October 2018 Moms

Thursday Ticker Change (6/21)

Ticker change simply means that you have started a new week of pregnancy.  For example, I go from 23 weeks to 24 weeks on Thursday 6/21, so my “ticker” changes on Thursdays. It is our way of marking a milestone. 

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?

2. How are you feeling?

3. Any appointments this week?

4. Rants/raves/questions?

5. GTKY: which pregnancy no-no are you most looking forward to after delivery?

Re: Thursday Ticker Change (6/21)

• 1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 24 weeks; size of a cantaloupe (my favorite!)

2. How are you feeling? Still great, other than just growing. The past couple of days I really feel like I've done some growing. I've felt a lot more stretching and aches in my hips and back and just lower part of my pelvis lately.

3. Any appointments this week? Had my 24-week appointment on Tuesday, quick check-up, and everything looked right on track. They gave me the glucose drink to do for my 28-week appt, eek!

4. Rants/raves/questions? I just cant believe that in another 4 weeks I'll be in the last tri, and after that we start going to appts every 2 weeks! That's going to make it seem so much faster!

5. GTKY: which pregnancy no-no are you most looking forward to after delivery?  It honestly hasn't bothered me THAT much, but probably just having a beer at a baseball game or something. I could do without wine (I love it but it gives me heartburn), but I definitely miss having a beer at the outdoor functions. But otherwise, I don't really do much different.

• 1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 22 weeks, large grapefruit or coconut

2. How are you feeling? I feel really sore in my joints especially my groin area after working out. Mild headaches and as third trimester is creeping up I’m getting a teensy bit of anxiety about all the things. 

3. Any appointments this week? Not until 7/3

4. Rants/raves/questions? I still haven’t felt her kick and it’s making me worried. I know everyone is different so I just keep reassuring myself that everything so far has been super normal. 

5. GTKY: which pregnancy no-no are you most looking forward to after delivery? Definitely drinking. 

• Loading the player...
  • 1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 23 weeks, size of a papaya or a box of Mac n Cheese. 

2. How are you feeling? Been doing great for the most part but would like to be sleeping more at night! 

3. Any appointments this week? No

4. Rants/raves/questions? DH reads to baby at night and last night, he ended storytime early because I fell asleep. Baby kicked so hard and woke me up - I think it wanted him to keep reading and finish the book!

5. GTKY: which pregnancy no-no are you most looking forward to after delivery? Probably sleeping on my stomach which isn't so much as a no-no as a physical impossibility but it's my go-to sleep position and helps me fall asleep more quickly. I miss it so much! 
  • tlmilltlmill member

24 weeks, cantaloupe.

2. How are you feeling?

Sore. Exhausted. Honestly tired of the movement...he kicks all the time and I can’t sleep. It’s just not near as exciting or fun the third time around.

I had a regular 5 minute checkup on Monday. 

Not really.

Wine, although I do have the occasional small glass now. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • 1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 22 weeks, the size of a coconut!

2. How are you feeling? Pretty good today! It varies by the day...I’ve been having bad acid reflux in the evenings that usually starts mid-afternoon. It doesn’t seem to matter what I eat and water makes it worse, but tums seem to help. I’ve also had random days of back pain but it seems to depend on how I sleep.

3. Any appointments this week? Nope

4. Rants/raves/questions? Apparently the baby is now gaining about half a pound a week!?! It’s hard to believe I’m already to that point. I feel myself really starting to enjoy being pregnant now that we know it’s a little boy and I’m feeling all of the kicks and movements. I’m really starting to be able to connect more with him and being pregnant in general so that’s my rave for today :)

5. GTKY: which pregnancy no-no are you most looking forward to after delivery? Definitely sushi and a glass of my favorite sparkling cherry wine!

Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • @spartan4life it seems a bit early for baby to gain 1/2 lb a week. If that was the case you Baby would gain 9 more lbs from 22 weeks. I thought that milestone was mid third trimester. Maybe it’s you that will be gaining 1/2 lb a week? 
  • @cdepperschmidt That’s what I thought too...but it was on my weekly update from the Bump that baby is gaining about 8oz a week so i was confused...I do feel like that’s a lot! I would be happy to only gain half a pound a week  :D
  • dash83dash83 member

23 weeks, baby is as big as a grapefruit. 

2. How are you feeling? 

Feeling great overall. It’s been really hot this week, I feel like an oven stuffed inside a furnace. Become out of breath a bit a lot easier now. 

Yes, rad tech needs to go and snap a few pictures of baby boy, he was being shy during our AS. 

I can’t wait for sushi and poke! 

• 1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 23 weeks, size of a bunch of grapes or a buche de noel (according to Ovia)

2. How are you feeling? feeling pretty good! Definitely feeling much bigger now, but kind of enjoying it for the most part.  

3. Any appointments this week? not this week, but I have my 24 week normal appt on Tuesday. 

4. Rants/raves/questions? ugh I did something to my foot when I was doing a little hiking this past Sunday, and my left foot still hurts a lot.  It’s making me limp and waddle even more than normal, and I just want it to get better! 

5. GTKY: which pregnancy no-no are you most looking forward to after delivery?  I know it’s not really a no-no, but I cut out all caffeine, so I can wait to go back to having my normal caffeinated tea! Also not a super big drinker, but sometimes a hard cider just hits the spot, and I am looking forward to that again. 

• @spartan4life I went back and looked for it. It’s under the “My body” heading so it’s talking about you. 
  • 1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?

23 weeks baby is the size of a bunch of grapes or a chinchilla 

2. How are you feeling? I feel mostly ok, just tired. Baby girl is moving around a ton now. The heart burn is starting up again though and I've had some minor swelling in my feet and ankles after a long day.

3. Any appointments this week? I had my fetal echo on me day and every thing checked out. Wednesday I go for my first growth scan and Friday I have my glucose test. 

4. Rants/raves/questions? Nope

5. GTKY: which pregnancy no-no are you most looking forward to after delivery? Nothing has really bothered me but a glass of wine will be nice. 

• @cdepperschmidt Hmm interesting...this is the notification I got yesterday and it says baby...

24, size of an ear of corn

2. How are you feeling?

Pretty tired. Getting really winded more easily. I also have a ton of hip and lower back pain making sleeping and transitioning from sitting to standing painful. Indigestion has returned in the last week. I feel awful. 

Saw my midwife yesterday and have my first growth scan next Tuesday.

Not really. I got a referral for PT to help with the hip and back pain. I'm waiting for them to call me so I can schedule an appointment. 

I'm really showing and have an obvious waddle. For those who read the crazy family thread you'll recall I haven't announced my pregnancy to my family because of our strained relationship. I've seen my mother and stepfather once in the last few months, but neither of them noticed. It's likely they'll figure it out soon if they come around anytime soon.

Nothing really. I don't drink and the only fish I eat is the tuna and the occasional canned salmon.

25 weeks cauliflower!

2. How are you feeling?

really good! a bit more hip and lower back pain this week but stetching and yoga seem to help alleviate it for now which is good!

sonogram to get a better view of bubs heart, and 26 week check up! then I am every 2 weeks after that

and I passed my glucose blood test which I was really happy about!

4. Rants/raves/questions? nothing! just the waiting game and getting baby items sorted!

gotta be red wine

• @belo290 just out of curiosity, have you asked if you have an anterior placenta? With my first I didn't feel him moving much throughout my entire pregnancy and I found out that the placenta was in the front and thus kind of acting as a barrier so I couldn't feel him moving as much. I only ever felt him on the sides, but never directly on the front! just a thought to ask!
  • @kellitama920 I actually do have an AP. It just feels like mine is taking extra long to feel. :) However, yesterday and today when I lay *really* still I think I’ve felt some thumps on the side and lower part of my belly. I think I’m slowly but surely getting there...  ;)