December 2018 Moms

PGAL Check in W/O 6/20

Welcome to the weekly PGAL (pregnant after loss) check in! Because we have a lot of newcomers since this BMB was established, this is just a reminder that this is for all parents-to-be who have experienced pregnancy/infant loss. 

**This is a general trigger warning that CP, miscarriage/spontaneous abortion, selective abortion due to medical complications, and/or stillbirth may be mentioned.There is no need to add specific trigger warnings in your posts, but you may if you choose.** 

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.

1. How far along are you? Any milestones? 

2. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms)? 

3. How are you feeling (anxiety wise)? 

4. Any appointment updates?

5. What's been happening in your life this week? Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here): 

6. GTKY: If you could be a fictional character, who would you be? 

Re: PGAL Check in W/O 6/20

• Loading the player...
  • Also @texas_t Maybe my UO Wednesday is that I think Lorelai is kind of the worst. I love the show but most of the characters I just think are terrible most of the time.  :D
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • @texas_t Sorry to hear about your sister's dad. It's so hard to watch people we love hurting. Also, anatomy scan on the 10th seems like a huge deal! You'll be halfway, right? And the 10th doesn't seem so far away! Yay! 

@katy0990 sorry you're having some anxiety. Please let us know how it goes tomorrow and I hope you can get through the day today without too much stress! Is the appt in the morning tomorrow? 

@rosebud332 ditto on big amounts of food. i try to eat, get super full for like 20 minutes, then need to eat again. It's a pain. I feel like i'm snacking all day! 

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.
    one early loss before this pregnancy, no living children (yet!)

14+6 today! As big as a donut lol. Way past milestone
    Pretty good. Nothing much to report here, looking forward to hearing the hb again soon to be a little reassured

Not bad, the lack of symptoms is a little unnerving, but if my growing belly is a symptom, then i should be good to go, lol. 

Tuesday is my next OB check in. Just looking forward to hearing the hb

5. What's been happening in your life this week? Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here): 
    Not much going on here. Started to look at daycares yesterday and ordered some maternity clothes, so things are feeling real! We go visit family next weekend, so that will be....an adventure. 

Ugh, i dunno. I stole this from some other board and thought it was a great question. Ummmmmmmmm maybe hermione granger? Claire Beachamp? some badass woman. 
  • @morgantu It is at 9:50 tomorrow morning. I will update afterwards!
  • @rosebud332 No way is she the worst. Rory is the worst, lol!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• @katy0990 I'm sorry you've been feeling anxious, I get what you mean about hearing her news.
    @lippy625 OMG, I've had interns outside my office, too, and omg yes. So loud and annoying.
    @morgantu I was thinking Hermoine as well, lol!
    @clbness I hope you have a lovely weekend!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• clbnessclbness member
    edited June 2018
    @echo-charlietango I'm loving those wood floors and that picture window! *swoon*  My brothers own a hardwood floor business and they swear by Bona!  Andplusalso, farting like a trucker is even cooler when your 2 year old giggles and says "you fart, Mommy!!" every time you do it.  :p Proud parent moment.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• @maureenmce I was just saying to my mom yesterday that I keep putting off getting serious about looking at baby stuff and making a big announcement until 'after the next appointment. Which has happened for the last 3 appointments. I'm with you, not sure it'll ever feel like a 'Sure thing'. 

@echo-charlietango bona IS the best! I love that stuff! 
  • @morgantu Exactly! That's one of the reasons I finally was like okay, I'm just gonna announce on social media - there's not going to be a difference in my brain between being reassured at 12, 16 or 20 weeks, I just am gonna be nervous, but I know at this point statistics are on my side (and yours!) Not that that helps the PGAL brain all the time, but it's good to remind myself of that sometimes anyway.

@clbness Missed you somehow - I am also letting out the most insane burps. Related to the reflux I guess, but at least it's cracking my daughter up!

@echo-charlietango Love those floors! Also, I have been meaning to check out Firefly forever. I need to get around to it! I have friends who are OBSESSED!

• @echo-charlietango Big bona fan here too! I also try (before kids) to lemon oil them yearly. It makes such a difference.
  • Also in the PGAL ftm club- there are lots of us! 
  • @artemis618 a facial sounds like a great way to relax! My birthday is Monday and H keeps asking me what I want, now I have an idea! 

@maureenmce I have a 21 year old cousin who interprets for me :D One of the interns said to our VP the other day "I'm literally shook" because a subcontractor didn't give her the answers she wanted. This VP has 4 high school-college age daughters and I think even he was flabbergasted. 

@echo-charlietango the hardwood floors are beautiful! We have half brand new hardwood in our house and half that has seen much better days and I love Bona for both. The new hardwood is a dark color like yours and while I love the look, we weren't thinking about how my pug's light fur would constantly be covering them. My swiffer gets a lot of use! 
  • @maureenmce I have to say, my last pregnancy (first after my loss) I was anxious the entire time. I’m doing SO much better this time around. But that’s not to say, yes you’ll be nervous this whole pregnancy, but just you’re not alone in that as much as it sucks.

@fernsy I’m guessing tipped uterus is the same as tilted uterus? If so, I have one too and my ob has always been totally unconcerned about it. The only effect it has had on my pregnancies is that it made it harder for them to see baby at the right angle during early ultrasounds.

@tumbleweed-1Im starting to feel like the only really tangible thing I can do right now to combat the current environment is raise my kids to not think it’s ok to take children away from their family because they’re “illegal”, or be racist, or hateful, etc. So I say read all the books so the next generation is way better than this one!
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • I’ll also be a FTM.

@fernsy My uterus is (was?) also tipped/tilted - but as of my 12 week/NT scan, MFM said it had already flipped and she didn’t have a problem finding baby transabdominally (surprised me - I was ready for yet another transvaginal u/s).  A doctor from my last RE clinic commented to a resident during a stim cycle that it meant that my bladder would need to be quite full for embryo transfer, but I ended up doing the transfers at a different clinic and they were pretty straightforward (no mock transfer or anything).  But no one’s mentioned it as an issue since that old RE (whom I didn’t love anyway).
    About me:
    Married 6/18/16 (Me 42, DH 44), TTC #2
    ***TW***
    Natural BFP 8/10/16 --> mc our NIPT-normal little girl at 11w5d on 10/1/16 :(
    As of 12/2016:  AMH 1.42, FSH 6.1, AFC ~10
    Self-benched Nov-Dec 2016 for
    IVF #1 Jan-Feb 2017 (OCP, testosterone primed antagonist w/HGH - ER 2/2/17 - 12R, 7M ICSI'd, 3F, 0B)
    IVF #2 Mar-Apr 2017 (testosterone primed agonist/luteal lupron w/HGH - ER 4/8/17 - 10R, 8M, 8F, 5B, 1 PGS normal)
    IVF #3 May-Jun 2017 (testosterone primed agonist/luteal lupron w/HGH - ER 6/4/17 - 14R, 5F, 3B, 0 normal)
    **New RE**
    IVF #4 Sept 2017 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 9/28/17 - 33R, 18F, 10B, 4 PGS normals!)
    FET #1 (medicated) of one PGS normal 4AA XX 11/2/17 - Beta #1 11/11/17 (153), Beta #2 11/13/17 (324), mc at 5w1d on 11/19/17 :(
    IVF #5 Dec 2017 - Insemination of 9 frozen eggs from 2012 (8F, 1B, 0 normal)
    Jan 2018 - Natural cycle ERA (normal/receptive) & stimming for
    IVF #6 Jan-Feb 2018 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 2/3/18 - 17R, 6M, 4F, 0 blasts)
    IVF #7 Feb 2018 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 2/26/18 - 19R, 9M, 9F, 4B, 2 PGS normals)
    FET #2 Apr 2018 (natural cycle w/o trigger, w/P4 support) of one PGS normal 4AA- XX 4/5/18 - Beta #1 4/14/18 (67), Beta #2 4/16/18 (231)
    Rainbow baby girl born 12/16/2018 (via c-section, induced at 39 weeks)

-----
    TFAS!
    FET #3 Dec 2019 (natural cycle w/o trigger, w/P4 support) of one PGS normal 3BB XY 12/16/19 - Beta #1 12/24/19 (139), Beta #2 12/27/19 (482)

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @katy0990 I haven’t heard the HB since about 10 weeks either, and can totally commiserate. I am silently freaking out over here, as well  :(

@rosebud332 @texas_t FFTC - I have never seen Gilmore Girls :# 

@maureenmce I completely understand what you’re saying. I don’t think I will ever not feel anxious during pregnancy. Even if this one is successful, I am sure there with always be that underlying worry throughout any following pregnancies. PGAL is a real MF.

@echo-charlietango Glad your move is over with!

I'm a 30 yo FTM. I had an early loss just under 7 weeks last Fall. Blighted ovum, no D&C, instead I took Misoprostol to pass it.

15 weeks. Much farther than I have ever been, past all milestones, and made it to second tri!
    I'm less tired, and less bitchy. So basically just back to my normal self.
    Lack of symptoms is terrifying. I'm also terrified of MMC. It has been almost a month since my last appointment, and it's starting to eat away at me.
    No, next appointment isn't until Tuesday morning. It's supposed to be a short/Doppler appointment. 
    Just want to make it through the rest of the week/weekend and get to my Tuesday appointment, already!

I'm gonna follow @morgantu and everyone else and go with Hermione!
  • @katy0990 Yay! Glad your appointment went well and you were able to hear the heartbeat  <3
  • @katy0990 Yay! I hope that I get to hear a kick sometime too :smiley:
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary