November 2018 Moms

PGAL Check-in w/o 6/20

This is a check in for those of us who are experiencing pregnancy after a loss (miscarriage, chemical pregnancy, stillbirth, child loss, to name a few). Hopefully we can all lend support to each other through the hormone-filled craziness that is pregnancy! Just a reminder: there is a general loss trigger warning on this entire thread. 

1. How far along are you? Any milestones? 

2. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms)? 

3. How are you feeling (anxiety wise)? 

4. Any appointment updates?

5. What's been happening in your life this week? Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here): 

GTKY: What are your favorite ways to stay cool in the summer?

Re: PGAL Check-in w/o 6/20

• 1. How far along are you? Any milestones? 
    19 weeks today
    I've had very sore hips lately and extreme gas cramp pains. I'm starting to throw up less frequently which is nice. 
    Out of nowhere I'm paranoid again. I feel like my bump isn't big enough for 19 weeks and I still don't think I've felt the baby all that much. I'm trying not to freak out, but I can't help but be a little bit worried. 
    I have the anatomy scan today after work. Maybe it's the appointment looming that has brought on my anxiety, but I'm so nervous. Blah. Hopefully everything will look good and I can start to relax again. 
    5. What's been happening in your life this week? Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here): 
    Rave: School is winding down and I can't wait for summer vacation! My husband and I are having a date night after the anatomy scan and I'm looking forward to that.
    Rant: we move in 3 weeks and I haven't begun to pack a single thing.. Dreading it. 
    I love being at camp. I also love to swim, I'm not athletic about it (at all haha), but whenever I'm away with friends I'll always be the first person in the water. 
  • @mrsdrez bump shapes/sizes vary so much between moms and even between pregnancies. at some point, your ob will start measuring fundal height, and that should be a reassuring gauge on how baby is growing between appointments. 

1. How far along are you? Any milestones? 
    17w6d
    had a random bout of morning sickness for a few days, pretty much as bad as ever. went back on unisom+b6 last night, and feeling better today. my hip is getting pretty bad, just the left side, and i’m pretty sure it’s spd that never really resolved 100% from my first pregnancy. i’m hoping the mfm doc i’m seeing tomorrow can recommend a physical therapist or chiropractor.
    good. still concerned about my difficulting putting and keeping on weight. lost 4lbs in the 3 days i was ill this week, so the rapid loss has me concerned. i’ll get a more accurate update at tomorrow’s appointment so no sense in worrying much now.
    another ttts monitoring ultrasound with mfm tomorrow morning.
    mil is here this week, and her timing couldn’t have been more perfect because of the ms resurgence. she’s been keeping dd entertained while i’ve been resting/ill this week. today, i’ve been prepping the babies room for painting it tonight/tomorrow. i didn’t really nest very much until well into my third trimester with dd, but the increased possibility of a premature delivery plus how uncomfortable i’m already feeling has made me wanting to get all the big projects done asap before it’s too late.
    a beach or pool day.
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. How far along are you? Any milestones? 
    19+4. Past my milestones

Bending over is getting hard, I look like a beached whale getting out of my recliner, lightning crotch

I'm a little ramped up. Still reeling and processing my MFM appt. OB appt next week fpr second AS and to go over what the MFM recommends

Second AS next week

Things are ok. Ds is being a pill and fighting sleep on all fronts. It leaves us all exhausted and crying, well at least me and ds.

Crash my friend's pool or stay inside with the AC cranked up. Swimming while pg is the best, and by swimming I mean floating, haha.
  • @wildrainbow just confirming that you were transitioning from co-sleeping to his own bed? sorry to hear that he’s fighting sleep. fingers crossed for the transition to start getting easier for everyone.
  • @highsteaks Yeah, we are transitioning, but he was fighting sleep before we even started. 
  • @wildrainbow that was the impetus for dd1’s transition as well. solidarity, and godspeed.