Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Wed 6/20

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!**

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R:

CS/Q:
*TW*
Me: 38 DH: 41
Married: 2016
BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19

Re: TWW Wed 6/20

• Month/Cycle: 8/9

CD/DPO: 23/9

Timing: -2

Typical LP length: 12

Testing: was planning to wait till tomorrow, but had an urge to test this morning and did (like a big fat dummy) and of course got a BFN.

R/R: DH had half the bed last night, and a cat had the bottom half of my half. :( we need a bigger bed like, now. 
    On the positive side, my dad found a buyer for our old house last night! I worried he never would. 

CS/Q: I think I got excited by yesterday's temp dip and today's jump back up and just couldn't help myself. :cry: still have a couple days before AF is supposed to show, so who knows? Major BSC going on here. :( Chart in spoiler. 

*TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • @catlady2015 Sorry for the BFN friend but yay for finding a buyer for your house.  I hope your temp keeps going up and it's just too early

Month/Cycle: 25/?

CD/DPO: 17/7

Timing: -4, -2, -1

Typical LP length: 15 days

Testing: nope

R/R: Rave - only 2 more days of work!!  Gah, I'm not sure how I'm going to sleep tomorrow night, I'll be too excited!!  Also, found out yesterday that my work computer is finally going to be upgraded and I'm getting a laptop!! :) Rant - see WTF

CS/Q: none

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
    5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree
  • Loading the player...
  • Month/Cycle: 2/1

CD/DPO: 47/ 10 or 11 dpo

Timing: Good

Typical LP length: I think 13 days

Testing: I have taken a couple more and I think they are negative now.  I don't even know.

R/R:  I had to adjust my temp for this morning because I woke up too early.  Again.  I just want to sleeep!

CS/Q:

• Month/ Cycle: 1 (after having a break)

CD/ DPO - 19/ 11

Typical LP: 13 

Testing: I had a BFN this morning, I’m guessing I’m out this month as I think it would have shown by now. However, not quite sure why my chart is going up.

CS/ Q: Not quite sure why it hasn’t starting going down. Usually drops a lot around this day. 

• Hey Ladies, I haven't posted here in a while and thought I'd jump in today

@lulu1180 I hope you have great trip! 

@catlady2015 sorry about the bfn. the sleep arrangement sounds annoying, but I know it is almost impossible to keep a cat off of something. They do what they want. Also, I may have missed this, but can you tell me about this heart rate feature you have on your chart?

@sparklingdiamond if you're unsure, you may just have to spring for a more expensive test, or wait for AF

@missthumpa since your typical LP is 13days maybe give it a few more days and if no AF test again. 

Month/Cycle: i've kind of lost count 22ish

CD/DPO: 17/ 5dpiui

Timing: IUI and IUI day+1

Typical LP length: 14

Testing: after 14 days

R/R: super busy week, but we leave for an extended weekend beach trip on Friday evening, so looking forward to it and to the distraction from the TWW

CS/Q: I still haven't gotten CH, but my temps were wonky early in this cycle because of a possible low-grade fever/infection and I've found that FF doesn't like the progesterone after IUI, in past cycles I've had to leave off a night of progesterone to get CH. I've never done an override before.

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• @Avrilmai - you can add your resting heart rate as a specific sign in FF! I enter mine at the end of the day (so it will take into account all data). I can't remember at the moment how I got it to graph or if it just automatically adds it now. 
    *TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • @Avrilmai @catlady2015 I just checked it out; first you have to add RHR as a sign under "Specific."  Then go to settings > chart duo > click on sign > select RHR-Specific under Optional Sign.  

However, if you're like me and no longer temp, it won't really turn out right as you can see below

Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
  • @catlady2015 @missthumpa @sparklingdiamond sorry about the BFN :( 

@lulu1180 yay for an upgrade! 

@Avrilmai a beach vacation sounds awesome! I'm slightly jealous.

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: 25/8

Timing: -3 -1 

Typical LP length: 12-14 days, AF should be here by Tuesday.

Testing: Friday

R/R: I'm slightly bored at work today. I wish DH wasn't still on a work trip. I'm already making a plan for next cycle because I honestly don't think this cycle is a successful one. I'm springing for the expensive HPT today nonetheless. 

CS/Q: Nope. My temp dropped this morning, so yesterday's higher temp was most likely a fluke. I realize this post probably sounds very melodramatic, haha sorry.
  • @catlady2015 amen to the bigger bed! I had to be careful not to keep putting "backache" as a symptom in FF because I was sore from contorting myself around the dog all night. So sorry about your BFN :( but congrats on finding a buyer for the house!! That must be a huge relief.
    @lulu1180 yay for work laptop. Will that mean there's an expectation that you'll take work home at all? 
    @sparklingdiamond are you still using the wondfos? All the times I've caved and tested I think I went through 5 wondfos and then a FRER to confirm. 
    @missthumpa So sorry about your BFN. I'm having the opposite problem with my temps, they dropped after my supposed O date. 
    @Avrilmai hi there! We haven't met yet because I'm still fairly new. Beach trip sounds my kinda distraction. Hope you can get some good R&R this weekend. 

Month/Cycle: 6/5

CD/DPO: 27/8? 9? 

Timing: -3 or -4, not great

Typical LP length: TBD

Testing: Had a pelvic & TV ultrasound yesterday and bloodwork/urinalysis today to try to determine why I haven't been ovulating. That will hopefully give me some answers.

R/R: -

CS/Q: Hope the bloodwork and US can give me some answers cuz my chart makes no sense to me (or FF). Will switch to vaginal temping next cycle, see how that goes.

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD/DPO: 23/11

Timing: high

Typical LP length: 12

Testing: Stupid me left a test in my purse so even on vacation I was tempted to test early at 9 DPO and of course got a BFN. Just going to wait it out now since I luckily have no more tests readily available.

R/R: Rave: Just got back from a week long vacation (why I've been MIA for the last week or so). It was really good, got to see a lot of family from both sides and even some old family friends and a classmate from highschool whom I hadn't seen for forever. So that was all great.

TW - kids

I also met up with my best friend from college. She now has two little ones, the last who was born only two months ago. I'm pretty sure she got pregnant on the first month of trying both times. I love her dearly, but it was kind of tough hearing all about her experiences when I'm still trying. She was always the more enthusiastic about kids and pregnancy of the two of us, so I'm so happy for her that her dreams are coming true. But then, of course, the minute DH and I actually decided to start trying, it's been a lot harder on me than I would have thought, wanting it so badly. Pretty much a complicated mess of emotions the entire time.

CS/Q: My chart is kind of a mess with a lot of fluctuation that I'm sure is due to inconsistent waking times and bad sleep. Kind of to be expected from vacation, but it makes it hard to know what anything means. Have to keep reminding myself that temps don't help pregnancy happen or something silly like that, they're just telling you what is or is not happening, completely out of my control, whether or not I get a clear picture of it or not, and ultimately not significant for the end result that is already determined. Yeah, that sounds good...but dang it! I want clarity!

@catlady2015 - We got a king sized bed about two months ago and it has seriously probably been one of the best decisions we've made in our entire marriage. It's magical, simple as that! I'm sorry about the BFN, though. :(

@luckywife10 - I know what you mean about making plans for the next cycle. I've gotten to the point that my mental/emotional roller coaster usually goes into the TWW really hopeful, hits crushing despair after a BFN on 9 DPO when I stupidly test early, and then I just start thinking ahead to the next one. Part of me is still always a tiny bit hopeful, but it's almost less disappointing in the end if I've already moved on, essentially.
  • @catlady2015 Sorry friend. I hope the dip and rise will end up being something. Hang in there <3 

@sparklingdiamond and @kiki047 I feel for you ladies. Not ovulating or taking a really long time to ovulate is the suck. I hope the two of you find a solution to get balanced very soon. 

@lulu1180 I highly recommend going to MD when the cherry blossom festival happens. A really beautiful sight to see! I mean, it happens in the spring though. What's in Philly?

CD/DPO: 22/ff says 4 but I think 3

Timing: High

Typical LP length: Last cycle was 15, could've been 14; missing temp.

Testing: wfaf

R/R: Finally used the tea kettle that I received as a gift for my birthday. It has a little diffuser in the middle to place tea leaves into. It's a bit more work than using a tea bag, but it's worth it. Rant, my husband's bike broke down. I told his ass many times to pay to have it maintenanced (<---why is the spelling error red line under this?) but nooooooo. So now he has to use the car (the one I drive) until he gets it fixed which he has decided to diagnose the issue himself and fix it. He is capable of this task but with his work schedule, how will he find the time. I see myself being carless for at least a week now. As much as this peeves me, I did the exact same thing with my car and had to pay to replace the front brakes and rotors last week. /endranting

CS/Q: Do you ladies find your temp changes very much if you wake up an hour earlier, roll over, go back to sleep, and then temp at your usual time? Chart in spoiler.

People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• @lulu1180 @catlady2015 thanks ladies! I just went and played with it. I'm not sure that I see any discernible pattern...oh well, still interesting. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• Thanks @suzycupcake. Also curious about your temping question because I did that this morning. Woke up at 5:30, looked at my phone, went back to sleep until 7 and took my temp at my usual time around 7:10. 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• @suzycupcake - I don't really notice a difference when i wake up, check the time, and go back to sleep. unless i can tell i'm actively waking up, i don't see a difference. 
    *TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • @suzycupcake - I'll second what others have said. My husband wakes up for work about an hour before me, and I always sort of wake up but then immediately go back to sleep and then temp when I actually get up. This has seemed to work ok, with discernible shifts and consistent enough temps. I think it's like catlady said, as long as you're not actively waking up.
  • @Avrilmai and @kiki047 I tried an FRER yesterday morning and nada.  The Wondfo this morning didn't seem to have a line.  So maybe it was a weird evap.

• Guess I'm heading back over to WTO. AF is due tomorrow and I got a BFN today. Im super bummed. I did recently get an OPK, so I'm hoping that'll help. I keep telling myself the BC hormones are lingering and it's not because I'm 35 :/

@catlady2015, congrats on the sell. I know how stressful that can be!

I'd love more info about tracking temperatures and those charts everyone posts.

Thanks! I'm hoping you guys get your BFP soon ❤
  • @mdmommymegs sending hugs & sympathy - this part is hard  :( 

The website most folks on here use to track temps is called Fertility Friend https://www.fertilityfriend.com/ They have lots of great resources, and even a whole 'course' of lessons that they'll deliver to your inbox! I'm new to it, but so far it has been helping me feel more in control and aware of my body.
  • @glossyibis thanks for the info and kind words. Do you use a basil body temp thermometer? If so, can you recommend one?
  • Month/Cycle: 5/5

CD/DPO: 23/13

Timing: -4 (totally messed up  :s )

Typical LP length: 13

Testing: tomorrow (Thursday)

R/R: I am feeling so frustrated that I missed catching my ovulation this cycle! I have only been tracking for 2 cycles, so I thought it would be similar to last month which came at CD14. I didn't start checking signs, using the OPK, or BDing soon enough at all!  I'm trying to hang on for one more day before testing. *Whew* thanks for letting me vent here!

CS/Q: First time posting a chart - I figured out how to put it in a spoiler, but it is just showing the link below and not pulling up the thumbnail... can anyone help?

• @mdmommymegs I got this nuvertex one since it had reliable reviews. It has been very good, but it is no frills. It is not backlit (so hard to see in the morning) and it takes a little while to read, but again gets the job done! 

• @suzycupcake Philly is just a really great historical city with a lot of amazing things, just a few of the things that caught my eye are the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall (obviously), the art museum (the steps from the Rocky movies that he runs up), the oldest residential street in the US, the first and second banks of the US, one of the US mints, American Revolution Museum, Love Sculpture, Ben Franklin Museum and that's just off the top of my head.  There's really a ton to do there.

Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP