Infertility
Options

New Here!! Also DE cycle with slightly older known donor...

Hi everyone! First post. My DH and I have been TTC since 2016. Im now 26 with POF/POI w AMH 0.1. I failed through 2 IVF cycles before my doctor told me that DE is probably my only real viable option :/. We were blessed enough to have a friend of a friend approach us and off to be our donor!! She is slightly older than your typical donor (33 years old). Just curious what kind of ER we might get and if anyone has used a similar aged donor for their cycles. Oh and her AMH came back at 2.7.
TTC since 2016
Me: 26 DH: 26
Low AMH/ High FSH
POF/POI  :/
2 Failed IVF :/ (one with 3 follies retrieved-none fertilized, the other cancelled due to leading follicle)
1 Failed clomid :/
On to DE! :#

Re: New Here!! Also DE cycle with slightly older known donor...

• Options
    mayflower513mayflower513 member
    edited June 2018
    Hi!  We didn’t use a donor but I’m 34 and had 15 eggs retrieved, 11 fertilized and ended up with 8 blasts (transferred 1 and froze 7).
    Pregnancy TickerAbout me: *TW*

Me: 34, DH: 38                                                                                                                                                                                
    TTC #1 June of 2014  9/14 BFP, baby boy EDD 5/18/15. Elias (Eli) born 5/13/15 7lb0oz, 19 inches.                                      
    Surprise BFP 10/15, live ectopic, lost ruptured tube on 11/5/15 at 8 weeks                                                                              
    Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   
    HSG 1/18 after no BFPs- diagnosed w/ tubal infertility and referred to RE                                                                     
    3/28/18 remaining tube removed                                                                                                                                              
    IVF 5/18: 15 retrieved, 11 fertilized, 8 blasts -- (3) 4aa, (2) 5aa (2) 4ba frozen -- fresh transfer of 1 day-5 4aa blast, BFP, EDD 2/4/19

• Options
    ndz2018ndz2018 member
    edited June 2018
    We didn’t use donor egg either and almost 38 (EKKKK) we retrieved 29 eggs, 25 were mature, 21 fertilized and 12 made it to day 5 blast... after PGS testing we have 5 normal embryos and 3 mosaics. Her AMH is def in the normal range!! My SIL who is 34 and also did IVF her AMH was about 2.7 too and she had 14 retrieved 10 matured and fertilized and 8 go out to PGS testing and 4 came back normal she now TW pregnant with my niece and due in Sept End TW. Don’t get lost in the numbers game. Everyone if different! I’m sorry for your failed IVFs but it’s refreshing to here that you’ll actually know the person your eggs will come from as most women just have profiles to look at. GL also there is a Donor Egg thread on here you should jump in! Those ladies are warriors!!