November 2018 Moms

UO Thursday! 6.21

Re: UO Thursday! 6.21

• Loading the player...
  • @tessiesmom26 I understand what you are saying. They are super adorable and I love the baby kicks...except when they wake me up at 4 am and I have to walk around like a zombie all day because I’m so tired. Love the healthy baby, but do not love 4 am dance parties in my uterus. 
  • @tessiesmom26 I totally get it. Some baby kicks feel sweet and cute, but lately I've been doing a few fast turnaround projects at work, and weird baby kicks and hiccups are super distracting.

Since a few people mentioned it in another thread, bubble tea is gross!!! Those chewy bubbles have no flavor and taste like glue. 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • @offtoneverland I agree. Bubble tea= yuckkk. 
    AFM - I'm not a fan of shirts with sayings on them, like "Daddy's little princess", "Mommy's heartbreaker" or "Baby on Board" etc etc. They're so popular and I just find them so unnecessary. 

• @offtoneverland I love bubble tea! I know it is weird but if you find a good place (there are many bad ones), it is delicious.

@mrsdrez I wore a shirt to Disney World that said Baby loading and got so many compliments! I like maternity shirts that say baby, otherwise people would just assume fat :(
  • I don’t understand the need for push presents, but gifts are 100% not my love language.

@mrsdrez  Completely agree on the shirts with sayings! With my first, grandparents gave us SO many onesies with stupid sayings, which I never put them in. I think everyone except my mom got the hint...she still buys shirts like that for my girls....

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Gifts aren't my love language either, but like @BabyBoyH92016 said, I'm not one to turn down fine jewelry.  ;) 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Can I add mine a day late? I hate baby showers. I went to my own as reluctantly as I go to everyone else's. :neutral:
  • @lachnessmomster I hate baby showers too. I never had a shower with ds, but that was also because I was working hard on staying alive and keeping him in ad long as possible. 
  • @lifesabeach85 I deactivated my Facebook four or five years ago and never looked back. I'm sure it's only gotten worse since then.

@wildrainbow Yes, I imagine that was pretty all-consuming! No need to add more stress to an already stressful pregnancy, especially if it's not your thing to begin with!
  • I think it’s sweet for a significant other to get a present after a woman gives birth, but ugh the term push present. It’s so weird. 
  • @wannaflickone I don't think there's anything wrong with receiving a present from YH who wanted to give it to you in the first place. I think it gets a bit unsettling when a woman expects a huge, expensive present after they give birth. Some women seem to expect it as a rite of passage, and that seems off-putting to me.

If H gives me some nice jewelry after I have this baby, I would very happily accept it and would be really excited. But he didn't get me anything after DD so I don't expect it. 

I knew a woman who was pregnant with her third and she went on and on about the very expensive watch her H just had to get her as a push present, and that just seems greedy to me.

If you get some new bling, you'll have to post pics. :) 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3