Pregnant after a Loss

Pregnant but keeping it a secret (Lovenox?)

i just found out I am pregnant, I’m not sure how far along I am because I have irregular periods. My last one was in April. So, I can be anywhere from 2 weeks to 10 weeks.

I have had 3 previous miscarriages one when I was youger, another at 8 weeks naturally (July 2014), and twins at 14 weeks D&C. (November 2016).

because of the miscarriages I have chosen to keep it a secret. But I am so nervous, so I thought I’d put this out there for myself. To validate my excitement and fear. I don’t plan on telling anyone until it’s obvious, and not telling my husband until things are set with my OBGYN.

From what my previous OBGYN recommended lovenox shots because of a blood conditionin (factor 2) I learned of with my last pregnancy. 

I am so nervous to go through all this, but am glad to have this outlet for now. If anyone’s read this, thanks you.

Re: Pregnant but keeping it a secret (Lovenox?)

• Well that didn’t last long. After getting frustrated with calling OB’s my husband saw me crying and asked me what was wrong. Cats out of the bag. Dang it. Wasn’t even a good way to surprise him bumbling like an idiot.
  • Hey there! First, congratulations! I know it’s hard. I’m 6 weeks and 5 days after two miscarriages in about 6 months. It’s so hard to get excited because you’re so scared. I think it’s good that your husband know. Don’t isolate yourself like that. I know you probably did it to spare him the heartache, but that’s what he’s there for. You guys have been through so much together. You are lucky to be able to have someone there who loves you and understands. This is SO hard. I can’t imagine not having my husbands pep talks to keep me going. I’m praying for you and your precious little baby. God willing, it’s our turn
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh! Also I’m on lovenox too! I have Factor 5 Leiden. I iced a spot on my stomach with an ice cube for like 5 minutes last night and I literally felt nothing except for the after burning sensation from the medication. I’m such a baby with pain, so not feeling the needle was huge! No bruise either! I hope that’s helpful!