Yes! cm not mm, sorry! Typo.
  • No appointments this week other than the painful Makena shot this Friday.  The injection wasn't nearly as painful as the first one I got, but my bottom was very sore until late Saturday.  
    Me: 43  Hubs: 42 
    Married My BFF 3/22/10
    3 Beautiful Girls: 17, 21, 23 (previous marriage)
    Tubal Reveral: 10/12
    Ecoptic: 3/13 (Lost Right Tube, Left Tube Blocked)
    IVF #1: 3/14  = BFN 
    IVF #2: 3/15  = BFN
    IVF #3: 6/15  = BFN
    FET#1: 11/17 = BFN
    Endometrial Scratch: 2/18
    FET #2: 3/18  = BFP! 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• When is your appointment? Today! (Monday)

18 weeks

What is being addressed?
    Anatomy Scan

Just nervous in general I hope they can see everything they need to and that everything looks great.
  • @Amber1174 mine was less painful also. The nurse that gave it to me this time said it's usually better when in dominant arm (I know yours are in your hip :/)  so you work the meds into the muscle quicker. I was still sore for 2-3 days, but the initial injection didn't hurt as much. 
    Tomorrow! Tuesday 26th
    18 +1
    What is being addressed?
    Routine monthly checkup
    Concerned about getting that dang 3 hour glucose test done. It feels like just when I think I can schedule it, something else requires my attention (between family and work, life seems just crazy this summer). Other than that, just hoping to hear that heartbeat on the doppler.
    Friday - 6/29, 11am

19w2d

What is being addressed?
    Anatomy scan.  We're not finding out the sex.  I'm also expecting them to tell me if my placenta has moved away from my cervix and if I still have previa or something else going on.

Very very little feeling of movement...hence wondering what the hell my placenta is doing
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    MFM tomorrow (Tuesday) afternoon & OB Friday

18w 4d (tomorrow) and 19w (Friday)

What is being addressed?
    MFM is a scan to make sure both twins are growing like they should, monitor my Placenta Previa, and meet with the MFM doc and care manager. Then Friday is just my standard visit with my OB - although, I'll be meeting with an alternate provider - again - as she isn't available. 

Just annoyed that most of the monitoring for my pregnancy is going to fall in the MFM office and that it'll cost me a co-pay every time I go - which is a lot (see my Monday BF post). I wish they would just transfer my care fully to the MFM office as my primary OB doesn't seem to know much about twin pregnancies and never seems to be available for my appointments, anyway. And when she's not available, I end up seeing an APP from MFM in my OB office anyway. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • MojieJoMojieJo member
    edited June 2018
    I had a disappointing first appointment with the MFM.

First, I had to wait 2 hours past my appointment time to be seen, then I barely got to see baby on the ultrasound (which was all of 3 minutes long) because he was busy asking me questions that I'd already answered for the nurse (plus baby was facing the ultrasound wand, so he looked like the Terminator and I couldn't see his face well), then he tried to force me into taking Lovenox for my MTHFR when every other doctor I've ever seen had said it's essentially a non-issue and then they rushed me out and when I asked about my anatomy scan (I'm 19+3 today), the nurse said she "guessed" he'd "probably" do it at my next appointment when I'll be over 23 weeks.

WTF, people?!

My OB wanted to do my anatomy scan tomorrow, but decided not to since I was seeing the MFM and he'd do it instead and now I have to wait another 4 weeks.  I tried calling my OB to ask about the anatomy scan and the office is closed for lunch for 3 hours.  By the time they reopen and I have time to call them, they'll be closing for the day and they only do ultrasounds on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so I need to get ahold of them ASAP.

Today is not my day. :expressionless:
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Our infertility journey (TW)
    ● IUI #1: BFN 
    ● IUI #2: BFP - early M/C :'(  
    ● IUI #3: BFN 
    ● IUI #4: BFN 
    ● IVF/FET #1 (2 transferred): BFP! TWINS!
    ● FET #2 (1 transferred): BFP!  BOY #3!
    ● Natural #1: BFP - M/C @ 8 weeks :'(
    ● Natural #2:  BFP - M/C @ 5w5d :'(

June 29th

19+2

What is being addressed?
    anatomy scan
    just hoping for a healthy baby. I'm super excited to see him/her again.
    Today

20+2

What is being addressed?
    Second anatomy scan, go over MFM appt

Questions/Comments/Concerns
    So, to start off, I have another UTI. This is my second one in about 2(ish) weeks. Doc said That if I get another one close to this, then I will go on a small dose of antibiotics for the rest of my pregnancy. I'm puffy, which concerns me since I spend most of my time inside and I drink about a gallon of water per day. My Dr even noticed it. I have to do a 24 your urine catch, which I'm not looking forward to. They took my labs again, as i have to get them done once per month. 
    My anatomy scan went well. Baby boy was curled up super low and wasn't very cooperative. Again, it was hard getting pics of his heart. She saw all 4 chambers, but not a very clear pic. I'm trying not to freak out about the heart pics. I will have another u/s in probably 4 ish weeks to check on it, since he will be bigger and hopefully wont hide it so much. He weighs about 12 oz, he grew 3 oz in 2 weeks! I go back to my Dr in 2 weeks for a blood pressure check. So, all in all, not the most routine appt, but I'm being managed within an inch of my life, which is fine with me. 

Sorry this was so long.
  • I'm sorry to hear about Baby B @highsteaks.  Praying everything works out.  Glad to hear you are in a Ok place.  I can only imagine how tough that can be.
    Married My BFF 3/22/10
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @highsteaks - I'm sorry about baby B's damaged kidney. I hope no other complications arise and that she won't need surgery to remove it. 
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• Oh @highsteaks I'm sorry to hear about LOs kidney! I hope that's the extent of things and it's easily taken care of or is able tocrrsolve on it's own. *hugs* glad to hear the twins are doing good otherwise!

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    --------------------------------
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• @highsteaks sorry to hear about twin b’s kidney issue. Glad to hear you’re feeling ok - sending good thoughts to you and your little ones.
  • lifesabeach85lifesabeach85 member
    edited June 2018
    @highsteaks I’m sorry you got some rough news about B. I hope that the kidney won’t need major surgery and that all is well and healthy otherwise. It sounds like you’re handling it really well. Healthy thoughts to the twins!

• @highsteaks so sorry to hear of this news. Hoping everything turns out well and you have healthy twins! 
  • @highsteaks I'm sorry about Twin B. Praying that she doesn't have to have it removed. I'm glad they are both healthy otherwise. ((Hugs))
  • @highsteaks I'm so sorry that twin b may have to have surgery. Hoping it doesn't come to that! Thinking of you!
  • @highsteaks I am so sorry to hear about that news, because I can imagine how unsettling the unknown can be! I am thinking about you, and so glad you are in a good place with medical monitoring and everyone seems to be on top of it. 
  • @highsteaks So sorry to hear the news about baby B's kidney, but I'm so glad they have you on extra monitoring so they can figure out what might need to be done. I'm praying that she won't have to endure surgery as an infant. Perhaps it's possible that things might resolve a bit as she grows bigger? I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Keep us updated! 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • edited June 2018
    It was on the 26th

I was 18w6d

What is being addressed?
    It was just a regular midwife appt. 

My fundal measurement is measuring 22-24 weeks which makes me a bit nervous, but I'm hoping the A/S on July 9th will calm my nerves.
  • phoenix870509phoenix870509 member
    edited June 2018
    MFM visit today.

21w5d

What is being addressed?
    Checking on little girl's kidney to make sure the dilation hasn't gotten any worse.

None

@highsteaks praying for your little girl.
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    Diagnosed w/ PCOS 4/9/15 - R/E recommended lifestyle change
    BFP 4/10/16 - DS born 12/16/2016
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @highsteaks I'm sorry to hear about her kidney. Hopefully she doesn't end up needing surgery after she's born
  • @highsteaks Thinking about you and baby B. I hope with all the extra monitoring you are able to be at peace with whatever you need to do to take care of baby. I will be praying for you guys!
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• @highsteaks thinking of you and Baby B! <3 
  • @highsteaks so sorry to hear that about baby B! Praying for the best possible outcome.
    @phoenix870509 thinking of you and your lo today. fx for good news.
  • @highsteaks I am so sorry to read about Baby B's kidney. I'm glad they are going to continue to monitor so they can get a picture of what is going on.

@phoenix870509 Hoping things look good today!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @phoenix870509 Glad you got some good news today! I hope it only continues to get better when you have your next checkup!
  • @phoenix870509 I'm glad you got some good news.  You and your LO are still in my thoughts, prayers, and hopes that everything will resolve itself.

Married My BFF 3/22/10
    Pregnancy Ticker