February 2019 Moms

What My Pregnant Self is Eating

Re: What My Pregnant Self is Eating

• I can’t stop eating stuffed jalapeños.

And I’m going to eat them all now, while I can, before my heartburn really tries to stop me.
  • Anything carb-y or salty. 

DH is making me pancakes now. 

I’m trying to enjoy eating while I can - I have throat/stomach issues that get worse as pregnancy progresses and I have problems gaining wait after about 15-20 weeks because I throw up so much due to heartburn. 

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• Loading the player...
  • jessier19jessier19 member
    edited June 2018
    I've been getting intense aversions to pretty much everything except fruit, vegetables, and lean meat. I guess that's healthy and so on blah blah blah but it's also completely over the top. I'm like the involuntary health food olympics over here. I miss sweets and fried things and butter! But even just smelling them makes me want to vomit. I'm currently snacking on baby tomatoes while I gaze longingly at a chocolate bar that I don't dare open.
  • I’ve been carb-free until today, now I crave all of them. We are heading out to the Amish Market to get some pretzels and lemonade.
  • Ketchup chips - thank god for my Canadian friends bringing me some. 

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• ageaagea member
    Tacos!
  • Anything cold and crunchy. Lots of grapes,  coleslaw, carrots, and cucumbers. 
  • Anything rich and meaty. Mac and cheese with ground beef is my current daily want. 
  • mainemama_mainemama_ member
    edited June 2018
    Bacon egg and cheese on a bagel McDonalds, I don't know what the special sauce is but I need it! @conchispita I was also carb free before I got pregnant but carbs are amazing now! I feel guilty every time I eat them but I can't stop.

Edited because I can't type
  • Oreo milkshakes and Diet Coke 
  • TACO BELL (which means this baby is DEFINITELY our child) and smoothies and french fries dipped in ranch. I can't do pizza (which means this baby is not our child  :D ) *kidding*
  • Today I had my first weird craving for lunch... I wanted a veggie omelette with a vanilla milkshake. And yes, I got exactly that! : )
  • Ate a pound of strawberries. Nom  nom nom  :p 
  • Brownie Sundaes and coconut chicken curry. We made steak for dinner tonight (delayed Father’s Day for DH) and I almost puked trying to eat it. Most meat really freaks me out right now. 
  • Anything and everything before MS kicks in 

Last pregnancy I really craved sweets, but I'm already favoring salty foods this time around which is weird because I've always craved sweets pregnant or not.

My favorite things have been Amy's frozen burritos and Doritos.
  • Currently: pasta salad with mozzarella and pepperonis mixed in, because cooking meat sounds dreadful.
  • Anything carbonated. 

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• Alllll of the fruit! and Italian subs. 
    DS1 8/11/10 
    DS2 8/21/12
    DD 9/26/14
    Baby #4 edd 2/11/19 
  • All the things. Every single thing. 

DS - 7.5
    DD #1 - 6
    ~ mmc 7.11.2018 @ 9w ~
    DD#2 - born 12.24.19

• etnyahetnyah member
    No weird cravings yet! I am feeling super healthy and eating every vegetable in the fridge though. It has nothing to do with me leaving the house for a couple weeks and trying not to let anything go to waste. Nope, definitely not that.
  • febmumfebmum member
    In the last week or so, I keep gravitating to or choosing anything with melted cheese on top (e.g. toast, cauliflower), and oranges. I had an urge to drink a glass of milk yesterday, which I honestly haven't done in years, so there might be a calcium itch to scratch there.  No true out-and-out cravings yet though :)  And also feeling unusually averse to red meat (steak, schnitzel, burger).

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Anyone else crave things, then feel really grossed out when you finally eat it? That’s me the past few days. The only think I truly enjoy is oj + almond milk + ice slushie with little/no sugar added.

totally repulsed by broccoli, which we eat a LOT of. 

@BourbonBiscuits DH had to cook his own steaks for Father’s Day, while I hid in our room with the door closed so I couldn’t smell it.
  • @conchispitita- same. I hid and then had chips for dinner. 

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• Homemade waffles with maple syrup and whipped cream

• FRENCH FRIES. 

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• kayjay44 said:
    FRENCH FRIES. 
    We own a potato farm and DH's homemade French fries are the best thing EVER!!
  • Basically nothing is sounding good right now which is incredibly annoying. H is bringing home bacon cheeseburgers and lots of fries from a local place. It actually sounds pretty good so I’m hoping I get to enjoy it.
  • @mainemama_ - I am so fucking jealous.

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• Lemonade. Allllll the lemonade. Hot Cheetos today. 
    DD is lucky she didn’t come out a pierogi.  
  • kayjay44 said:
    FRENCH FRIES. 
    We own a potato farm and DH's homemade French fries are the best thing EVER!!
    I want to live where you live! Lol. 
  • Much like my first pregnancy, I constantly want warm milk with vanilla, honey and cinnamon. I though I had discovered some amazing thing but then as soon as DD was born I stopped.  Two weeks ago I said “oh remember those warm honey milk drinks I used to have?  Mmmmm”. That should have been my first clue.....  :D
  • My coworker ordered jimmy johns the other day and got a giant pickle. She let me have some and ohmygoodness. That pickle is the best thing I have ever tasted!!! 
  • antera23 said:
    My coworker ordered jimmy johns the other day and got a giant pickle. She let me have some and ohmygoodness. That pickle is the best thing I have ever tasted!!! 
    I ordered a sandwich this week from JJ's and got a pickle (sliced in quarters) - SO GOOD.

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• ruby696 said:
    I want all the carbs. Or I want nothing at all. Super annoying to my husband, when I shoot down every dinner suggestion he makes. I didn't realize that was a thing my pregnant self did, until last night when he muttered, "great, it's starting early this time." :D
    Same.

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• I just want jimmy johns, pickle and all. Tonight we’re picking up from my favorite gyro place. I’m very excited. 
  • @becks_726 - Nachos sound divine.

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• Bagel bites and OJ, which is a very specific thing I wanted all the time when I was pregnant with E. 

Also, we went to one of our local authentic Mexican restaurants tonight and I may turn into a bowl of salsa. I swear I could eat that stuff with a spoon. SO GOOD.